Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:33:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maternity leave only 3 hours, not 3 days...  (Read 1821 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:19 pm »

This is actually a problem that has been bugging me for awhile, but I never posted it. When it rains, it pours, you know?

My Sim just gave birth to twins. Sarcastic yay. Anyway, I think I have a mod that asks me after birth if she or the husband are going to stay at home from work. I have had it so long I can't remember if it's a mod or not. Anyway, I selected her for the three days. However, the carpool for her job came bright and early the next morning.

If this is a mod, does this sound familiar? Why is this doing opposite what it's supposed to do? If this is apart of the game, how do I fix it? I don't want her to lose her job. Or anyone staying home for these reasons, for that matter.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
twerplina
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:18:36 pm »

I believe that's the triplets and quads mod.  The maternity leave is added on a vacation time and the sim has to choose to take it.  They shouldn't lose their job if they take vacation time!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:55 pm »

The carpool arriving the same day as the sim gives birth is normal. It's been bothering people for a very long time. When this happens, I just let my sim miss work. The carpool will not arrive on day 2. If it does arrive on day 2, that's when you begin to worry. Sims don't get fired for missing just 1 day of work and she should get paid normally and the day taken out of her vacation days (you get 3 extra vacation days to cover maternity/paternity leave).

The part where you get asked whether the mother or the father should stay at home is definitely the result of a mod. I would hazard a guess that since you got it you have not updated it because you don't even know what it's called and you don't recognise the question as not being part of normal game behaviour. I would strongly suggest that you create a WCIF thread for this mod and update it to a version compatible with your newest expansion pack. All your hacks and mods should get regularly updated, at the very least when you install a new expansion pack, and then you should check the hack/mod threads again a couple of months later to see if they have been further updated. I think the mod is called something like "paternity leave" but I don't know where to find it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »

I believe that's the triplets and quads mod.  The maternity leave is added on a vacation time and the sim has to choose to take it.  They shouldn't lose their job if they take vacation time!

Thank you for letting me know about the mod. But that's what I'm talking about. I'm not even getting vacation time.

Sims don't get fired for missing just 1 day of work and she should get paid normally and the day taken out of her vacation days

Guess I forgot about them not getting fired.

[/quote]
All your hacks and mods should get regularly updated, at the very least when you install a new expansion pack, and then you should check the hack/mod threads again a couple of months later to see if they have been further updated.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip but I usually update. I did do this after OFB and haven't downloaded anything since. I don't know. I'll just double check it to make sure and maybe I'll just re-download it if worse comes to worse.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: