Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 01:29:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking at new computers, can someone help me decide?  (Read 1411 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:47:28 am »

Hiya,
Id like to buy a new computer for the simple purpose that I want my sims games (plus all ep's and future ep's) to run really well. Because basically the way my computer is at the moment, there is no way I'll fit another EP on here.

Anyways I have a small list of gaming PC's that I am looking at and was wondering if any of you computer buffs would be able to take a look for me and tell me what you think.

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktops_best?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Basically I havent sat down to figure out finances yet, but my fiancee has applied for a really good job so I wont be ruling out the more expensive end of the price range just yet, however, if one of the cheaper ones will make my game kick butt without blowing a hole in my pocket than thats fantastic.

I would just like to know peoples opinions on which computer would be able to take all my sims games, plus any future EP's, tonnes of downloaded CC, plus my personal stuff (programs like photoshop, PSP, photo's, music etc)
I am big on the contests so the nice graphics card is a must.

Thanks so much guys.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
Nokomys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:15:57 pm »

Is there a Computer Renasance (sp) store near you? If so ask them if they do the custom built gaming computers? The one here does and I got a kick-butt system for $399.00! And, yes- it's all new- not used or refurbed.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:44:30 pm »

Im in Australia, I have never heard of a Computer Ranasance store. But thats an awesome price.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
jlw484

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:40:48 pm »

I've got a Dell XPS 700 and I run all ep's and I've got 6 GB of CC in the download folder.  Load screens can take a little bit because of the CC but the gameplay is smooth.  If it's not out of your price range it's definately a good computer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: