Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 08:13:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The_Balloon_Dog's Industrial Set, 1st Wave objects  (Read 10938 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dewshine

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:23:36 am »

It's rather a haphazard effort on my part as far a repair goes, I'm afraid.  I'm doing these more by what I can find in SimPE at a glance than anything else, and perhaps by what strikes my fancy, Cheesy

At any rate, I've got some items fixed for this set, tested with all EP's but all base game objects.  It should be no surprise that you need CEP for this set, right?  So, my album for this wave of object recolors includes 21 images.  Several of these are multi-part packages though so the rar file has more than 21 packages in it.

Industrial BBQ

Chess set

end table

This assortment includes the BBQ and chess set shown above, 2 couches (both recolors of the Candy sofa), a living chair, end table, fridge, 2 bookcases, a 12th century vase recolor, desk, easel, 2 mirrors, a window, telescope, bar, computer, dresser, and a a garbage bin.  

computer

dresser

Album here.

I'll keep at it, I've got lamps, beds, counters, bathroom items, and barstools coming... soon, yeah.  Wink

* snapshot_0000000a_b3a4b346.jpg (24.7 KB, 600x450 - viewed 14500 times.)
* TBD_Industrial_1stwave.rar (830.34 KB - downloaded 1106 times.)

The Wolf of Retribution! Proud Leader in the Animal Army!:dog:
'Trashed' Sims? I've got a website... Dewshine's Recolors for Sims 2.
Visit my Live Journal ~ GM_Andy's TARDIS ramblings ~ Fanfic for Dr Who.
::smilieiforgetwhi:: A daily click will help to provide food and care for an abused, abandoned or neglected animal.::smilieiforgetwhi::
hna1924

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:41:16 am »

I love this stuff. Great work!
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58:57 am »

Very cool!
simkitty181

I know I'm crazy, I'm know I'm crazy...I know I am

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 02:28:14 pm »

oo nice army/industrial look

*hugs*
simkitty181
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:40:21 pm »

Yay, cool! I can't wait to test these babies out in my game!

:blob6:
kim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 10:22:52 pm »

Nice Job

jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 01:02:57 am »

Great idea!! Good Job!! Thanks
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 01:10:24 am »

They look fantastic Dew! Thank you for sharing and updating this whole set for us Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 04:24:23 am »

I didn't understand quite well what you mean by repair fail. Read something about someone claiming on flashing blue objects. This is normally caused by a name mismatch between MMAT and Material Definition. You know MMAT or Material Override is a set of information on which Object (GUID) the texture will be applied. It must be followed by a Material Definition which is another set of information where details on the material to be applied over the texture. MMAT defines also the Main Name for the set and has to be EXACTLY a match in the Naming (the one that you read on the top) for the Material Definition file. If it is not exactly the same, the recolor won't appear or will flash blue. It is always clever to make a difference on the naming, like for example include the color of each texture. Afterwards you should press "FIX TGI". The instance number of each color must be different. The same way MMAT has to have the correct sequence. You know when it is correct when you clone a code line and change the color, the new color will appear on the name. In fact the easiest way to recolor objects is thru code lines cloning. It allows to recolor custom objects that doesn't have the respective clones already in the CEP (if you don't know CEP is in fact simple clones of Material Override and Material Definition already packed for your use)
dewshine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:47:37 am »

These object recolors were made way back with SimPE .1 something.  Pre University.  Maxis was kind enough to inform everyone that the University EP would change how package files were handled by the game.  Most of the time the batch updater fixes these old files, but with many of the files in this set simpe itself cannot fully read the packages, the textures revert when leaving the lot, change drastically with the camera distance, or they blink blue in the neighborhood view.  

Rebuilding the files by hand with the newest SimPE fixes the many problems that the batch updater does not and stabilizes these recolors. I believe from looking inside these files, that perhaps the original simpe did not pull the correct file parts or did not "update all sizes" correctly, perhaps in some cases.  The paintings I've extracted the textures from successfully after simpe threw an error code at me actually ended up being the original painting textures not the recolor at all, which is odd, because The_Balloon_Dog took pictures of the paintings with his recolors working.

One of the barstools in this set that I did use the batch updater on still flashes blue. The countertops for this set change back to the original texture when leaving the lot, and I believe that is due to the fact that there's missing parts inside the package files for them, much like the early teddybear recolors sometimes didn't pull the dirty state parts.  

The main problem with this set is that it was made with a very early version of SimPE is all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:01:11 pm by dewshine » Logged

The Wolf of Retribution! Proud Leader in the Animal Army!:dog:
'Trashed' Sims? I've got a website... Dewshine's Recolors for Sims 2.
Visit my Live Journal ~ GM_Andy's TARDIS ramblings ~ Fanfic for Dr Who.
::smilieiforgetwhi:: A daily click will help to provide food and care for an abused, abandoned or neglected animal.::smilieiforgetwhi::
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: