Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:02:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game cuts off  (Read 1318 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Will9525

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:28:08 pm »

Recently my game will not load. It loads, but when it gets to the end it cuts off. When I took out my downloads folder it came on fine. So I figured it was something in there and I deleted all the recent stuff I downloaded. I got nothing!!! So I went to an older downloads folder and used that and it still did not work. I used the hack conflict detector and clean installer. I also put my downloads in the downloads folder in groups of 100 to see if I could find the culprit, but I got nothing. The game loaded every time. And this just happened all of a sudden. I played on Friday and now I can't play anymore. Also I used this scratch removal thing on my disc because I thought something was wrong with the disc previously, but it turned out to be a house I downloaded. I reinstalled everything and still no luck. I never get an error message. I only get one when I get sick of waiting and it says the 0cx00012d(something) failed to initialize. Also when it loads with all the downloads the music just stops for a long time at certain points and then resumes(like the CD stopped then started backup). I am very upset. I cannot figure it out and I really miss my Sims.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:55:18 pm »

Try deleting your groups.cache from your Sims 2 folder. It may be the culprit. It sounds like your Downloads are borked and you may need to start your Downloads folder anew. I hope the groups.cache deletion works, much quicker!! Smiley

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:06:17 pm »

If you still have the same problem after deleting the groups.cache file, pull your downloads folder out and try loading again. If all goes well, then it's something in your downloads. Also, (and this may sound like a long shot, but it's worked for me in the past) make sure your video cable(s) are connected properly. It wouldn't hurt to open up your computer either and give it a cleaning with some compressed air and make sure your RAM is properly seated.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: