Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:43:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Night [1/1]  (Read 3738 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ElaineMc

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2007, 11:47:47 am »

I've never experimented with text-on-graphics storytelling before, so I thought I'd give it a shot....

vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 02:48:19 pm »

Quote from: ElaineMc
I've never experimented with text-on-graphics storytelling before, so I thought I'd give it a shot....

Elaine, you hit the target and did an amazing piece of work. I hardly know where to start. I like the way your blended shadows, light and darkness in all the right places, especially the house shots.  I also stared at the 'motion' effect in your 3rd to last shot, where the girl appears to be turning her head, wondering how in the heck you did that.  Nice suspense also, of getting into the head of child left alone who is trying to contain her fears when the situation gets scarey.  Thanks for sharing this.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
satsoveranddone
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:57:03 pm »

omg thats the best one i have heard
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:07:11 pm »

Wow, this is amazing. You could definately be a professional writer.

New account --> 2*B~Weird
xHannaHx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 06:33:35 pm »

wow another story to get addicted to! this is really great!

Planning a sim wedding? In need of the perfect gown? Your search shall be no longer. Check out my set of 3 wedding gowns:love8:
Click here To get me in your game. You know you wanna :dance:
[/FONT][/SIZE]
ElaineMc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:47:49 pm »

Thanks to all for the kind comments! I found it very challenging to put together a graphic novel-style story; I don't think visually, so I spent a lot of time triple-checking myself and trying new combinations of light and dark.

vita4all, the effect on our narrator is a series of layers with different filters; the primary one was motion blur. This was the initial concept:

I thought it was too melodramatic, though, and went with the simpler version. Smiley

ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 05:40:27 pm »

Where to start, Where to start? It was the best peice of art work incorperated with a story I have ever seen. The story was amazing! The pictures were amazing I mean,
AMAZING! I wouldn't think it was first time doing the picture thing. Sorry I can't remember what it is called. I loved it. Yet again I
LOVED! IT Write another one so I can get addicted to that one!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:17:53 am by ryannrules86 » Logged

Sims Addict
Elven_Song

=3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 06:36:55 pm »

Wow, that was awesome! Wonderful pictures and beautiful use of shadows/blending. I think the fact that you made the whole thing dark really made me think that there really was something down there - "waiting to gobble her up", as the story goes. ^^ Also thought that I could be the person down there in the dark, watching the little girl who is terrified of what she can't see, since all I can see is the dark too.

I think light and dark aspects in a story really does something in a person's brain, we find it rather intriguing. And a lot of us somewhere back there are still afraid of the dark, that's what makes stories like this interesting.

I also found a bit of rhyming, but I'm not sure if that was intentional. You got it in there though, and it sounds great! ^^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: