Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:57:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extracting objects from Pets?  (Read 1898 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaneonapua

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:29:02 pm »

I am a big fan of mid-Twentieth Century design so I have been trying to extract some of the funky objects in Pets like the Atomic wall clock, rug, electronics and furniture. This is just for my personal use. I have Pets installed on an old computer with just TS2 so I have been getting the objects from there with SimPe and giving them my own unique guids.  I don't think the old computer could handle another expansion pack as it barely crawls with Pets. :sad4:

My extracted objects show up as custom content in the Buy mode catalog in "Pets" and "Sim Stories: Pets" and they seem to work. The problem is they don't show up in Buy mode for my other installation of the game with all the EPs except for Pets.

I have just done template recolors of objects prior to this so I am wondering if I am missing something. It is nice that the objects work in "Sim Stories: Pets" but I'd love to get them into my other installation of the game. If anyone has any suggestions, I will be willing to give them a try.

kaneonapua

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:48:06 pm »

I pulled out the meshes and textures and put them in other objects that came with GL or the base game. I have attached a photo of the two dressers I extracted in my game installation that doesn't have Pets. I learned a lot about objects doing this. I still have a problem with the end table -- the square under it is very dark but only in the house. It looks fine if the end table is placed outside as you can see in the picture. I guess I will make inquires at MTS2 about it.

* snapshot_6dae6a73_b3afc512.jpg (14.48 KB, 400x300 - viewed 184 times.)

wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:24:42 pm »

In SimPE, find the GMDC for the endtable that has the group "groundshadow" (or a similar name). The Opacity value (somewhere in the groups in the SimPE plugin) should be a small number, like 0x00000007 or such. You probably have the value 0xFFFFFFFF, which makes it a solid.

Change the opacity value for just the groundshadow group to what was in the original object and resave.

<* Wes *>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: