Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:31:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would very much enjoy looking at my neighborhood, and not just a river...  (Read 3176 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:27:06 pm »

In Veronaville, my darling town--it has all of my best looking Sims and generations upon generations of people in it that aren't the Montys, Capps, or Summerdreams--the camera doesn't move from the river that runs through the middle of the town.  Sure, it twitches, but it zooms in all the way, and I can't move it.  It happened while I was playing the game, too.  When I left one of my families, it flashed to a black screen, occasionally blinking "Now Loading Veronaville."  Then when I restarted, it just went to the river.  I'm not sure about the other towns, but I'm too worried about my families in Veronaville to care about the others. D;  I just want to fix Veronaville before I worry about the other neighborhoods.  Help, please?
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:38:10 am »

Hi, me again.

I found out, to my dismay, that it's only Veronaville doing this. I got rid of some hacks that might be the culprit/that I'd never use, but it didn't change anything. D:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 09:36:00 am »

If you don't have it, I would try downloading and running the Hack Conflict utility here. It's in Sims2>Objects

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:36:38 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;815762
If you don't have it, I would try downloading and running the Hack Conflict utility here. It's in Sims2>Objects
I actually do have it. n__n I'm just unsure of how it works.  It shuts down when I run it, which I think means that I have a hack conflicting with another one. >>;  Since I got rid of some of my hacks that I recently downloaded, I'll try again.  Better yet, I'll run that and see which of my hacks are updated for Seasons. xD

Oh, it says this:
Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility - Version 2.00.03

Error: 53
File not found: SWsupport.dll

Module: modSimsPackage
Procedure: gfstrDecompressFile

Install Path: C:\Documents and Settings\THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA!\Desktop
Data Path: C:\Documents and Settings\THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA!\My Documents
Sims Path: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\

Does that mean there's a conflict? Shocked  Tee hee, I'm so slow. xD;;
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:39:05 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 02:31:20 pm »

It means it can't work properly, redownload it and put in a file by instelf with all the other stuff that comes with it when you unzip it and it should work then. Also try deleting the groups.cache file in your EA games folder.

Char
xxx

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:41:34 pm »

That error message is a problem related with the utility itself. I would do as Charlotte has suggested, and try completely uninstalling the one you have, redownloading it and doing a clean re-install.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 12:39:04 am »

Oooh~!  Okay, thanks. <3

It says there aren't any conflicts. x___x  I'll try the groups.cache thing, see what happens. c:  Thanks, you two. :'D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:43:53 am by Nita-Chan » Logged
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 02:51:14 pm »

Groups.cache did the trick.  Well, sort of.  It zooms out really far and moves ten times slower than molasses, and I can't click on any of my houses. D;

Hm, could I keep my saved games if I uninstalled TS2?  I think that would do it.  I'm pretty sure it has a setting for keeping your saved games, right?  Or does that not work?  I'm not sure; I've never tried, and I'm too afraid to find out. xD
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 03:36:40 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 08:44:14 pm »

As far as I know: When you do an uninstall, then that's the end of it. Then you gotta start all over again.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »

Quote from: Mi-chii;821803
As far as I know: When you do an uninstall, then that's the end of it. Then you gotta start all over again.

Aw, maaaan~
That rules out that option.  I swear there was an option to keep all your saved games. >>;;  I'll check later tonight.  Or tomorrow...whenever I'm not lazy.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 11:15:20 am »

Nita-Chan, just make a backup of your game. Learn how here . Smiley

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 06:11:46 am »

Quote from: trl;822539
Nita-Chan, just make a backup of your game. Learn how here . Smiley

Ah, thank you for that! <33
Pages: [1]
  Print