Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:58:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pale Yellow Onesie for Infants (Default Texture Replacement) and a Linked Tutorial!  (Read 8847 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2007, 06:33:21 pm »

(I guess this is the right place to put this, since this works with both baby boys and girls... If not, I'll know pretty soon!  :lol:)

Well, I finally figured out how to do a basic recolor and alpha edit of the infant "diaper" meshes.  :smile bi: My little recolor is nothing special... a simple, pale yellow longsleeved onesie tee... it's definitely not my best work, but I will be working on some better recolors sometime soon.  Let's just say this one's a template for all of you who want to try to make your own baby clothes.  Wink  I've even typed out a little tutorial for those who've always wondered how some people make their own!  (... what can I say?  I was really bored today.  :oops: )  

Included in the ".rar" file is the actual override recolor file, which will work on any infant override mesh... but my suggested mesh for the recolor I made is Sknydpr's Diaperless babies  (disable the file "sknydpr-naked-babies-txtrs.package" that comes with the download in order for my recolor to work properly).

The only drawbacks:  As a rule with all default overriding files, you must have only one mesh and one recolor enabled at a time in order for the files to work right.  Also, this is mentioned in the tutorial, but if you plan on making a very detailed design, you may not get the results you want... the textures always come out fuzzy for some reason. (even with using the Build DXT option for importing images... :dontknow:)  If anyone can find a way around this issue, feel free to post the method somewhere in this thread!

Special thanks goes to the person who created this default eye replacement tutorial.  (Kamaba, I believe... it's the name that's in the link, so I guess that's it... )  I wouldn't have known what to mess around with had I not found this link!  :notworth:

Feel free to do as you please with this... and I'm sure you guys know what I'm going to say:  Keep it share friendly.  *Not to be used for Paysite "purposes".* :roll:

Hope you all enjoy this!  :angel:

ETA:  The tutorial I've made is now updated and can be found in the Tutorials Forum once again.  Better pictures, and an even better base and alpha map are also included in the link.  Wink

* (~TA12~)-Diaper_Override_Recolor.rar (36.53 KB - downloaded 495 times.)

* snapshot_13ad558a_13ade682.jpg (64 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1129 times.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:32:20 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:43:36 pm »

Excellent work! I was so sick and tired of diapers. Thank you very much!

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »

Very cute... You could put the tutorial in the tutorials section so more people may see it.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:45:03 pm »

Nice Job

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »

Thanks for the tip, kathy!  I'll get right on it.  Wink

jaykay13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 05:13:35 pm »

Thank you very much, I will certainly be able to have a go at making my own now, much appreciated!
rebecah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 08:45:23 pm »

Thanks you for taking the time to write the tutorial.  You did a great job and it easily understood.

For the best finds on the internet be sure to check this site for their daily listings. 

Click here
Sweetdey26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:13:13 am »

Great job Tenshi!

Judging on InSIMenator.net and loving every minute!:hammer:
Found Love...Blessed in every way...
Friends, Fun, & Sims SimsSkirts Family
Real Friends, Real Fun, Real Sims 2
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:47 am »

Thank you very much!  I've wanted to make some baby clothes!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: