Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:52:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: *SeXy Feet*Replacements*Male/Female seperates*Update 10-26-2008*  (Read 204389 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
John55

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2007, 11:36:18 am »

Thanks
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2007, 07:42:32 am »

Thank you!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2007, 09:43:58 am »

Quote from: afgw;1044005
I recently downloaded the feet for the first time after seeing that they'd been updated; I love the mesh, but when I saw the note about the visible seam on darker skins I knew it would give my Sims problems. You see, all my custom Sims are black or mixed-race females, with a variety of shades ranging from Mariah Carey to Alek Wek via Halle Berry, Beyoncé, Naomi Campbell and the Williams sisters, just like my friends and loved ones who are their inspiration. Consequently, I use Exnem's RealSkins as my defaults, but mostly my own and SolidGoldFunk's darker (some much darker) recolours, as the ReakSkins are the only anatomically correct skintones with ethnically correct textures - i.e. human pink palms, soles, fingernails and toenails for all races regardless of skin colour, as in real life - presumably hence the name.
As I  expected, on  installation, my Sims had soles with pink heels and arches but dark balls and toes! Weird, to say the least, so I had to uninstall, for now. I don't know if the feet mesh stops at the seam, but if not, you might consider giving the soles a permanent pihk texture to make everyone's feet more realistic - why stop  at the toenails?! As to the seam on the top of the foot, I don't know why that happens if you are getting the colour from that part of the skintone bitmap. However, since my Sims spend most of their time in sexy heels, usually Bsett's, Chriko's or Al's strappy open-toed shoes, what I would like to see is sexy feet for heels for all ages except babies & toddlers, or sexy feet built into a hires fully correct skintone rather than as an override.
Nevertheless, excellent work.

I had to make a choice when i made the first sexyfeet mesh.
But looking at the original maxis skintonefiles i knew i couldn't use those textures for the 3d feet.
So i decided to map the feet on the original maxis spots so they would use those textures and mapped the toes on another spot.
Later on i found out this is actual the best solution there is available as now you can have one skintonefile for both Maxisfeet and Mine, and i almost forgot, Warlokk's XHI meshes.
JW made those skintones that you can use on all meshes.

Wether i would have mapped the toes on the same spot or not, you alway's have to fix your skintonefile because the original textures will never fit on the 3D toes.
I have some black skintonefiles myself so if you want i could release one as a default replacement.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:47:59 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2007, 03:16:56 am »

I cant make them working with excisting skintones and i have no plans to have another attempt, it works fine this way.
Navetsea, oepu and Louis skins are already updated to use with the feet and those are used the most. Wink

No longer active
naTusia

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:22 am »

THANKS!THANKS!THANKS!
argus

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2008, 08:18:02 am »

great job Cheesy
KakashiCopyNin
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:51 pm »

How do i put these in game?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:12 pm »

Quote from: KakashiCopyNin;1090245
How do i put these in game?

If you even dont know how to put these ingame, you dont want these in your game, believe me Wink
Download these instead:http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=65288
Extract them with winrar into your defaults/downloadfolder.

No longer active
elansims

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2008, 11:30:18 pm »

Do these/how well do these male overrides work with the Beosboxboy/Marvine men?

Bandwagon's full; please catch another.
szielins

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2008, 04:04:10 am »

Quote from: elansims;1112684
Do these/how well do these male overrides work with the Beosboxboy/Marvine men?

They may be installed simultaneously, but have no effect on each other.
ganyblack

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2008, 04:55:36 pm »

Another file that is a conflict is H.Lin/Shinysims/Nihilin's AntiWaistLine, which replaces the pants-only AM pajamas with one that doesn't make a weird crease.
The file name (for the one I have, I believe it's from MTS2) is called:

Lin_AntiWaistLine(070209).package
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »

Quote from: ganyblack;1128579
Another file that is a conflict is H.Lin/Shinysims/Nihilin's AntiWaistLine, which replaces the pants-only AM pajamas with one that doesn't make a weird crease.
The file name (for the one I have, I believe it's from MTS2) is called:

Lin_AntiWaistLine(070209).package

Ah cool, thank you.
Thats why i advise peeps to use a defaults folder, so the game will read my files first and ignore others.

No longer active
ganyblack

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2008, 05:34:27 pm »

It's funny, I was getting all frustrated because I couldn't figure out what could possibly be interacting with the sexyfeet only on the male nightlife pajamas, and I spent about an hour going through my downloads trying to find it...
And then I went to bed, woke up after an hour saying, "Duh!" and I remembered exactly what it was.
Disassociation!
BTW, thank you for the sexy feet. They are marvelous. <3
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2008, 08:02:34 pm »

Quote from: Melissa0062;1132943
Do they work with every skintone?

no, they will not....well, the will show but with dark skintones you will see the seam.
I strongly recomment to use the defaults replacement skins from JWilson.(or others she updated)
Another thing, this thread is if you want the female or male seperate, you be better of with the full package from the other thread!.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:08:09 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
ticticc13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2008, 01:31:49 am »

Dear Bloom,

I just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful download! My Sims are more realistic. I've been using the female version since last year! When I updated with your male version, at first I thought it will not work because 3/4th of my Sim population are actually Sim guys and are using Beosboxboy and Marvine's meshes. I read both of the threads for the default replacements and installed. I have over 22k worth of downloads [almost 10GB], have all EP's, stuff packs, only missing H&M and teen stuff, and actually using subfolders [even with BV] and it's working. Might be different with other users. Initially, my boys have colored toenails Sad, like what posted on one of the previous posts. It's a bit difficult to discuss here Wink but I figured it out. Cheesy Now, I got the perfect results!

Anyway, thanks again so much for this wonderful download and can't wait to see more from you! Regards.

Here's some screens for you. ^.^

* ScreenShot 2.jpg (98.81 KB, 1024x786 - viewed 691 times.)

* Special.jpg (69.33 KB, 600x600 - viewed 1038 times.)

* 1579249411_7fba03184a_b.jpg (298.45 KB, 1024x641 - viewed 574 times.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:52:23 am by ticticc13 » Logged

----------------------------------------------------
~The Smallest Feline is a Masterpiece~
-Leonardo DaVinci
My Sims 2 Flickr
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: