Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 07:34:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Settings keep resetting  (Read 1709 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:30:25 am »

Hi, this is not a major problem, but quite regularly my custom content options, my camera and my graphic settings reset themselves to the worst quality, was wondering if anyone knew why this was, as i said i can live with it but i'm just curious to why this happens.

Just another quick question, where can i find a tutorial on colouring hair? i would like to be able to learn so i don't have to bother other people to make them for me!

Char
xxx
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:07:44 am by Charley » Logged

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:35:16 am »

Every time you install an EP or sometimes a Stuff Pack, the settings go back to what the game thinks your puter can handle.

Coloring hair:  The easiest way is to fire up BodyShop, make a project and export.  Open up the resulting bitmaps and play with them using Filters and Colorize.  Save off the ones you like in separate folders, since the file names need to stay the same.  Once you've got the hair back into the game, give a yell and I'll send you a link to a binning tutorial.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:51 pm »

Yeah, i haven't installed any expansion packs in ages though. May have a go at recolouring hairs, what would be the best program to use since i can't really afford the proper photoshop!!!

Char
xxx

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 06:36:01 pm »

GIMP is a good choice and it is a 100% free, you can get it here:  GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 01:42:17 pm »

Thanks for the info, anyone any idea why the settings keep resetting?

Char
xxx

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 02:12:04 pm »

You might check the game's properties and make sure all the folders are read/write.  I can't even guess why the settings were reset in the first place since you hadn't installed any EPs or SPs.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:18:38 pm »

Thanks for getting back to me, will check files.

Char
xxx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: