Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:53:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Shop problem  (Read 3593 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lvrogue13

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2007, 06:10:01 pm »

Is it possible to reinstall Body Shop without having to reinstall the whole game? I don't know why, but Body Shop will not load on my computer. Its 'non responsive' Sad
Thanks in advance!
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 07:08:38 pm »

Did you uninstall a game recently?Because if you did uninstall then reinstall that will not work.You will have to uninstall All your games then reinstall All your games again.Reason,If you uninstall one game and tried reinstalling your games your base game and any othe eps will not recognize your uninstalled reinstalled game.Start from scratch.I am speaking from recent experience.Back up your Downloads folder before doing this.Your game will run better i promise.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
lvrogue13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:07:52 pm »

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your help Smiley
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 11:26:53 am »

^^Can you let me know if this works? I've been having the same trouble. Thank you for posting this question.

lvrogue13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 04:21:59 pm »

Thanks Dreamcatchermwh! My game looks and runs alot better now after reinstalling it all from scratch!
And, I tried BodyShop before I put all my downloads back in, and it worked fine. Then, after putting my dl's back in, it was non responsive again.
So, SolidGoldFunk, it looks to me like it has to do with the custom content. Now, when I want to use BodyShop, I just pull out my Downloads folder and it works fine.
Hope that makes sense!
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 04:37:35 pm »

Thanks Lvrogue:)

SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 04:42:31 pm »

Mine still doesn't work. It showed up recently. It could just be my computer Sad

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 04:44:48 pm »

Have you tried taking out both Downloads and SavedSims?
Have you tried renaming the cache and package files from My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2?  (Just that directory, not anything below it.  Add the suffix .oops so you can put 'em back if that's not the problem.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 05:03:23 am by miros1 » Logged

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 04:29:27 am »

It is funny you mention it. I am having the same problem. I cannot open my Bodyshop even though I have taken out my Downloads and SavedSims folder. I really do not want an uninstall-reinstall as I have all EPs and a very slow computer. Is it just my computer or Downloads folder or my game breaking itself?

Help appriciated! Smiley

-Gemma-
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 05:01:06 am »

SimulatedDork, have you tried renaming the cache and package files from My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2?

Well, if BodyShop won't run with Downloads and SavedSims removed, guess what.  It's your game, and you've really gotta reinstall.  

1) Open up My Documents\EA Games.  Rename your The Sims 2 folder to something like "The Sims 2 -- hidden."  Try the game at this point.  If it works, it's the cache and package files!  Go to step 5, then delete the cache and package files as described two posts ago.  If it doesn work, go to step 2.
2) Try reinstalling just the most recent EP or SP.
3) Make sure you're running the Bodyshop associated with the most recent EP.
4) Try the game, but don't bother saving.  Try BodyShop, including an export and import.  If it doesn't work, post here again.  If it does work, go to step 5.
5) Open up My Documents\EA Games.  Delete your The Sims 2 folder (the one created by the freshly reinstalled game).  Rename the "-- hidden" folder back to The Sims 2.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 05:03:08 am by miros1 » Logged

Rose/Miros
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 01:07:49 pm »

What am I supposed to do about my lost cdkey? I can't uninstall nightlife because I don't have the cdkey anymore. Am I just stuck?

SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 07:39:39 am »

Okay, well here's my (new) problem. I have only used Bodyshop about once in my life - for thrills. You know, newbie and stuff. The only reason I need it now is because I have just installed Seasons and my CC is not showing up. So is there another way (aside the bodyshop trick) to generate a new downloads folder?
TIA Smiley

-Gemma-
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:42 am »

Quote from: SolidGoldFunk;838138
What am I supposed to do about my lost cdkey? I can't uninstall nightlife because I don't have the cdkey anymore. Am I just stuck?

Try these before you unistall NL.
1) If you registered on the Maxis site, you should be able to get it from there again.  
2) There are key retrieval programs.  I used to use the one from KillerSims, but they aren't there anymore.

Quote from: SimulatedDork;839189
Okay, well here's my (new) problem. I have only used Bodyshop about once in my life - for thrills. You know, newbie and stuff. The only reason I need it now is because I have just installed Seasons and my CC is not showing up. So is there another way (aside the bodyshop trick) to generate a new downloads folder?
TIA Smiley

Yes, Start->Run, type My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2, click OK.  Right click in a blank area of the folder, pick "New Folder."  Rename the resulting folder "Downloads" with a capital D.

I can tell you right now, that's not the problem with your CC.  That folder should still be there; Maxis simply reconfigured your game not to use it when you installed Seasons.

To turn your CC back on: 1) Run the game.  2) After it loads, click the ellipsis button (...), then the gear icon.  3) I forget the exact text, but it's something like "Show custom content dialog when game starts."  Click it. 4) Quit the game. 5) Run the game. 6) You'll see a big dialog asking if you want to use your custom content.  Click "Enable," then whatever you need to get rid of the dialog.  7) Quit the game. Cool Run the game.  Presto, custom content.

Yes, you need all those Quit the game/Run the game steps.  Don't skip them or you'll screw up your houses.

Rose/Miros
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 01:40:41 pm »

You know my bodyshop decided to open today... but thanks for the help.Smiley

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:15:28 pm »

Great!  Something must have overwritten the corrupt file and fixed the problem.

Rose/Miros
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: