Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:55:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed: Custom furniture not showing up.  (Read 3227 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Elenee

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:17:10 am »

Uh, one more poor someone with a proplem: Me. After allready having Sims2, UNI, NL, OFB, and Seasons, I finally got Pests, uhm, Pets.

I un-installed ALL my Sims 2 expansion packs and the base game. Removed all custom Sims 2 stuff, atleast all to my knowledge.
Couple days later I installed all my Sims, base game and expancions, and all of their patches. Everything worked fine.
Then I started downloading customs (I had saved all the zips and rars of stuff I definitely wanted to keep.). Sims show, skins show, genetics, clothes. BUT:
No furnitures! No custom furnitures!
Is there an Install-All-The-Games-And-Patches-And-Customs-For-Dummies quide somewhere that I've totally missed. Or could someone kindly help me with this strange issue? :oogle:

~ Amor no respeta ley, ni obedece a rey. ~
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:00:21 pm »

Did you re-enable your cc in game since you made a complete reinstall?
Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:01:07 pm »

Yes, I did.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 01:02:39 pm »

Then if you enable it, quit the game and restarted it and none of your cc are showing, I have no idea why, sorry.
Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:11:49 pm »

Yeah.. I did that, and they still won't show. I'm kinda clueless with this too.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:22:56 pm »

You may have to keep restarting your game a couple of times more after you re-enable custom content.  Try it out a few more times and see if the game will read them.  Then if that doesn't work, try moving your custom content out of the Sims 2 directory, and either gradually add them back in to the Downloads folder, or move the whole Downloads folder out, restart the game and exit after it loads, then put the folder back in and try loading the game again.

If all of the above fails... I'll be stumped.  :?  I'll be wishing you luck that this helps, Elenee.  :pray:

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:46:10 pm »

Sometimes I have to exit and enter a few times for it to show up too. Grrr... One more thing, do you have the latest CEP file installed? LOL This is a shot in the dark but I'm just trying to think of anything I can. I guess you must if you had Seasons installed and your CC showed in game. hmmm..Smiley

Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:16:18 pm »

Yes, I have it. I've tried re-starting the game about three times or so.. And I've been moving stuff gratually in but it doesn't seem to make any difference... *sigh*

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 09:06:57 pm »

:scratch: ... Well, it's a long shot, but have you tried re-downloading any of your CC from the sites you got them from?  

And this is also another long shot, but try disabling custom content, and re-enable it, then restart the game again... Sounds redundant to what you have been doing, I know, but I'm running out of ideas for this one... :oops:  Let us know what happens.

Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 03:32:51 pm »

Tried both :/ Didn't work.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »

:icon9:  Wow... I wonder what's going on then.  I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.  Can't think of anything else that could be causing this problem.  Sad

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 01:05:42 am »

Elanee, do you have the meshes, if any are needed, for this furniture? (I'm sorry I am just thinking of anything I can...)

Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 04:36:10 am »

Yes, naturally I have the meshes. Everything worked just spiffy before installing Pets.

Elenee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 06:36:14 pm »

I finally got everything to work. I still don't have any idea what made it work and un-work. The trick with me was just to install Seasons before Pets. Strange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: