Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:58:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: *SeXy Feet*Replacements*Male/Female seperates*Update 10-26-2008*  (Read 204362 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2007, 08:28:04 pm »

I'm taking your advice and just putting in one mesh to try.  My poor puter is in pain...

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2007, 08:33:58 pm »

Thanks for the advice Bloom!  I also put in all the meshes, maybe I should have started with one :rofl:

...enjoying the game.
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2007, 06:08:10 am »

Quote from: BlooM;832530
Did you use the Defaultfolder setup?
I would like to know.
If you had War's defaultbottom installed in the downloadfolder and mine in the default folder it means it will read my default override before Warlokk's.
So mine will not only override maxis files but also other default replacemnts
However, not completly true.......
Kimmy had also a default bottom override in her dl folder and she had a conflict.(but then again, i dont know if she used the defaultfolder setup....)

yes I used the defaultfolder set up just like you have in your instructions. Not in my downloads folder, but a new folder under thesims2. Even capped the D and added the S.

Your feet would show on swimwear/undies but not on true nude states. That is when I went hunting for the conflict.

Actually I had Warlokk's file in there also so now I not only have wonderful feet for the ladies, but game is running better as well since those 2 files must have been fighting for who knows how long.
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 05:49:53 pm »

Hello, Bloom.

I've just taken a quick look at your pics, and these feet look excellent. You must've put a LOT of work into applying them to so many meshes if they indeed replace ALL feet on ALL Maxis barefoot meshes.

Can you tell me how to get the file to work in the game? I've opened the zip and there appears to be a .bmp file in there... but I'm at a loss as to how that will have any effect on the game.

Can you explain what I should do with this file?

Many thanks.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »

Thraxwhirl,[/I] take a better look at the initial post by BlooM, please. He had to remove them pending whether or not he's violated Poser's EULA or such. So all you've got right now up there is the UVmap.

Sorry to see this BlooM, I certainly hope everything works out on this, they're such a great addition to the game... :group hu:

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2007, 09:11:21 am »

Oh, I see. Sad

Not 100% sure about the EULA stuff... but what little I do know would suggest that it's ok.

I've picked up a few titbits of knowledge on this from users more "in the know" than myself, and I as far as I can gather, it all comes down to two things: percentage of alteration to initial subject, and patent ownership of file format.

In the case of the former, I read from studies done by Beosboxboy that an alteration of 11% or greater reclassifies the custom content as unprotected - assuming I've understood correctly - now, given these feet were extracted from a full body model(I'm assuming), more than 89% of the model has been eliminated from the "end product", thus I would venture to assume that constitutes more than an 11% change.

Furthermore, Poser itself is a freely available software package(it's just the premium object meshes one has to purchase), but even if it weren't, I don't believe that restricts the cirulation - even for profit - of work produced using it. It's a tool that can be used for professional purposes, no? Just as music produced by/for professional artists can be legitimately created on professional software suites. In any event, the issue of commercial enterprise is negated because this work is offered up for free.

In any case, numerous internet sites do exist in which artists host work produced using professional art software - be it "painted" in Photoshop or rendered in 3D packages such as Poser or others of a similar nature. Some of that art is hosted free, and some isn't... but I believe it doesn't matter since the artist holds ownership of the work, whilst the software company holds ownership of the suite and its code. Ie. it's illegal to redistribute the software, but not work you've produced on it.

Now on the second issue - patent of the file type. That, I believe rests with Maxis. You see, Maxis own the patent of the .package file, I learnt recently, hence the veto or permission to redistribute sims' custom content rests with them. I'm sure it goes without saying that Maxis permit - nay encourage - the circulation of custom content for the sims, and they have stated such, because that's the whole point of the Exchange not only existing on the web but actually being accessible from "in-game".

Maxis' only disapproval is over .package file content being distributed for profit. In other words, they approve and encourage custom content being shared for free, but are none too happy about paysites.

Point is, these feet - if I understand correctly - are in the form of a .package file, and that means that the patent on them rests with Maxis.... and Maxis' only caveat is, "don't charge for it".

I confess I'm no expert, and I do know there are users with a deeper knowledge of this than myself, but I believe it's safe to distribute these feet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:14:17 am by Thraxwhirl » Logged
gaucho0103

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2007, 09:32:27 am »

If Bloom haven't said that it was with Poser 7 who would have know?

Guy in Montréal.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2007, 10:15:43 am »

Quote from: gaucho0103;836534
If Bloom haven't said that it was with Poser 7 who would have know?

I always give credit to the peeps who deserve it, in this case Poser 7 as the original shape of the feet are from that program.

No longer active
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2007, 11:13:56 am »

BlooM, do you remember this post of mine? You mentioned the hands I linked to were Poser7 ones, but you didn't make comment about the legs/feet. Are they extracted meshes from Poser7 as well?

The links are here: http://www.insimadult.org/showpost.php?p=381875&postcount=667

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2007, 01:11:36 pm »

Quote from: hardwaretoad;836629
BlooM, do you remember this post of mine? You mentioned the hands I linked to were Poser7 ones, but you didn't make comment about the legs/feet. Are they extracted meshes from Poser7 as well?

The links are here: http://www.insimadult.org/showpost.php?p=381875&postcount=667

I cant remember anymore........
But i have seen feet from poser extracted by some one else on this forum and they look almost 100% the same....
Have to look , its a 3ds file.
Thnx
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:06:13 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2007, 01:27:56 pm »

Quote from: BlooM;836568
I always give credit to the peeps who deserve it, in this case Poser 7 as the original shape of the feet are from that program.

Even with the stink it made (pun somewhat intended), I always appreciate when people state their sources.  Makes me feel less like the voice crying out in the wilderness!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
CherokeeMist
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2007, 10:08:55 pm »

I hope you get this thing cleared up BlooM, I'd love to download your meshes, they look absolutely perfect!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:09:28 am by CherokeeMist » Logged
nuttytartjan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2007, 03:33:39 pm »

:blob6: bloom hope you get this sorted out to as i love your work and cant wait for more :blob6:
RafaelNunes23

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2007, 11:35:41 am »

Ohh its so cooL that you could reduce the polycount! now I won't have any lag for sure and I'm very happy that your sexy feet are back and better than ever!!! :clap: :worship:
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:06 pm »

YAY, they are back! Than you so much for for all your wonderful gifts to this community!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: