Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:32:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Razor's Edge  (Read 4240 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Auronette

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:31:47 pm »

This was a request from FallenAngel86 who wanted a large nursery home.

Right, ok, bad news first so you can turn back now if you’re no longer interested.

NOTE: Items from the Seasons EP were used making this house. Please be sure you either have Seasons or that you use clean installer to install this home.

KNOWN ISSUES:

One issue known to me and that is, when viewing the lot from neighborhood view, there appears to be a wall missing on the top floor right-hand side. This appears to me to be a graphical issue only and may be isolated to my graphics card/set up. As you can see in the screenshots, this problem is not occurring in the lot itself. I have play tested the lot and found no weird happenings in regards to the missing wall from neighborhood view. If you do encounter problems with this lot, please let me know.

The second issue is that of warped walls in the garage area. The technique used to build the house with the garage attached to it warped the walls where the two connect therefore patterned walls will display with distortion. I have hidden these behind some benches and foliage. To minimize the effect without the use of the benches and foliage, try using a wall color without patterns on it.

The house is a large house requiring the use of large amounts of computer resources. Just a warning to you now so you can turn back if you think your system can’t handle it. Smiley

UNFURNISHED VERSION:

Neighborhood lot size reads 4 x 5 (inside lot says 50 x 50)
Price $83,439
6 Bedrooms--Up to 8 possible by utilizing the study and formal dining areas.
5 full baths and 2-- 1/2 baths (because we all know Sim bladders run at half empty)

Other features include a small fishing pond, modest landscaping, a covered porch, 2-car garage with work area perfect for crafting, lighting and neutral colored interior.

No custom content and no furnishings/plumbing of any kind are provided with this version.

FURNISHED VERSION:

Neighborhood lot size reads 4 x 5 (inside lot says 50 x 50)
Price $87,485
3 bedrooms--Up to 5 possible by utilizing the study and formal dining areas.
3 Nursery Suites
2 full baths and 2--1/2 baths

The top floor of the house has one large bath and two regular bedrooms which can be utilized by adults or teens. It also boasts three larger nursery rooms.

I have tried to limit the number of babies per room to no more than three. I have done this in an attempt to circumvent the problems one can experience when one infant wakes up screaming, the rest of the group tend to follow suit. I figure 3 is better than 12. LOL Adjacent to each of the nursery rooms are caregiver centers which house a compactor, changing tables, sinks and fridges for faster retrieval of bottles.

The rooms are designed in such a way that remodeling for transition of the infants to toddlers and later to children has been simplified slightly. Just take out the nursery furniture and place beds and plumbing fixtures in their places. If you're in need of a little more privacy, replace the open arches with regular doors and you're up and running without having to fight with yourself over where you want to add/remove a wall.

The ground floor hosts a generous sized master suite, study, living area, formal dining area, breakfast nook, kitchen, laundry room, open foyer, and two 1/2 baths.

Other features include a small fishing pond, modest landscaping, a covered porch, 2-car garage with work area perfect for crafting.

There are no custom objects included in this download.

Recolor used in furnishing this lot ARE INCLUDED per creator policy.

CREDITS:

Member Info TsGazelle

Sea Baby Nursery Set

Sugar Plum Butterfly Nursery Set

Please visit the creator’s page if you’re interested in the whole set of recolor as only some of the items were utilized by me.

House is based on floor plan # 11-215 located here:

http://www.houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=9628

The bottom floor follows the plan pretty closely, but the top floor has been modified by me.

IMPORTANT REAL ESTATE DISCLOSURE:

History of the house…

Jerome Blakenship, of the NJ Blakenships, and his wife, Eliane, purchased this home in the late fall of 2002. They lived happily in the home for years before strange things began to happen. Often, as was his way, Jerome would head out to the back yard and gaze lovingly at the stars in the skies overhead. He was a “Knowledge” Sim after all and studying the stars was one of his favorite pastimes. He would ponder for hours as he did so if there was in fact “life out there.” One evening, Jerome found the answer to that age old question when out of nowhere a huge beam of light swallowed him up.

During his absence, Jerome was subjected to many different tests and various tortures and when he was returned, he discovered that he was with child! He had the child and shortly afterwards was again abducted and returned with child. At first Jerome dealt with the problem very admirably by accepting what had happened and even, dare I say, enjoying it slightly as now he knew the answers to many questions which had been hidden to him previously. But after he was abducted repeatedly and impregnated a record breaking 12 times, Jerome began to experience severe panic attacks that were triggered by merely glancing upon his children. Apparently, they caused memories of the abduction and torture to arise within him. He was now terrified of them. Late one evening he ran out of the house into the darkness screaming loudly. He was never heard from again. No one knows what happened to him. Some say he merely changed his name and is currently living in the Veronaville province. Others glance towards the sky when they speak his name…

Eliane clung desperately to the hope that her husband would return to her and so she tried to hold down the fort without him. She tended to the infants and worked hard, but being an abandoned wife and caring for the house and 12 infants soon took its toll. The nanny found Eliane, collapsed from sheer exhaustion, on the kitchen floor of the home. Although medical help was called, Eliane succumbed to her exhaustion and the Grim Reaper took her away. Her 12 children were immediately spirited away by the social worker and put up for adoption that very day.

Unfortunately, Elaine’s simple and sweet nature left her more concerned with tending her family than tending the bills so the life insurance policy she owned was cancelled due to lack of payment. The bank has come in and taken possession of the home and is now selling it at a drastically reduced price.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

The use of non-autonomous fridges or global hack will be very useful in keeping the Sims from trying to make meals using the fridges in the nursery rooms.

Locking the Master Suite to visitors will keep them from trying to shortcut through the room or from sitting on the small couch in that room as it has a higher attraction level than the one in the living area.

This is the longest post I think I’ve ever made. If you’ve read this far, congratulations and thanks!

Enjoy!

Auronette

* AuronetteRazorsEdgeFurnished.jpg (294.22 KB, 546x600 - viewed 3011 times.)
* Razor's Edge Furnished.rar (1874.9 KB - downloaded 257 times.)
* Razor's Edge Unfurnished.rar (942.31 KB - downloaded 209 times.)

* auronetterazorsedgefronnt7.jpg (186.05 KB, 397x529 - viewed 418 times.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:44:03 pm by kathy » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:44:42 pm »

Gorgeous!
kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 04:56:39 pm »

Nice Job

Fweetsma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 05:43:53 pm »

Great house Auronette. Can't wait to play it. Thanks.
rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:51:42 pm »

Your story on the is so well thought out...super job!  Great job on the house too.  Thanks for sharing.

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:41:15 pm »

Nice Thanks

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
Sweetdey26

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:35:25 pm »

Thankies!

Judging on InSIMenator.net and loving every minute!:hammer:
Found Love...Blessed in every way...
Friends, Fun, & Sims SimsSkirts Family
Real Friends, Real Fun, Real Sims 2
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 08:45:11 am »

What a tragic story, the poor family. Thanks for the house and the story! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: