Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:10:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen while building and decorating  (Read 1896 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carida

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2007, 12:18:02 am »

Greetings,

And yup, that's basically what's going on every time I try to build a building or decorate on an already exsisting lot. After a certain amount of time my game goes blue screen and crashes. I was trying to make a school and hospital for a story of mine and boom, crashed. Its getting to the point that I don't even want to bother trying to decorate at all.

*sighs*

Anyone know what might be the issue? I searched through the forum and I wasn't able to find something that related to my issue. So if there is something already answered relating to this, I apologize for posting it yet again.

Any help would be most appreciated, my thanks.

-C Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:59:45 am »

Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:04:13 am »

Yes, everything is fully updated.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:08:40 am »

Then it's likely your problem is related to your memory. How much ram do you have? It may not be enough.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 01:10:36 am »

It usually happens after about 5 to 10 minuets of decorating, I save in between because I know about its habit of crashing, sometimes its easier if I go to live mode and just play for a while and then come back and decorate a little bit more, then play then.. etc. But if I keep that up, it eventually crashes anyway.
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 01:12:38 am »

Ok I went to look, took me a moment to find where that information is and I've .99 GB of Ram

And I always shut down all background running programs like it recommends on the back of the game.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 12:15:06 pm »

Carida, do you have an Nvidia graphic card? If so there is a new beta driver out that may help. See this thread here . It lists which cards this may help. The final version is to be released this week if you want to wait for that. I had this problem for so long and thought I fixed it but my crashing began again. Sad It hasn't happened since I installed this. (I hope I haven't spoken too soon about my card.) *worried look*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: