Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:06:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BodyShop Nose Issue  (Read 3071 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:18:14 am »

Moderators, if this is in the wrong place please feel free to relocate this thread. If it's already been covered, please let me know where.

Does anyone know how to work well enough with the BodyShop to make it so that there's not some grotesque dimple directly above the bridge of the nose just below the middle of the eye brows? I've been tinkering with it for the past couple of hours and I can't get rid of it. Or at least I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I attached a picture of what I am talking about. The yellow circle is there to highlight the problem and make it more visible.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:09:14 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:04:46 pm »

Ew, that's really ugly.  I've never seen that before.  Have you tried moving the nose out a bit?  I never have a problem with my nose going too far in, just out. xD!!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 08:27:37 pm »

I've had wrinkles under the eyes that I couldn't get rid of...

I was thinking move the eyebrow ridge way out then pull it back in.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 05:47:54 am »

Quote from: Nita-Chan;841715
Ew, that's really ugly.  

Yes. Yes it is.

Quote from: Nita-Chan;841715
I've never seen that before.  Have you tried moving the nose out a bit?  

Yes, and it didn't work.

Quote from: miros1;841734
I was thinking move the eyebrow ridge way out then pull it back in.

I tried that as well and it didn't fix the problem. I've tried tinkering with everything in the "brow" section and the "nose" section and it didn't want to go away.

Thank you though, Nita-Chan and miros1. And thank you for posting.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:23:46 am »

Does it look like that just in Bodyshop or in game as well? I find there are a lot of subtle differences between the two, and when I make a sim in BS I have to test it out in game to see if I like it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 09:06:27 am »

I have no idea what it looks like in-game. Though I can almost be certain that it would be the same since there are no differences between bodyshop and actual game play on my end. I've had some Sims with odd features, both intentional and unintentional, and it never changes for in-game play for me.
BiscuitTheGreat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:42 pm »

It happens to me too but under the bottom lip instead...
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »

Yeah, I have a bunch of Sims that look like they've got cold sores, but it's actually a bump in the derived facial mesh.

Rose/Miros
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 08:24:01 pm »

Is there any way to actually "save" a face through BodyShop or in the game? So that way I don't have to keep using whatever puffer fish faced Sim the thing gives me... It'd be nice to have a face of my own to work with while I am in-game so I don't have to work with cartoon faces. The only reason I use BodyShop is so I can have faces that aren't deformed or bloated in an unhealthy way. That and so I can also have proper Asian shaped eyes. BodyShop is the only way to get that accomplished. They really shouldn't have left out all the features that BodyShop does from the game.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 11:45:57 am »

I think you want replacement facial templates.  There are several sets around, try MTS2.  I'm using Nailati's partial set from MATY.  

I also have a link to a tutorial on making your own templates.

Rose/Miros
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 07:45:50 pm »

miros1, I am an not exactly a dullard, but the methods I read at MATY while they aren't difficult to read, left me less than enthusiastic when it came to the mind-numbing number of steps.  The very limited number of available face template replacements bears testimony to the fact it isn't easy or much fun to make them.

One of the more important things to remember is that any mesh passing through MeshTool runs the risk of having its normals altered if a person isn't especially cautious and this leads to some spectacular horrors in the region of the face.  Sims' face template meshes are ... intricate and delicate things. None of our current tools properly reads the morphing data contained in the face template meshes, so it is rather more than a little amazing there have been any successes.

I have myself noticed that using default face template replacements is generally a dissatisfactory experience; there is almost an inbred homogeneity to them when an whole series is by one artist and suffer whatever defects or benefits of the tastes and skills of the artist.  My own efforts yielded limited success, but had numerous visual incongruities not unlike the one that is driving RitoruBushi ever so slightly mad.

What I would love to see is a group of skilled Sim-makers each undertake the work of making one face template (all its comprising ages and genders) each.  Not trying to be faithful in anyway to the Maxis face they are replacing, but create their own canvas; this to me presents the best means to avoiding the "Innsmouth Look" of Maxis and the "inbred look" of all being crafted by a single hand.

An added benefit of this would be that the necessary dialogue to achieve this sort of group effort would lead to some serious expansion on the rather terse information available on the matter.  The damning flaw of the forum format is the habitual brevity of the informative posts that we find on any topic; a brevity that invariable leads to the tedious necessity of reading whole threads and related threads (usually on a number of other forums), I cannot even express how tedious and disenheartening this is to a non-English speaker.  I, myself, albeit fairly handy with English, have been reduced to closing the browser in frustration and an explosing of curses empurpling the air around me; I can well imagine how much more frustrating it must be for others who are less handy with this idiomatic, crazy language.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 09:02:26 pm »

At any rate, here's a link to a post with links to several sets of templates: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106081

As I said, I'm using Nailati's from MATY.  My Sims are not ugly anymore, so I figure this is a success.

Rose/Miros
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: