Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:27:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Discoveries  (Read 15663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 10:22:19 pm »

How about double clicking on the hood and also on the lots will automatically load the lot without bring up the load/cancel dialog.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:16:08 pm by Skaarjy » Logged
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 08:46:25 am »

I didn't know that! I'll try it when I load the game today!
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 10:19:29 pm »

I'm probably the last person to learn this, but using moveObjects!

The first six are samples of my pre-moveObjects snapshots and the last five are post-moveObjects. I'm not sure y'all can tell the difference, but for me it's hours worth. Needless to say, I'm still experimenting and learning to fully utilize it. The last ones are suppose to be like preview or commercial pics like the ones from the neighborhood stories... you know, like: Are there really mysterious circumstances regarding Christie's accident that Bob Homeless is hiding? And how is the mafia involved? (second to last picture)

Anyway, moveObjects is definitely a new discovery to me!

* butterfly 2.jpg (38.45 KB, 400x300 - viewed 264 times.)

* The original fraternity guys.jpg (37.94 KB, 400x300 - viewed 272 times.)

* old man losing it.jpg (28.62 KB, 400x300 - viewed 256 times.)

* look of shame.jpg (21.28 KB, 400x300 - viewed 263 times.)

* I think he really hates Cassandra.jpg (18.47 KB, 400x300 - viewed 264 times.)

* why is he angry.jpg (26.95 KB, 400x300 - viewed 267 times.)

* Daniel has no shame.jpg (26.14 KB, 400x300 - viewed 267 times.)

* regret.jpg (16.37 KB, 400x300 - viewed 267 times.)

* the choice.jpg (19.33 KB, 400x300 - viewed 179 times.)

* the devils deal.jpg (19.36 KB, 400x300 - viewed 266 times.)

* unfit fathers guilt.jpg (19.13 KB, 400x300 - viewed 266 times.)

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 07:46:34 pm »

Hmm, made a discovery, when you send a light sim and a dark sim to have a child in CAS the default could be inbetween, such as tan or medium.

Science makes everything sound painful.
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:35 pm »

^yeah I've noticed that too. But whenever I have a mixed race couple have a baby in game they always turn out white unless I roll the dice about ten times before the pregnant sim gives birth.

When the world doesn't adapt to you. you adapt to it.
Gill Grissom- Little Murder
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 03:03:19 pm »

I've been playing for about a month (base game) and I made a major discovery-how to order groceries! OMG, I didn't notice the ordering thingie had a moveable bar! Ok, blame my age! I nearly let my poor simmies starve to death!
Hey, it's the little things that keep one learning.
I just didn't notice the bar that closely.

Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

^Don't worry it took me ages to figure that too. I used to just buy a new fridge everytime the food ran out which used quite a bit of money since I didn't you could cheat back then. lol!.

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 06:28:11 pm »

Don't worry about learning things in the game too late. I just learned how to use bodyshop and I have been playing the game since 2004.
I just found out that in genetics, the 3rd or 4th generations can inherit genetic markers from the 1st generation. For example, sim A has blue eyes, gives birth to sim B who inherits the father's eyes which are brown, so does every sim child in the 2nd generation. Sim A grandchildren inherits the blue eyes. I was amazed when I saw that last night.  I have reinstalled this game 4 times and it was hard to see some of my sims pass the 3rd generation. LOL!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 04:40:02 pm »

Quote from: Pandora Moon;887730
^yeah I've noticed that too. But whenever I have a mixed race couple have a baby in game they always turn out white unless I roll the dice about ten times before the pregnant sim gives birth.

That is until now. have a look at the pics in this post and you'll see what I mean http://www.insimenator.org/showpost.php?p=927717&postcount=279

I did discover something today. I had a sim make Crepe sultarnes (sp?) and you know how when they are cooked a sim will set fire to them?. Well that backfired as when my sim was lighting it she knocked the plate to the floor and managed to set herself on fire!. She is pretty sloppy and she is pregnant if that will help explain why that happened.

I do have a pic but it isn't on the computer I'm using so I'll put it up tomorrow.

* snapshot_33e74b0b_9402c63b.jpg (10.48 KB, 400x300 - viewed 260 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:21:11 pm by Pandora Moon » Logged

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 07:45:18 pm »

The other day one of my sims had triplets. She is black, the husband is white, and the babies came out in three colors-white, medium tan, and black! Now that is an integrated household! The babies all have blue eyes, too..the husbands little dna contribution.

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 02:39:11 am »

Well the new things i've discovered like some u all have mentioned....i guess i didn't see them b 4 was cuz my computer i had wasn't that good to let me see them and i got a good video card now too...i've had the game since it first came out and couldn't play it for months cuz my computer couldn't handle it and when i got another computer and could play i was thrilled...but now i just got my current computer in June and it is like a new game to me with things i'm seeing for the 1st. time...so seeing the movie thing someone mentioned was a first... and i never knew that some of the outfits had jewelry with them...i thought it was just a distortion of the outfit...which turns out was really not a good video card...and the other day i decided to play pleasantville and i thought it was so cool to see the rainbow...i never saw the birds flying around in neighborhood view...i never knew the hair actually moves...it's amazing how much there is with a better video card...
something i found cute with BV...and of course i am constantly maxing motives on my lot...but my dog spends all his time on the beach lot i have watching the waves...Do remember with sims 1 and unleashed...the cat would jump up at the bird cage and scare the bird...i was surprised to see in sims 2 that they didn't do that anymore...i find it funny that my sims look up at me sometimes and like someone mentioned about the sim giving the thumbs up...also i have had them do a pull their arms down gesture and said yeah when they liked that i told them to kiss someone....well i blabbed enough for now...

BEV
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 08:03:13 am »

Yeah, that Tim LeTourneau was because he was missed out on the credits of The Sims 2 Pets, so to make it up to him, the sims shout Timla Turno while playing Marco Polo. Smiley

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 12:43:00 am »

well i am finding new things again....i never knew u could just click on the mailbox after u get the mail and a menu comes up saying pay all the bills...i use to get so aggravated that when it snowed i couldn't find the mail....cuz sometimes they would get the mail themselves and just leave it on the ground somewhere and i didn't even know they did it until i got the warning of bills not paid and repo man came....on old computer i couldn't use the x-ray snow thing to find mail and homework use to go to buy mode and find the stuff and then go back to get to them....like someone mentioned it is kind of neat finding these things out or seeing them for the 1st. time when u have better video card....

BEV
Pandora Moon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 03:40:07 pm »

This isn't recent but I discovered that when a sim is meditating and when it makes them float that if you click on the floor you can make that sim teleport there. it's pretty cool!.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:24 am »

I've never had a sim meditate long enough for them to float. I'll have to try that some time, enough sims with max body skill Cheesy

No requests please
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: