Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:29:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Best friends - *Chapter 10 - August 10th*  (Read 14523 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
savemykissesx

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2007, 06:51:10 pm »

This is the first story I have ever made, so any constructive criticism would be very much appreciated, don’t bash me or anything, but let me know your comments and thoughts on the story. I have tried writing stories in the past (not for the Sims, but in general) and my problem is always how to get to the ending I want and always changing my mind about things. Sorry if it bores you, etc. Let me know if you’re out there and reading it, too.. please. =]

There may be some
[adult subjects, violence, cursing etc] in this story, later down in the line, so you're warned.

Chapter 1 - Slumber Party

Sofie had been waiting anxiously at the front door for her best friend Stacey, she couldn’t help but get excited when she hadn’t seen her best friend in a week. Sure, maybe they talked on the phone every night, but she could still be excited, couldn’t she?! Stacey walked up to the door, and before she could even ring the bell Sofie was outside to greet her.

“Hi, Stace!” Sofie said as she gave her best friend a huge hug.
      “Sofie!!” she said as she hugged her friend back, “It feels like I haven’t seen you in absolutely forever!”
        “I know! Oh gosh, I missed you so much. And so did Jake!”
       “Aww! I missed both of you guys so much TOO!”
They stood outside chatting for a little bit before going inside to meet with Jake.

After about ten minutes, Sofie led Stacey into the house. Jake smiled as he seen his friends walk into the room, and greeted Stacey excitedly. Jake, Sofie and Stacey have been best friends since freshmen year in highschool.
   Jake and Sofie decided to move in together two years ago when Sofie’s mother had died in a horrible accident. Her life insurance gave them enough money to buy a house, and since her father was extremely abusive, she wanted to get away from him as quick as possible. Since Jake and Sofie moved in together they had become a lot closer. Nothing had ever progressed further than best friends because Jake wasn’t interested in girls. Not because he was too into his job, or too into school, it was because he liked guys. Oh my!
   “Hey Jake,” Stacey said giving him a hug, “You are looking quite snazzy, you heading out?”
   “No girl, I’m all snazzy for you, of course!” Jake chuckled a bit, “was that a disappointed tone I heard in your voice?”
   “Yes, of course it was, I wouldn’t want you to run away when I just got here. I missed you both, a lot!”  

Sofie smiled while her friends talked, joining in occasionally.
   “Maybe we should order some pizza and make it a TRUE get together!” Sofie exclaimed.
   Both Jake and Stacey had smiled and nodded in agreement to the idea.
“What kind of pizza should we get?” Sofie asked.
“Well, Stacey is a vegetarian, so maybe we should just get plain old cheese,” Jake said with a disgusted face.
“Okay, cheese it is,” Sofie said.
“Thanks guys,” smiled Stacey.
 Sofie then walked into the kitchen to order the pizza.
   “It should be here in about 20 minutes,” she said in a very happy tone.
Nothing could seem to get any better while she was sitting there with her two best friends. What more could she ask for?

They heard the doorbell ring, and knew it was the pizza delivery man. Jake got up excitedly to answer the door because he was starving as usual, and he loves to check the guys out.
“Boys,” scoffed Stacey and Sofie.
The girls sat at the kitchen island, waiting for the pizza. Jake seemed to be taking quite a while, they were starting to wonder what was up after ten minutes.
Jake then ran in with the pizza and had a huge smile on his face.
“What took you so long, Jake? Gosh!” Sofie said.
Stacey giggled, knowing what kind of smile he had on his face, “does Jake have a date?”
Jake nodded, “Oh yeah and man was this guy hott!!”
Both girls looked at each other and laughed, “Oh wow, Jake.”
“What? Can’t a guy just get another mans number and not have his friends poking at him about it?”
They shook their heads with a smile on their face, “Yes, Jake.” They said in unison as they all dug into the pizza.
They sat there enjoying their pizza and chit chatting as if they hadn’t seen each other in years.

“So..” Stacey said and paused a little bit.
   “So..?” both Jake and Sofie looked at Stacey awkwardly.
   “I don’t know if this is the exact right time to let you know this.”
   “To let us know what, Stace?” Sofie said, skeptically.
   “I just don’t know if right now, while eating pizza, it’s the best time to tell you my big news.”
   “Oh GOD! You’re not pregnant, are you?!” Jake threw in.
   “No, no, silly..” laughed Stacey.
“Well? Oh come on, just tell us!”
“Yeah, come on, Stace just tell us already!”
Stacey smiled big, “Andrew asked me to marry him last night!!”
   “Oh my GOD!” They all jumped up and hugged her.
“Wow, it’s about time.. it’s only been about 3 years of you guys being incredibly serious,” said Sofie.
   “Yeah, I know, you’re telling me, I had been waiting for this moment, forever it seems!”
   Jake ran to get the champagne, “I knew we would be opening this up tonight!”
   Sofie smiled, “Yes, lets celebrate!!”
   They all grabbed a glass of champagne and started to celebrate, happily.
“We’re so happy for you, Stace!”

“Are you spending the night, Stacey? Please do!” Sofie asked.
   Stacey didn’t even have to think about it, “Yes yes! Of course I will!”
They all went and got their pajamas on, they couldn’t wait to start their amazing slumber party, they always had so much fun. They all met back up in the living room with some popcorn, glancing at the movies.

Stacey had told Andrew that she might not be coming home tonight, but she still wanted to give him a call. Looking at the clock, she realized it was 10pm, and knew that it was getting late, and that Andrew was probably already going crazy worrying about her, she decided she needed to give him a call.
   “Hey guys,” said Stacey, “I’ll be right back, I need to let Andrew know about my plans for the night.” She smiled as she walked into the kitchen to use that phone, and dialed her house number.
   Andrew picked up after three rings, “Hello?”
   When he heard it was Stacey, he lit right up, “Hey babe!”

“Hi, hunny,” she smiled, “what are you up to?”
   “Oh nothing, just chilling with Clayton, we’re having a few drinks.” He said.
   “Cool, I’m glad! Tell him I say hi.. Babe, listen, I’m planning on spending the night over here with my buds, is that okay?”
   “Oh.. okay,” he said sounding disappointed.
   “Don’t have too much fun with Clay, I love you, sweetheart.”
   “I love you, too.”

Stacey hung up the phone and stood there for a few minutes. She could not help but think about the life she had to lead with this perfect man, she kept going back in her head about how she needs to find Sofie a good man, she was sick of watching her best friend pretend that she was happy all the time. It’s not like she had to worry about finding Jake a man, he was just boy crazy and didn’t want to settle down just yet.
    “Hm,” She said outloud, as she walked into the living room. A huge smile appeared on her face as she spotted Jake and Sofie having a pillow fight. No matter how old they were, things never seemed to change.

Once the craziness of the pillow fight died down, Stacey had offered the idea of watching a movie. Jake started singing, “Grease lightning” in a very loud tone, he even threw in a few dance moves.
   Sofie and Stacey slowly glanced at each other and giggled. Who were they kidding, they knew that was coming. Jake was obsessed with that movie, even in high school, it was almost as if things hadn’t changed at all between any of them.  

Sofie went to the movie display case and searched for “Grease.”  While she was doing that, Jake got up and stole the comfortable seat that Sofie was sitting in. When Sofie had turned around with the movie she sighed and rolled her eyes, “we should’ve just bought two of those,” she smiled as she put the movie into the dvd player. She then took the seat next to Stacey, happy to be closer to her anyways.
   Jake was mesmerized by the movie, so Stacey took this as a signal to start girl talk. She whispered over to Sofie, “Psst.. Sofe,” when she noticed she got her attention, she continued to whisper, “guess who is at my house with Andrew right now?” As she had finished that one little sentence, she could see Sofie’s face turn red.
   Sofie could feel that her face was turning red and she giggled a little bit, “..uh, let me guess.. Clayton?”
   “Yes ma’am,” said Stacey.
At the murmur of Clayton’s name, Jake snapped his head over to the girls. “Clayton? Did I just hear the name Clayton? Ooo! He is HOTT!” Jake then turned back to the movie, “Lets pay attention to the hotty with a body, that’s right! John Travolta!” The girls both laughed at Jake and then turned back to the movie.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:57:42 pm by savemykissesx » Logged

My stories::tongue8:

And then, there you were.. = In progress..

The Bartlett Legacy = In progress..
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:55:47 pm »

Please leave some comments with feedback or praises, please please =)

Lets get pretty

Sofie rolled over in her bed, slowly reaching over for the alarm clock that was going off, ‘why do I always forget to shut this thing off?’ she said to herself as she looked over to it, ‘oh snap!’ she said surprised that it was 11am. She was never the kind of girl to sleep in, but she shrugged it off knowing it was because of the amazing night she had with her best friends. Speaking of, she realized that Stacey was in the extra bed in her room, normally Cleo, her cat would sleep on that bed, but when Sofie offered Stacey to sleep there, she didn’t seem to mind, either did Cleo. Sofie slowly glanced at the extra bed to see that Stacey was still sound asleep, not wanting to wake her up, she slowly stood up and stretched and quietly went downstairs to start some breakfast.

Stacey had heard someone quietly shut the door, and knew that it must’ve been Sofie trying to be quiet so she wouldn’t wake her up, ‘how did I end up with such caring friends?’ she smiled to herself as she rolled over. She was an incredibly light sleeper, and just with the sound of the door shutting, she was up. She decided to lie in bed for a few minutes before getting up completely. Thoughts appeared in her head about the night before; she couldn’t believe they hadn’t had a slumber party in over a month, man how life goes by.
   When she finally looked at the clock, it was about 11:30am, she knew she should go see what was going on downstairs, so she got up and made the bed. She looked over to Sofie’s bed and noticed that she hadn’t made her bed yet, so she decided to be nice enough to do it for her. As she finished that up, she wondered if she should change out of her pajamas, but decided against it, since she was more than comfortable at her best friends’ house.

As she slowly made her way downstairs, she could hear noise going on in the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes as she followed the noise. She spotted Sofie at the stove making some breakfast. “Morning, Sofe,” she said.
   Sofie wasn’t paying too much attention to what was going on around her, she was zoned out as usual. She liked to goof off and dance while cooking, or doing anything really, that’s just how she was. So of course, hearing someone say something from behind her shocked her and made her jump a little.
   “Oh my gosh!” she giggled a little bit, “Hi, Stace. You scared me!”
   “Sorry,” Stacey laughed, “what are you making?”
   “Some pancakes!” she smiled, “I made plenty.”
   “Do you need some help?”
   “No, I’m all set, just sit your little fanny down, they’ll be ready in about 5 minutes.” Sofie said smiling.

Stacey took a seat at the table as they continued to talk.
   Sofie had finished making the pancakes, and sat down at the kitchen table to enjoy them with Stacey. She was glad it was a Saturday and she didn’t have to work, she liked a day off every once in a while, especially when she worked as a Convience Store Clerk, thankfully the pay of $210 a day was sufficient for her way of living these days.
   “So, how did you sleep?” Sofie decided to change the subject off of work.
   “It was alright, that bed is pretty comfortable, Cleo has got it pretty nice, huh?”
   “Oh, you bet, I love my kitty,” she said smiling.
   “So where is Jake this morning? Wouldn’t he want some pancakes?”
   “Oh, he’s working today; he started a new job, great huh?”
   “Woah, really?” Stacey said shocked, “it’s about time! Where is he working?”
   “I guess he is starting out in the politics career, he figures that’s got to have good money in it. And hot boys, as he says,” she said rolling her eyes. “I’m not too sure there will be hott guys working in a politician’s office.”
   Stacey giggled, shrugging it off, “good luck to him, I guess.”
   Sofie looked at the clock, “wow, it’s already noontime, and here we are in our pajamas. Do you have any plans with Andrew today?”
   “Oh. No, he was with you know who last night, he’s probably really hung over. Do you have any plans?”
   “Nope, did you want to get together later on?”
   “Sure, let me just shower and stuff at home and see what Andy is up to then I’ll give you a call.”
   Sofie smiled, “that sounds great.”

They both stood up to put their dishes into the sink and Stacey went upstairs to change into her clothes she had from yesterday, she hadn’t planned on sleeping over, so she had to borrow Sofie’s pajamas, oh well. When she got back downstairs, Sofie had already packed the leftover pancakes up and put them into the fridge.
   Sofie walked Stacey to the door and they hugged their goodbyes.
   “Talk to you in a bit!”   

After Sofie had shut the door, she rubbed her hands together while deciding if she should relax and watch some TV or if she should go get ready. She decided to relax and watch TV, she could get ready a bit later, Stacey wouldn't be that quick, and plus she had a 15 minute drive still. Since it was lunchtime, she wasn’t sure if anything good would be on, but remembered that Jerry Springer was normally on around that time, and she always got a kick out of that.
   A half hour had passed and she didn’t want to continue to be lazy anymore, not only that but Cleo had sat next to the seat she was in and started to meow at her. This was normally the time she would feed her, so she figured she just wanted some food. Shutting off the TV, Sofie went to the kitchen to feed Cleo, at least that made her happy.

Sofie wasn’t sure what she was going to wear yet, but she knew she had to take a shower. So, she walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind her, Cleo loved to follow her in there sometimes, and she would even walk into the shower with her if Sofie would let her. She got undressed and right as her clothes hit the floor, and she turned on the water, she heard her cellphone ringing upstairs. She wasn’t about to run up the stairs naked, even though she was home alone, she figured they’d just leave a voicemail if it was that important. Then, as she stepped into the shower, the house phone rang, she just shrugged it off. ‘oh well, they’ll call back.’
   She took her time in the shower, she always seemed to do that, why was she being so lazy today? It was 1pm and she had just finished up in the shower, she put her bathrobe on and ran up the stairs quickly. She still wasn’t sure what to wear, so she just glanced through her dresser trying to find something comfortable. ‘oh ha!’ she said as she spotted a nice outfit, ‘I’ve been looking all over for you’ she said to herself, or was it.. to her outfit? Man, she is crazy.

She was finally all done getting ready, meaning she did her make up, she did her hair and she got dressed. Remembering that someone had called, she picked up her cell phone to see who it was, it was Stacey, of course!
   Stacey didn’t leave Sofie a voicemail though, kind of strange for her, anyways, she called her right back. “Hello?” Stacey said as she answered the phone.
   “Hey Stacey!”
   “Sofie! I tried calling you an hour ago,” she smiled at the sound of her best friends voice.
   “I know, you know how long it takes me to get ready, what’s going on?”
   “Nothing, Andrew and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us?”
   “Of course, maybe we should have a barbeque or something here at my house, does that sound good?” offered Sofie.
   “Yes, that does sound good, we’ll bring some food over, can we bring a friend with us?” pleaded Stacey.
   “Who? Not Clayton, right?”
   “Nope, not him,” Stacey smiled with her fingers crossed, she knew Sofie secretly wanted Clayton to be the one they bring with them, so she just went along with it.  
   “Okay, well .. when can you be here?”
   “In about an hour, see you then!” said Stacey.
   “See you.” They both hung up the phone.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:16:50 pm by savemykissesx » Logged

cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:31 pm »

Sounds Good. I cant wait for more.

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »

Thank you. =) I have some more chapters written and I will post them once I know people wanna read it, which means more comments. Cheesy

ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:17:22 pm »

sounds great

Sims Addict
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:18 pm »

Awe, thank you.. keep an eye out for an update. Cheesy

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:10:23 am »

Alright guys, in some of the pictures (since they are outside and I haven't found a hack or anything) have the background as grey, etc.. just deal with it. But let me know what you think.. feedback is much appreciated! Not sure if anyone besides Ferris is enjoying this.. so let me know! OKAY ? =)

Lunch time.

Sofie was up in the bathroom checking herself out when she had heard the doorbell ring. She wasn’t about to worry too much about what she looked like, she definitely wasn’t trying to impress Andrew or anything.
   When she got to the door she had noticed that it wasn’t just Andrew and Stacey, they had brought along.. dun dun dun! CLAYTON. ‘Oh god,’ her heart just about went crazy inside of her, she was afraid everyone could hear her heart beating super fast. And they were in their bathing suits already, what a sight!

Sofie played it off cool and hugged Stacey, while waving to Andrew and Clayton. ‘Smooth, Sofe, smooth,’ she thought to herself. She didn’t know what she was going to do for lunch, she didn’t think that Jake and her had enough hamburgers left over in the fridge, and she didn’t want to look like an idiot infront of Clayton.
   Andrew and Clayton didn’t waste one moment, they were in that pool with a blink of an eye. But first, Sofie couldn’t help but notice how sexy Clayton looked in his bathing suit. “Oh my,” she said shaking her head and pulling Stacey into the house. “WHAT were you thinking, missy!?”
   “I was thinking that we’re going to have an amazing day today,” said Stacey smirking.
   “I can’t even believe you!..
   … Now what do I do?”
   “You go get into your sexy bathing suit and meet us outside, little lady.” Stacey said as she walked to the kitchen to make some lunch. She knew that she didn’t want to bother Sofie with making lunch for everyone, so she just wanted to throw together some sandwiches.

Sofie walked up to her room and wasn’t sure what to think. ‘oh man, oh man, oh man. What am I going to do now?’ She just kept worrying if her hair was alright, if her bathing suit would be sexy enough, she wanted to impress him so badly. She hasn’t felt this way for anyone physically, and if she had it was never returned in favor, she was worried that he wouldn’t like her.
   She thought back to the very first day her and Clayton had ever met. The boys were at Andrews apartment playing some pool, when Stacey and Sofie had walked in, right away Andrew ran over to Stacey and scooped her up. Sofie had no choice but to just stand there bashfully, ‘Man, I could kill Stacey for this’ she thought to herself at that very moment. Right after they had gotten their mushy stuff out of the way, they had introduced her to Clayton. She couldn’t think of anything too impressive to say and he seemed to just brush her right off, after saying hello of course, and calling out to Andrew, “lets finish our game already, yo.” Sofie found that incredibly rude and wished she could have gotten to talk to him a bit longer, she felt like that would be the end of it.

Just then she had heard a knock at her bedroom door, as she opened it she had seen Jake standing there. He looked a bit shocked, “Hey, uh.. what’s going on outside?”
   “Oh, we’re having a small get together.. did you want to come and join us?” she asked.
   “Naw.. I might go check out the guys downtown and go shopping with my first days pay, you know how I roll,” he said smirking.
   Sofie smirked, “Well at least come and say hi, you know who is down there.”
   She couldn’t help but laugh when his face automatically lit up, she knew he would never turn that down, she finished tying up her bathing suit as Jake ran into his room to grab his license, apparently he had forgotten it this morning. Then, they had made their way outside.

Jake had waved hello to everyone, and smirked at the sight of Clayton, “hey there,” he said.     
   “Jake!” Stacey yelled from her lawn chair, “Hang out with us for a while!”
   “No, no, I’m heading out into town, I’ll be back tonight, call me later, girl,” he said turning back to Sofie, “you have yourself a grand ole time,” he said while giving her a little wink and a tap on the butt as he walked away.
   Sofie then walked alongside the pool as she went to join Stacey on the other lawn chair. God, she wished that Clayton’s eyes were following her to her seat, but she knew that they weren’t. She sighed as she took her seat, “what am I supposed to do, Stacey? You invite him over here and he isn’t even interested in me.”
   “Stop that, Sofe, you’re gorgeous, you know he’s just crazy, he probably doesn’t even notice that you’ve been checking him out.”
   Sofie just sighed and looked away, crazy thoughts going through her head.
   Stacey shouted to the boys, “we made those sandwiches, is anyone ready to eat them?”
   The boys looked at each other and raced to the ladder, as if there wasn’t enough food for both of them. The girls just shook their heads.

As they all sat at the table, Sofie realized that Clayton had taken the seat right across from her. ‘Great, now I need to eat and look at him at the same time, how will I ever pull this off?’ she was going to have to do it eventually, she was never this childish when it came to guys, what was her problem?
   She kind of just zoned out and stared at Clayton, when he looked up and seen her looking at him, he smiled, but at the same time, he was a bit creeped out, wouldn’t you be?

About an hour of chit chatting later, they were all still sitting there at the table outdoors. Andrew gave a mischievous look to Stacey and she nearly died laughing, “what are you thinking, Andy?”
   He then got up and grabbed her hand, helping her up from the seat, once she had gotten completely out of her seat, he had picked her up and ran to the pool with her. The whole time she was in his arms she was kicking and screaming, “no, Andrew, you better not, YOU better NOT!!’ Sofie and Clayton busted out in laughter as Stace continued to scream and laugh a lot, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t serious, she clearly stated “I’m so serious Andrew, seriously I’m SERIOUS.” And that didn’t seem to stop Andrew, as he looked over at Clayton and I. He then just simply threw her in, that was when all the noise ended and a huge splash filled the air. Sofie couldn’t help but laugh as Stacey came back up for air, “I can’t believe you just did that, I’m GOING to get you!” she exclaimed as she got out to chase him around the pool a few times.

Here she was, sitting there with Clayton, not knowing what to say.. or what to do for that matter. She stood up, and he looked at her, “where are you going?” he asked curiously. “I’m going to go in the pool for a quick dip,” she said smiling.
   Then, the most unthinkable thing happened, he got up, took her hand in his and they walked to the pool together. She was so surprised! This was really happening? Gosh! Then all of a sudden, he pushed her into the pool and then jumped in right after her.
   There was a lot of splashing and goofing off going in the pool. Of course there was, all four of them were in there. Sofie wasn’t too much of a swimmer, but she was enjoying the time she was spending with Clayton, he sure was funny.

After about an hour of being in the pool, Sofie decided it was enough and she wanted to go relax a little bit on the hammock. So she slowly climbed the ladder out of the pool and made her way to the hammock. It was about 4pm already, and it didn’t look like Andrew and Stacey were planning on getting out of the pool anytime soon. Clayton surprisingly followed Sofie out of the pool, ‘what is up with him?’ She thought. Hell, she wasn’t about to complain as he took a seat next to her on the hammock.
“So…”  this was awkward.
“Hi,” Sofie said after about 5 minutes of silence, “are you having fun?”
“Of course, the pool feels great, it’s definitely a summer day.”
They both were sitting there relaxing with their heads leaned back when he looked over at her and laughed a bit. Could he have possibly been feeling as awkward as she was? Oh, if she only knew.
“Um, so what do you like to do?.. You know, for fun,” he asked curiously.
“Well, I like to party, dance, sing, and write,” she said shyly.
“Really..? That’s it?”
“No, there is tons more, I just can’t stand that question,” she giggled.
“Oh,” his gaze slowly moving to his watch to check what time it was.
“What about you? What kind of things are you into?”
“Well.. I like to play guitar, I love tattoos, and I love partying. Oh.. and I love girls.” He winked at her.
She couldn’t help but to let out one of her little girly giggles out right then.

Andrew and Stacey decided to finally come out of the pool, and Stacey sat down in the lawn chair. Andrew explained that he’d be right back, as he noticed that Clayton was motioning him to come over and talk. They went away from the girls and could tell the girls didn’t think anything of it as they were mixed up in their own little conversations.
   “Dude, we need to get out of here,” said Clayton, “I have a date tonight.”
   “Well, alright, let me see what’s up with Stacey.”
Andrew walked back over to his girl and took her hand in his, “Babe, do you think we could get out of here? We have some plans for tonight, me and you,” he said winking at her.
   “Oh, so soon?” Sofie said playfully.
   Stacey smiled at her friend knowing that she would understand if they took off, Sofie had other things that she could do around the house, of course and she wouldn’t be completely alone.
   “Sure, hunny, we can leave. Just give me a few minutes with Sofie,” she said.
The boys said their goodbyes to her friend and thanked her for the great afternoon, and Sofie couldn’t help but notice that Clayton kept looking back as they both walked to the car.
   “Sorry, are you sure you don’t mind? I don’t want to leave you all alone,” Stace said.
   “I’m fine, you know I can go do some writing, I haven’t done that in a while, and plus, maybe Jake will be home soon, I’m fine, I promise.”
   “Okay..” Stacey said after letting out a sigh, “if you’re positive.”
   “I’m cool, I promise, don’t worry about me, but hey.. don’t be a stranger either. I had fun today.”
   “Me too, I’ll talk to you later, though, okay?” Stacey said as she started to walk away from her best friend sadly.
   “See you.”

After she had watched her friends leave in their car, she got up and picked up the plates from lunch, no leftovers and no cooking on the grill today, that was nice, she thought to herself. Bringing the dishes into the kitchen to wash them, she realized that it was now 6pm. She figured that she wasn’t all that lazy today; she had a very enjoyable day and couldn’t believe that Clayton asked her on a date for this Friday. What was she going to wear? “Heck, it’s only Saturday, stop worrying girl!” she said out loud, knowing she was alone. She let out a little bit of a laugh.
   She climbed up the stairs and went into her room; she was going to work on her story. She loved to write, and she did a really good job writing children’s books, and she wanted to make money some day publishing them. She hadn’t really told anyone about that, really, but Jake had found out when he noticed her writing them, he loved to read them, he’s basically a kid himself.
   After changing into her clothes for the day, Sofie sat down with her book and started looking through it, what more could she add into it? She hated when she had drawn a blank.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:17:46 pm by savemykissesx » Logged

cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:56:24 am »

Clayton does seem too great. I don't know if I like him yet

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 12:57:20 am »

hehe =)

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 02:13:00 am »

Three Days and Encouraging words

It was now Wednesday and three days had gone by since that great Saturday afternoon with her friends, she hadn’t heard from Clayton about their date, and she was beginning to get worried.
   Sofie had just walked through the front door exhaustedly when the phone began to ring. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to even answer the phone, she had just gotten home from work and she just wanted to relax. She decided to answer it anyways, she never wanted to be neglectful to her friends, besides what if it was important?

“Hello?”
   “Hey Sofe!”
   Boy was she glad to hear that it was Jake, she knew he wouldn’t keep her on the phone for too long. When these thoughts were going through her head she couldn’t help but wonder, does this make her a bad friend?
   “Hey, Jake, what’s up?” she asked curiously.
   “Oh.. nothing, Sofe, I just got out of work.”
   “That’s cool, how was it?”
   “Good, good. Listen, I was going to stop and get a bite to eat, did you want me to pick you up something? Or did you already eat?”
   “I  haven’t ate dinner, no, I could go for some chinese food, if you’re going to China One,” she said.
   “Oh, yeah.. Chinese food actually sounds great!”
They hung up the phone, she hated to admit it but somehow she had forgotten to eat all day and it was already near 7pm. How did she manage that one?
After she and Jake had hung up the phone, she went upstairs into her bedroom and changed into something a bit more comfortable, then she walked over to the bookcase in the living room and slowly glanced up and down at it, trying to decide which story to read tonight. She then carefully picked out a fancy little romance novel. This one was titled “Morning Comes Softly.” She couldn’t ever get enough of reading romance novels, though it tended to make her expect more from men.

It was nearly 8pm and she was starting to worry about Jake. ‘What is taking him so long?’ she thought to herself. She decided to give him another half hour before giving him another phone call.
   Fifteen minutes had passed and finally Jake walked into the frontdoor, saying excitedly, “Honey, I’m home!”
   Sofie chuckled and instead of asking him what took him so long she greeted him with a big smile. They slowly made their way to the kitchen and started to pig out.
   “Looks like you haven’t ate all day, Sofie.”
   “Oh, that’s silly,” she dismissed the subject. If he had known, she would never hear the end of it.

After dinner  she climbed the stairs and sat up in her bedroom, it was already 9:30pm and she was exhausted. It’s not like her job was that draining, what was going on with her? She glanced up to her door as she heard someone approaching it, and then heard a knock. She smiled knowing that it was Jake, why did he still bother knocking?
      “Come in, Jake.”
   He whistled as he slowly walked in and then ran and jumped on her bed next to her. “Whatcha doing?” he said smiling.
   She couldn’t help but to giggle at her best friend, leave it to him to bring her spirits up.
      “Better question.. what are you thinking?” he asked curiously, “WHAT is going on in your pretty little head?”
      “Oh, nothing.. I’m just going through some thoughts.. you know, typical Sofie stuff,” she said.
      “Like.. thoughts about a certain fellow?”
      “Yeah.. Clayton asked me out on a date for this Friday, it’s almost Thursday and I haven’t even heard from him,” she said sighing.
      “Oh, babe,” he said as he put his hand lightly on her thigh, “don’t you worry about that, he’ll give you a call, you know that.”
   Sofie just sighed and shrugged a bit, “He doesn’t seem that interested in me.”
      “Well, that’s his problem, he asked you out, didn’t he? That means he is interested in you, don’t you sweat the small stuff, hun.”

Just as Jake walked out the door, the phone rang and he ran down the stairs to answer it. “It’s for you!” He called up the stairs.
   ‘Why don’t we have a phone upstairs,’ she wondered to herself as she slowly went downstairs to answer the nearest phone.

"Hello?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:23:13 pm by savemykissesx » Logged

satsoveranddone
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 04:29:10 am »

omg i love this story

its so great
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 11:52:43 am »

Thanks =) I'll be posting chapter 5 sometime soon, just need to go get the pictures.

cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:56:18 pm »

Yay! Thanks for updating. Can't wait for Chapter 5

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 02:19:31 pm »

I finished the first part of chapter 5, it's not too long and this chapter is going to be semi-boring, working up to something bigger. :]

thanks for commenting and reading, i enjoy it & happy about it!

savemykissesx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 02:19:52 pm »

Mixed up - Part 1

“Hey, there, Sofie,” a male voice had said at the other end of the phone.
“HOW did you get my number?!” Sofie demanded.
There was a dreary silence, as if he wasn’t sure what to say to her.
      “Why are you calling me, James? I told you I didn’t want anything to do with you.”
      “Sofie, listen, I really need you right now, I need to talk to you, I need you in my life, please,” James pleaded with her gently.
      Sofie didn’t say anything after that plea, she wasn’t sure what he was calling her for and what he is talking about when he says he needs her in his life, screw that, he had his chance. She would’ve taken him out of that shithole if he had just come with her to begin with.
      “Listen, I know you’re mad at me, but can you just meet up with me for some dinner?” he kindly asked.
      “When? Right now, you’re insane!”
      “No, no, no.. how about Friday night at Garden Le amour,” he offered.
      “What for, James? Seriously, what for?”
      “…I just need to talk to you, please?”
   She caved in because she could sense a hint of desperation in his voice. She felt bad for him, after all, he didn’t know exactly what he was doing before, he was just afraid. They had made plans to meet up around 8:00pm, she wasn’t sure if it was that smart of an idea, but she definitely couldn’t take him off her mind in the last 7 years, and she was sure she had to see him if not for just one more time.
   She couldn’t help but just stand there looking at the phone silently for a few minutes, she was zoned out, and it wasn’t her normal zoning out, this was a bit more serious. The sound of beeping from the phone had snapped her out of it, and she quickly hung up the phone.

After that she made her way up the stairs, taking each step one at a time, not rushing, it was as if she was still absorbing everything that just had happened. She was already in her pajamas, so she shut the light off and then crawled right into bed. She looked over at the alarm clock wondering what time it was, seeing that it was 10:15pm, she was pleased. Not so pleased when she couldn’t get to sleep, she kept rolling around in her bed, she just couldn’t seem to get comfortable. Why was the thought of James getting to her this much?
   She could hear Jake still awake and on the computer downstairs, she wanted so badly to talk to anyone right now, to get some of the thoughts in her mind cleared up. She thought seriously about going down there and talking to him about it, but she wasn’t even sure if he’d have any answers for her, and she didn’t even know what she wanted to hear. She just decided to try and clear her mind herself, around 1:00am she seemed to finally get some restless sleep.

When Sofie woke up she didn’t feel as if she had slept at all, she hated those kinds of nights, and she was hoping that last night wouldn’t have been one of them, of course she was out of luck. How come her alarm clock didn’t go off yet? She looked over at it curiously and noticed that it was only 8:00am, she didn’t have to be in work until 11am, and she normally didn’t leave the house until 10:30am so she had plenty of time to rest some more if she wanted to, but she decided against it. As she stood up out of her bed she shut the alarm clock off so it wouldn’t be going off in an hour, and then walked downstairs to the bathroom.
   Sofie was hoping that a shower would make her feel better all together; last night seemed to put a damper on her completely. ‘I just hope that having dinner with James will make it better,’ she thought to herself as she hopped into the shower. Today, she took an even longer one than normal, it was 8:45am when she had finally gotten out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror. ‘Man, what am I going to do?’ She sighed as she took her toothbrush and applied toothpaste on it, she started to brush her teeth when she heard Jake’s alarm clock going off. She continued to brush her teeth, figuring he’ll get up on his own.

Sofie didn’t feel like taking her time doing her hair so she just threw it up in a pony tail, it’s not like she had to look that great for her job. It was 9:00am, and she wasn’t really that hungry, but she knew she didn’t have a lunch break at work so decided to eat something now.
   She grabbed a quick bowl of cereal, although she had plenty of time to make something better, and even had some leftovers in the fridge still, oh well. She took a seat at the table, and didn’t really care that she was still in her bathrobe, who was looking anyways?
   Storming down the stairs came Jake, Sofie almost got up to make sure he was okay because of all the noise. He quickly ran into the kitchen, grabbed an apple and kept running all the way out the door, “Sorry, Sofe, I’m running late, talk to you later!” he called back to her.

After that burst in, she put her dish in the sink and went upstairs to pick out something to wear. By the time she had picked out something comfortable to wear, knowing that her boss would never yell at her for anything she decided to put on, it was 10:00am. She glanced at the mirror and let out a soft sigh, “another day at this endless job,” she said out loud.

On her way out the door, the phone rang, luckily she still had five minutes to spare. “Hello?” she said as she picked up the phone in a hurry.
   “Hey, Sofe!” Stacey said excitedly, “I’m glad I caught you before you left. Can you pick me up on your way home from work tonight?”
   “Sure! I’ve been hoping you’d stop by. What’s wrong with the car?”
   “Oh.. Clayton’s been borrowing it,” she spat.
   “I can’t believe you’d allow that.”
   “Well, if Andrew asked me, it wouldn’t have been allowed. Anyways, I’ll see you when you get here later, hun.”
   “I’ll be there around 6:30pm, bye Stacey,” smirked Sofie as she hung up the phone and headed out the front door.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: