Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:37:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Default BodyShape Replacements?
Keep Current Default 34B-34" Hips - 38 (17.1%)
34C Natural - 23 (10.4%)
34C Enhanced - 30 (13.5%)
34D Natural - 18 (8.1%)
34D Enhanced - 18 (8.1%)
34DD Natural - 16 (7.2%)
34DD Enhanced - 31 (14%)
36" Hips - 26 (11.7%)
38" Hips - 22 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Default Replacement Sizes?  (Read 22669 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 08:48:01 am »

They were only made as a base for me to work from anyway... but I thought folks would like them so I put them up.  Besides I wanted the nipples to be consistent for all sizes.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
d99320470

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 08:35:37 pm »

looking forward for your default replacement mesh !!!
Nekota

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 04:07:12 am »

Warlokk,

While the populace of the world awaits with breathless anticipation in the slow, agonizing crawl of elapsing time for the triumphant Hi-Res Bodyshape Project to achieve absolute, unmitigated perfection . . .  I was wondering if you might spare a moment to answer a question.  

Is it possible to create a blended mesh?  Here's what I mean:  The Hi-Res Bodyshape Project is about creating a three-dimensional effect for realism (i.e. nipples).  On some clothing meshes, they poke out.  I mean really poke out.  I mean, "they could put someone's eye out" type of poking out.  In real life, this phenomenon occurs when women choose not to wear a bra (well, it sometimes happens WITH a bra, but you get my point).  So is it possible to create a full-body mesh, blending with and without 3D nipple effects depending on the type of clothing being worn.  For example, for everyday and formal wear would not be poking out.  Some athletic, undergarments, and PJ wear would or would not.  But underwear and certainly "shower-wear" would.  Can that be incorporated into which mesh is accessed by the computer (so that even everyday clothing which did not use a separate clothing mesh would not be "poking out")?  Hence, a blended mesh?

I know there would be some folks who want just a Hi-Res mesh "poking out" in everything and some folks who want a Hi-Res mesh that never "pokes out".  So I was thinking about a blended version that incorprated this third option that does in some situations but not in others.  I suspect it won't work, but I figured I don't know enough to say, so I thought I'd ask.
Jay1646

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 09:04:03 am »

Quote from: Nekota
Warlokk,

While the populace of the world awaits with breathless anticipation in the slow, agonizing crawl of elapsing time for the triumphant Hi-Res Bodyshape Project to achieve absolute, unmitigated perfection . . .  I was wondering if you might spare a moment to answer a question.  

Is it possible to create a blended mesh?  Here's what I mean:  The Hi-Res Bodyshape Project is about creating a three-dimensional effect for realism (i.e. nipples).  On some clothing meshes, they poke out.  I mean really poke out.  I mean, "they could put someone's eye out" type of poking out.  In real life, this phenomenon occurs when women choose not to wear a bra (well, it sometimes happens WITH a bra, but you get my point).  So is it possible to create a full-body mesh, blending with and without 3D nipple effects depending on the type of clothing being worn.  For example, for everyday and formal wear would not be poking out.  Some athletic, undergarments, and PJ wear would or would not.  But underwear and certainly "shower-wear" would.  Can that be incorporated into which mesh is accessed by the computer (so that even everyday clothing which did not use a separate clothing mesh would not be "poking out")?  Hence, a blended mesh?

I know there would be some folks who want just a Hi-Res mesh "poking out" in everything and some folks who want a Hi-Res mesh that never "pokes out".  So I was thinking about a blended version that incorprated this third option that does in some situations but not in others.  I suspect it won't work, but I figured I don't know enough to say, so I thought I'd ask.

I agree

But don't overwork yourself warlock
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 11:16:34 am »

It would be possible to do versions of meshes like this... in fact I've already done it for another project over at PandoraSims2, for their Super Nude Pack 2.  In that case, they are default replacers for certain tops and a swimsuit mesh, but still in the default size.

For the custom size, I'd have to do 2 versions of a mesh, one with and one without the nipples, for each outfit I wanted to do this for... for example if I wanted to make the Tshirts this way, I'd create 2 different shirts, one normal and one "chilly" Cheesy

Since I've already done some of the groundwork by making the default sizes for the SNP2, this is quite do-able if there's a demand for it.  Later of course, but do-able.

Nekota

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 02:29:05 am »

That is good news, Warlokk.  And I agree, . . . something for later.  Don't overwork yourself.  You've got plenty on your plate as it is.

I do like your thinking . . . chilly, eh?  (ha, ha, ha) :thumbrig:
janjanko

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 04:32:54 am »

I don't want my sims to be of the same size. That will look odd. I suggest that you keep 34b as default. It looks better this way.

Protect my palace from danger. Allies and friends, I need help from your meshes...

I will never surrender
:animal:
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 05:46:38 am »

What I'm really, really interested is to replace the meshes used by elders for adult meshes.
I succeeded to replace the female elder mesh but she uses the adult mesh in bed and the elder mesh in the shower.
I don't care at all for realism (that's why I'm playing a game) and I want at least in phantasies that elders keep fit to death. It is enough myself shaped like a square cake baked in a round form.
Anything to be done?
Thanks.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 08:00:42 am »

Actually Janjanko is working on that very thing... take a look here:  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=12046

MissPuff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 02:26:50 am »

I know you said that you've decided to scrap this idea, but I noticed that you didn't offer the 34B Natural as an option, which wouldn't create any of the problems that are mentioned here. It wouldn't get rid of the size B body type because it will still be size B, and it would still work well with all of the default maxis meshes because it would just look like they put on a bra. It seems like it would be fairly simple to create a high res option for either an enhanced(current option) or natural B replacement in this case. I've tried to look for a tutorial on how to replace default meshes so I could just do this myself, but I can't seem to find anything. Sad
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »

Since I've already stated I'm not making any of the sizes default replacements, I'm closing this thread.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: