Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:57:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Driver Glitch: The Sims-Blue-Screen-of-Death  (Read 1637 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chopaface

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:15 pm »

I'm always getting a damn blue screen, before it would say that my graphic card failed and i need to update my drivers, and I have!

I even replaced my motherboard thinking it was the problem, after I replaced it, it worked perfectly fine until one day, it did it again... it always degrades the graphics just before the step of the "blue screen of death" mode.

But now it's just comes up without any warning and not even a window error box.

It's getting more and more ridiculously frustrating almost to the point where I'm this close in being discouraged from ever playing Sims 2, and I love this game so much...

I recently installed: Teens Stuff, Bon Voyage, and FreeTime....

My Insimulator isn't working because I need the updated version for it... so I'll just get it now...

but about my BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH problem is always persisting, what should I do?!

I have...

1 GB of SDRAM
6600GT 128MB
1.8ghz Athlon 3000
windows xp home
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:41:31 pm »

Have you tried reading through this wiki article?  :angel:

m327

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:57:30 pm »

:blob6: YES! After reading days & weeks worth of "Blue screen" posts, as stated on the wiki, the "boolProp useShaders false" cheat worked for me! I haven't been able to play since BV (until now) because of that stupid blue screen!! All the info on all the boards, ranging from drivers, to buying new hardware, to reformatting the hard drive --just gave me the TOTAL CREEPS!! I was ready to totally give up Sims once & for all & dedicate all of my time to my WOW Feral Druid full time!! (no problems with WOW cause their patches add cool features to the game and ahem...really work!) Well, I've been Simming since Sims1/day1 so I tried the cheat & now I am playing Sims again no prob!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: