Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 07:54:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: File Causing Game Crash: furniture  (Read 1614 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Diva1108

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:17:41 pm »

I recently downloaded furniture from this website http://sims-2.gameslife.ru/objects_sets2.htm and I think its causing my game to crash. It doesnt say I need certain expansion packs in order for it to work properly...Can anyone help?:sad4:
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:24:28 pm »

Diva1108, I've d/l'ed countless things (including those) from Sims 2 Play without any troubles ~ some great things to be found there. Are you sure it's those files causing your crash? Can you post an error message to maybe help us to help you?

Have you tried pulling the files out of your d/l's folder, or used Clean Installer to render them useless? Try that to see if your game goes back to normal... let us know, please.

If they are based on meshes that you don't have, it certainly can cause a crash, but usually they just don't show up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:29:13 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:50 pm »

i love their furniture and would hate to delete anything but it loads halfway on the The Sims 2 Nightlife Screen and then it say "The Sims 2 Nightlife Has Crashed, the program will now terminate." And I dont have any new hacks or houses.

What expansions do you have?

can anyone plzzz help
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:37:27 pm by MissDoh » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:07:10 pm »

I understand you're anxious to see an answer to your problem, but you need to be patient and not bump your post. People are busy and not everyone who has the technical knowledge to help you is on at the same time you are.

Now, your problem. I find a lot of times people don't mention eps because they don't know they'll cause a problem. Even if you make an item cloned from a base game item, having one of the later eps will make it difficult for people without those eps to use it. I would take the item out of your downloads file, and if the game runs fine, then chances are you need an ep you don't have.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:48:10 pm »

This could also be due to a driver issue for your video card(s). Make sure you have the latest release available. Old/faulty drivers are notorious for the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death"!! Lots of options ~ the more info you give, the more people may be able to help you. Sims 2 Play doesn't let you know what item has been made with which EP, it might be best to pull them & stick with downloading from sites (or creators) that let you know which ones they use.

Are you up to date on patches for your game(s) from EA? Might be as simple as that. Good luck & keep us posted.

I have everything except Happy Holiday Stuff installed, BTW...

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: