Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:59:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create quality photos in game  (Read 1398 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Vodka4ever

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2007, 12:22:58 pm »

The built in maxis photo taker is low quality and only outputs thumbnails, from what I can see.  How do people make bigger, better quality photos or movies?
Bosie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:38:01 pm »

To take good quality photos, you need to use the Print Scr/SysRq button on your keyboard, which saves a screenshot on to the clipboard. Then you need to open an image-editing programme, paste, and voila.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 01:45:09 pm »

If you are looking under My Documents/EAGames/Sims2/Storytelling that may be why you are only getting thumbnails. The pics taken with the in-game camera are found under My Documents/*your user name*/EAGames/Sims2/Neighborhood/*neighborhood #*/Storytelling. In my game they are 600x450 pics plus a thumbnail for each pic. Try looking there. You can also do what Prob1ematique stated or you can also use a Print screen progarm such as Gadwin's or YASF. See this thread here for more info on this. Smiley

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 12:54:08 pm »

Using the print screen key works, but it will only allow you to save one picture at a time to the clip board. A lot of people use a print screen utility, such as Fraps or Gadwin to take pictures in their game. This will allow to take as many pictures as you want to without having to minimize the game and paste each picture as you take it. All the photos you take will be saved to a file created by the program, which you can then open in an editing program and resize to the forum specs.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Vodka4ever

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:28:40 pm »

Thx to everyone for their input.:smt120
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: