Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:08:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Discoveries  (Read 16113 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Bejeweled~

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:43:09 am »

post your different discoveries about the game here,i discovered that preagnant women don't have baby fat when they give birth,at least they should still have a little bit of wight added,but they go right back to their girlish figures!!!

Today is the tommorow you worried about yesterday
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 12:25:11 pm »

I discovered the room wall tool in build mode is the same as holding down shift with the regular wall tool. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:53:30 pm by Triple_sSs » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 01:44:44 pm »

Not very recent, but when I first got my laptop almost a year ago and installed Sims 2 on it, I discovered their eyes were supposed to move... :shock:

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:14:58 pm »

Lol Tenshii, I just recently found that out when I took a pic of my sim Sabina! I was always wondering how other people got their sims to move their eyes!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 09:50:27 pm »

:laugh:  Isn't it just mesmerizing when you see it the first couple of times?  I couldn't stop bringing up my pie menus just to see them look around!

One more thing I just discovered:  toddlers actually do have a standing idle loop other than when learning how to walk.  I accidentally stumbled on this when I canceled an animation and used the InSIMenator's teleport function... my toddler remained standing and looking around with nothing in her que.  I wonder why EA didn't allow toddlers to keep standing up after learning how to walk.  That has always annoyed me!  :angry7:

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 09:26:40 am »

Well that's just because EA is stoopid. There's a lot they could have done to make the game cuter or more fun.
rome_raven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:25:14 pm »

I discovered that now that I have seasons, sims get hot wayyyy too easily.  Damien (one of my all time favorite sims), got fat so I had him exercise.  Within 20 minutes game time, he was already overheated.  What's up with that?  Good thing I put in a bathroom right beside the treadmill.  He's constantly stopping to get a drink of water and have a shower.

Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17:59 am »

I don't know if this was a glitch or a discovery...it was the first and only time I saw it though...
The daddy my one household came home from work one day, got out of his car and a basket of groceries appeared in his hands...which he then stocked the empty fridge with!  I didn't even do ANYTHING! So he probably went shopping before he came home...Smiley It was so cute!
mintcookies123

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 08:24:51 am »

I discovered while played Marco Polo that sims can either plunge or do a cannonball into the pool without a pool ladder, diving board, or slide! I was shocked when I saw that.
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 09:02:50 am »

i discovered you vertuially kill any age in the game. but it takes a lot of time and effort.

and i dont care to try pets.

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 11:51:09 am »

hmmm something i found out recently about sims....there not as stupid as i though i was playing the aslyum chalange and the only sim who seemed to have a problem when i wasn't paying attention to them was my contorable sim XDDDDD

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 12:38:11 pm »

Lol! CobainFan, from what I understand, pets can only die from old age. I saw a demo about it from a gaming site who was reviewing seasons. So if your family dies in a housefire (intentional or not) the pets don't die. And I discovered that it's incredibly hard to kill toddlers. There was an "accidental" house fire and I was trying to summon a sim that I didn't like anymore, and I accidently summoned one of Brani Broke's toddlers (the mouse went haywire because the battery was almost dead). He was stuck in the fire and I couldn't remember his name and people kept trying to run to save him, but they kept catching fire, and the toddler was screaming, and the fire dept didn't come Sad
ryukofaeris_of_

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 09:31:16 pm »

o.O You mean it's actually -possible- to kill toddlers and babies? I once gave the Broke family two sets of quad babies and a toddler, then removed all the exits and the phone and set the place on fire. Most of the babies and the toddler sat in a fire for more than half a day game time and did little more than cry.

My own discovery was a while back, though I thought it hilarious at the time. I don't know what the thresholds are for bathroom privacy with sims, but apparently two of them were either close enough or outgoing enough to not mind being in the bathroom at the same time. One was taking a shower when the other came in to take a dump. All was well and fine until the one using the toilet got up and flushed. The sim in the shower let out a cry of indignation then jumped out and scolded the other, who ignored him and left. The remaining sim attempted to resume his shower, but couldn't because it had broken. XD

I know there's a lot that could have been done to make TS2 more realistic, but stuff like that makes me appreciate the effort that went into the little things for this game.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »

Ryukofaeris, I haven't checked back at Brandi Broke's place, but I'm pretty sure the toddler died. When the flames cleared, he wasn't there anymore. I don't remember if there was a tombstone, though. I remember in TS1, the sims used to sing in the shower. It always made me laugh to hear that! My thinking behind the shower-toilet flush situation is that the shower water gets cold and it makes the showering sim angry. Happens a lot to my sims.
ryukofaeris_of_

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:05 pm »

Bah, I guess I'll have to try harder then.
The shower-toilet flush thing has only ever happened once in my game.
I wish that they'd sing in the shower in TS2! Although I might get sick of it after awhile.
I do have to say that, though I'd seen people talk about it all the time, the male children's peeing song caught me by surprise when I first heard it. Then I went back to the same bathroom the kid was using and saw this. XD
Musical toilets, anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: