Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:13:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Phabet Legacy~  (Read 3951 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2007, 04:55:43 pm »

My first story on InSIM! This is an Alphabet Legacy, which you'll understand soon enough if you don't already.  On with my update!

Andromeda flattened her red hair over her ears, making sure they were completely covered.  Pulling her hat farther down, she moved across her new lot to the four blank walls that was her house.  She poked one of the walls, cringing at its weakness.  Inside the box there was a bed, sink, counter, refrigerator, table, a chair, a door she hoped led to a bathroom...

"...aaannnd no wallpaper, floors, or a roof for that matter," Andromeda said aloud.  She prayed it wouldn't rain before she could afford a roof of some sort.  Not that it would, anyway.  She was in a desert!  Like it would rain ever!  Glancing around for a second time she caught sight of a light, she supposed, and what could be called a bookshelf.  

Deciding to see if there was anything else around her 'house', Andromeda went outside and walked around it.  Just as she thought.  Nothing else was out there.  

Lying back in the sand, she started talking to herself and tracing the tattoo along the side of her cheek.  "Stupid paper, stupid people, stupid lot, stupid life..." Andromeda trailed off, but continued fiercely in her head.  "Ugh!"  She groaned and rolled onto her stomach drowning her face in the sand.  She sat up again, spitting sand out of her mouth.  Add that to the list, she thought miserably.  Two minutes in her new home and she was already sick of it.  What happened to her 20,000 simoleons?  Where had it gone to?

Andromeda glumly remembered the amount of simoleons she had left, how she thought she would have enough.  Enough to live by, at least until she had gotten a job.  No.  She had bought lots of sand and a box with 30 simoleons left over.  How very successful, she thought sarcastically.  

Sh sat there for a while, gazing out at the road.  What would she have to do to see another lousy sim?  Occasionally a car passed by, then after an hour or so the same car would go around again.  Andromeda began to wonder if there was a way into Aridia, but no way out of it.  She immediately regretted thinking that.  It was probably true, she was stuck in Aridia.  Forever.  Andromeda screamed as loud as she could possibly manage.  She wondered if anyone heard.

For the next couple of hours, until dark, Andromeda applied for a job and sharpened her cooking skills.  If she was going to have to live here she might as well eat as close to gourmet food as she could get.  The best way to make spaghetti sauce is to slice a medium tomato...Brrrring!  

"Ugh!  Stupid phone, way too loud..." Andromeda grumbled.  "Hello?!"  Someone cleared their throat on the other line.  "Hello?" she said again.  

"Uh...yes, hello?"  Andromeda stared at the phone.  What kind of idiot was this?

"Yeah, what?" she said roughly.  

"Well..." the woman on the other line began slowly.  Andromeda realized the woman was an older sim, and that she must have scared her.  "Since you're new in town..."  Andromeda snorted.  What town?  "I thought you might like to join me and the gals downtown," the sim offered.  Andromeda gaped.  Be seen with a bunch of old ladies?  In a downtown she never knew existed?  As if!

"Um...I'm kinda busy getting everything settled in, ya know?" Andromeda fibbed.  

"Oh, oh!  Yes, of course!  My name's Marsha, by the way," Marsha informed her.  "Just call me if you need anything, darling."

"Oh, don't worry, I will.  Ok, bye."  Andromeda sighed.  She hadn't realized how tired she was.  Slipping on her only nightgown, she slid into her bed.  She was out once she hit the pillow.  

Hoped you liked my first update!  I'll work on the way I put up the pics, though...:smile:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:11:55 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 05:10:40 pm »

I like it so far. Can't wait for more. =]

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
satsoveranddone
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 04:28:07 am »

Quote from: cookie_monster8;823121
I like it so far. Can't wait for more. =]

i like it as well and i cant wait for more lol
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »

Yay! Comments!  I'll try to update often.  A legacy may be a bit of a challenge for me, what with only getting up to the third generation (once!).  So, I'm really gonna try with this family!

"Turn off the light!" Andromeda moaned.  Her eyes slitted open as she remembered the lack of a roof.  It had to be early, the light was weak, but enough was there to be annoying.  Creeping out of bed, Andromeda blinked her eyes several times.  She just couldn't get used to the light.  She felt the walls with her eyes shut tightly, feeling her way to the shower.  She washed away the sweaty and stickiness.  "That's what you get for living in the desert," she scolded herself.  

Andromeda walked out of the shower hot, but no longer sticky or sweaty.  She dressed in her usual all black attire, a foolish move with all the heat.  Just as she made herself a toaster pastry, she heard a car beeping outside.  Dumping her breakfast purposefully on the ground, she creaked open the door and peaked outside.  Her carpool was waiting for her.  The driver had such bright orange hair it could be seen through the grimy, dirt covered windows.  Andromeda groaned.  She was not looking forward to working as some politician.  She only took the job because it was the highest paying one in the paper.  Money was definitely something she needed.  Besides, she didn't know what she wanted to do for a living.  Frowning, Andromeda pushed forward to the filthy car.  

"I never thought I'd be happy to be here!" Andromeda exclaimed as she threw open the door to her house.  She picked up her toaster pastry from that morning.  It was buried in a blanket of dust and grit.  Oops.  She had forgotten about the missing floors when she had dropped it.  After walking all the way back to the street to throw away her discarded breakfast, she collapsed onto her bed.  It had been a long day at work, and all she wanted to do was sleep.

She was not getting used to this sun thing.  Andromeda's vision was blurred as she stepped into the shower, but it wasn't as bad as the day before. If she had money to buy sunglasses she would wear them when she slept.  After she had showered and dressed, she sat down with a plate of pancakes.  There wasn't any work that day so she took the time to make pancakes from scratch.  No mix.  She looked around the room.  Her plate was almost empty.  What now?

Andromeda tossed the paper to the ground after finishing the crossword, which was very easy.  She had flipped through the paper, but there was never anything she wanted to read.  It was funny, though, how there wasn't a single thing on Aridia.  Most of it was on Pleasantview, where she had grown up.  A few things were on Veronaville, all about big, fancy weddings and parties.  Strangetown had a couple of tiny articles.  Those she didn't even look at.  They were all about alien abductions and missing people.  Yeah right.  

Opening the door, Andromeda glanced around outside.  What to do, what to do...?  Her eyes caught sight of something big and fluffy and white.  

"A cat!" Andromeda exclaimed.  She never saw anything around here except that creepy kid who just randomly walked past everyday.  Well, and the papergirl and mailman, not that they were ever very chatty.  The ball of white  fluff sat near her mailbox and started to clean its paw.  

Her curiosity took over, and Andromeda walked carefully toward the cat.  It was definitely female.  Just the way she acted, Andromeda knew.  The cat's face was was sort of squashed, and her fur was much more tangled than it had appeared from afar, but all together she was a pretty cat.  Andromeda suddenly had the overwhelming feeling to call her 'Cookie'.

"You look like a 'Cookie'," Andromeda commented.  "Wait," she corrected herself when Cookie looked at her strangely.  "You don't look like a cookie, well you do, but..." she paused.  "Your name's Cookie, got it?"  Cookie continued to lick her paw again.  Andromeda smiled.  You are definitely my kind of cat, Cookie."  Andromeda stroked her head fondly.  

That's the update for today!  Hope you liked it! And sorry for the lack of photos, hopefully there will be more tomorrow!

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:28:35 pm »

Yesssss!!!! I am so glad my update got posted!  I was just clicking submit and then I had a power surge!  I was so afraid it didn't get posted!  Thank goodness it did!
Medagic

satsoveranddone
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:15:25 pm »

so are we gonna get an update soon?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: