Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:36:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Not Easy Being Me  (Read 4399 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:12 pm »

I'm hoping I'll actually be able to finish this story, since I tend to start writing something and then get another idea.Cheesy
Well, hope you like it!

"Goodbye, Mom," I said, shutting the taxi door.
"Mylie! Don't you dare leave! You get back here right now and talk to me!" my mom shouted, but her words were lost as the taxi pulled away...
Er...Maybe I should start from the beginning.  My name's Mylie, and this is how this whole mess started.  

"See, honey? This is a gorgeous house!  I'm sure you'll feel right at home," my mom claimed as we stood in front of our new house.  

"I doubt it," I grumbled.  "Why did we have to move anyway?  Just because for once a guy cheated on you instead of the other way around?"  My mom glared at me.  
"Of course not, it's just time for some change," she explained.  "Anyway, I'm sure you'll love your new school.  Maybe you'll even be part of the popular crowd!"  She clapped her hands together like it was the greatest idea ever.  "You just need to be more outgoing.  Come on, let's go unpack."

I sighed.  I didn't want to explain to her again that I was part of the popular group in my former school.  I had told her what seemed like a thousand times, and she still thought I was a loser!  My own mom!  Not that she knew me very well.  She's always out with a different man each night.  So I rolled my eyes, sucked it up, and carried my bags inside.  
Well, I had to admit, the house was nice, even unfurnished.  It was big and roomy and I had been promised the best room, but it just wasn't home.  
By the end of the day every room was furnished, and my bedroom was just perfect.

I booted up my computer immediately.  No emails from my friends yet, but it had to only a matter of time.  

Either way, I had to get ready for school.

I packed my backpack and headed downstairs fro breakfast.  I had no idea where my mom was.  She was probably leaving from some guy's house right now while he slept.  I had a quick breakfast of a toaster pastry, then headed down to the front of my house and waited for the bus to come.  
"Hi," I said, jumping up immediately when a boy about my age came walking down the sidewalk.  I practically ran to him to shake his hand.

"My name's Mylie, I'm new."  I said a bit over enthusiastically.  He looked at me strangely.

"Uh, yeah, hi...Jake."  He pulled his fingers from my pincer-like grip.  
"So," I began, blushing from my loserness, "you have to wait for the bus here?"
"Yeah..."
"I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other, then."  Wrong thing to say.  Jake practically groaned at the thought.  I blushed again.  I was not doing well.  Thankfully the bus came at that moment.    

Jake was fast to get on, and I followed tightly behind him.  
On the bus he sat down in what seemed to be a designated seat in the back.  He sat next to a blonde boy who had his arm draped over a blonde, preppy, cheerleader-type.  On the other side of Jake was a pretty, dark skinned girl with perfect hair and makeup.  When he sat down, he turned toward her and kissed her right on the lips.  Of course.  He was a jock.

Well, hoped you liked my first update.  Comment please!!!

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 01:08:32 pm »

Sounds Good. I bet i will like it.=)

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
satsoveranddone
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 01:10:07 pm »

omg that is a great start to a story im waiting right her for a update
b_eagle8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:23:31 pm »

Great story.I would love to read more.
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 03:26:24 pm »

Thanks for the comments, guys!  Sorry, but my updates might be kinda slow, not to mention I'm going on vacation very soon. Well, enjoy!

The bus was horrible.  So many seats were either filled, or reserved with backpacks, purses, and legs, most of whom never had an actual person sitting in them.  I found an empty seat right in front of where Jake and his friends were.  All I could hear the whole bus ride was them talking, sometimes whispering, and them laughing.  When there was silence behind me, I knew Jake and the other guy were making out with their girlfriends.  It seemed like an eternity before I was allowed off the bus.  
Classes zoomed by where no one spoke to me or sat with me, and the teachers droned on about things I had long before gone over at my old school.  Then came fourth period lunch.  All I could do was stare at all the tables.  Most of them were empty.  Maybe I was early?  Or maybe most people skipped lunch?  Jake and his friend with the blonde hair were there, though.  I directed myself toward an empty table well away from Jake.  
My lunch looked repulsive.  I poked it with my fork and watched it get dragged into the "food" like it were in quicksand.  I pushed it away from me and just watched.  People eventually started trailing in.  Jake's girlfriend and the other girl came in and joined the two boys at the table.  I looked away from them.  Everyone else seemed to have found a table, yet I was still alone.  
"Hey there, New Kid!"  I looked over and saw a girl with red hair plop down in the seat next to me with a brown paper bag in her hand.  A boy with brown hair sat down on the other side of me, also with a brown paper bag.  I looked at them both curiously.  
"Don't worry about Marcus," the girl said to me.  "He's harmless, a little messed up in the head, but harmless."
"Yeah, don't worry about me," Marcus said, waving away the thought with his hand, "but Frannie on the other hand..."
Frannie next to me rolled her eyes.  "Like I said, messed up in the head," she whispered to me.  I giggled.  "Anyway, what's your actual name, New Kid?"
"Mylie," I answered.  
"Hm.  Pretty name for a pretty girl," Marcus said.  Frannie ignored him.
"Well, Mylie," Frannie began, "me and doctor Marcus are here to diagnose you."  Marcus nodded.
"Diagnose?" I questioned.
"Yes.  And we believe that you have NKS, formally known as New Kid Syndrome."
"Terrible case, terrible case," Marcus said, shaking his head gravely.  
Frannie nodded.  "It really is, and we believe you have all the symptoms; one, people whispering at and/or about you, two, people staring at you" -I had definitely noticed those two- "and three, people ignoring you so you have to sit alone with some weird guy who eats olive loaf, which is ham with olives in in it, in case you didn't know," she stated.  She paused.  "Marcus, what kind of sandwich do have today?"
"Turkey, why?"
"Hm...Well, scratch off that last part of number with the weirdo eating olive loaf."
"Hey now!"  I laughed.  Frannie winked at me as Marcus glared at us.  Suddenly loud laughter erupted from Jake's table.  
"Who are they?" I asked as we all stared at them.  
"They're the popular people," Marcus said with great distaste.  
"Yeah.  The girl with the blonde hair is Steffany.  She gorgeous, but evil."  Frannie glared at Steffany who was practically on her boyfriend's lap and flipping her hair.  
"The guy she's with is Brandon.  Real stupid bloke if you ask me," Marcus commented.  
"Next one is Jess Michaels."
"Why are you glaring at her like that?" I asked.
"She," Frannie informed me, "has made out with every guy in school, minus the chess club and Marcus, of course."
"Hey!  Who says I haven't had any tongue action with Jess Michaels?"
"Puh-lease!  She avoids you like the plague! Anyway," she says, turning back to me, "the guy she's dating, and always been dating even when she was making out with all those other guys, is-"
"Jake," I finished.  Both Marcus and Frannie stared at me, mouths hanging open.
"How do you know Jake Ryal?"

So sorry about there not being any pictures, I'll be sure to post them asap. Comment please!

"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 12:14:31 am »

Good! I want more! =)

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
satsoveranddone
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 06:10:01 am »

this story is so addictive i cant wait for more
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 06:07:07 pm »

I am so sorry!  I've been kinda busy, my updates will be really slow.  I'm hoping I can get another update in tomorrow, no promises, though!
Thanks so much!
Medagic:D

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:04:22 am »

Some pics from last time of Frannie and Marcus. (They are so cute!)
Medagic

* Marcus.jpg (6.29 KB, 400x300 - viewed 301 times.)

* Marcus and Frannie.jpg (9.78 KB, 400x300 - viewed 219 times.)

Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:45 am »

Lack of pictures do to very slow game! Sorry!

"Um...I met him this morning when the bus came.  He has to wait in front of my house for it," I explain.
"And...?" Frannie prompted.  "What happened?"
"I kinda made a total fool out of myself."  Frannie wraps her arms around me.
"Aw, don't worry, happens to everyone.  There's no one here who can say they haven't been scorned by the popular jerks."
"I hate that guy anyway," chimes Marcus.  "All the good girls have a complete crush on him, because they think he's so 'tough' but really he's just a jerk."
Frannie put her hands on her hips.  "Hey, I don't like him.  What, I'm not 'good'?"  Marcus didn't reply.  Frannie might not have noticed, but I noticed something in Marcus's eyes.  Something that told me he regretted saying anything.  
"You're different," I said, winking at Marcus.  He smiled weakly at me.  
Frannie snorted.  "Sure."  She smoothed her hair.  "Back on the subject of popular jerks, tell her what we saw yesterday at our usual burger joint."
"What?  Burgers?"
"No!" said Frannie, losing patience.  
"Oh!" exclaimed Marcus, his thoughts clicking.  "You mean Jake snogging Jess?   Behind that greasy, yet delicious, place?"  
"Bingo!  He and Jess were going at it, it was disgusting!  I almost lost the burger I just ate.  There wasn't even a bit of shine on Jess' lips.  All her gloss was gone, which is a hard thing to do considering she globs it on like everyone's trying to steal it from her."  I looked over at Jess, chewing on my thumbnail.  Her lips were rather shiny.  Jake's were a tad bit shiny too.  Was it from the burgers he and Brandon had somehow managed to get (the girls only had water), or had he just kissed Jess?  I looked at the end of the handle of my plastic fork.  It was all that you could see of it in the gelatinous mess.  Just then the bell rang, interrupting Frannie.  
"What's your next class?" Marcus asked.  
"Math," I replied.  
"Drat.  Looks like we part for now!  Do you have Chemistry after that?"
"Yeah."
"See you then!"
"Come on, Marcus, we're gonna be late!" said Frannie, pulling him by the arm.  
"Wait!" I called after them.  "Which way is the math room?"  
Frannie and Marcus were halfway down the hall.  
"It's on this floor, go down that hall, past two doors, take a...."  Frannie's voice disappeared as students came clambering out of classrooms.  I tried to find her and Marcus, but they must have already gone up the stairs, or into a classroom.  I sighed and followed what I heard of Frannie's directions.  
I had Chemistry finally.  Not only had I been late to math, but it was completely boring, and now, I was lost.  I was never going to find my way to chemistry.  Nobody would even stop to help me!  
"241...242...243.  Finally!" I said, opening the door to my next class.  Immediately I saw Frannie.  She was sitting in the front of the class, Marcus behind her.  
"Jesus!  Where have you been?" Frannie exclaimed when she saw me.  She gestured to the seat next to her.  I sat down.  "You're ten minutes late!  You're lucky Mr. Ramirez had to go get something."
"I was late to math too.  Ms. Franchez let me off the hook because I'm new," I explained, rubbing the leaves of a small plant in front of me.  
"Yeah, she's nice like that," Frannie commented, nodding.  
"Guys!  Look what Mr. Ramirez had to go 'take care of'," called a boy who was chuckling and looking out the window.  Everyone rushed forward.  I followed  and pushed my way to the window.  There I saw who I assumed to be Mr. Ramirez kissing Ms. Franchez!  
"No way!" Marcus yelled.  I laughed with everyone else.
The pictures are gonna have to be this way for now.  The place I was using as a photobox has shut down...
Well, hoped you enjoyed the update, it may be the last for a while!

* Math.jpg (8.11 KB, 400x300 - viewed 298 times.)

* 'Where have you been'.jpg (10.65 KB, 400x300 - viewed 347 times.)

* Teachers-kissing.jpg (9.69 KB, 400x300 - viewed 346 times.)

SherrytheCherry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:42 pm »

Oooooooh! Caught!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: