Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:33:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Undying Love--Chapter 8, The Finale  (Read 9789 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cynthia_1

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:59:51 pm »

Hi, this is the first story that I have ever written and second to post anywhere, so here goes.....

"It had only been two days since we had brought Josiah home.  Selah was doing very well, I, on the other hand was a basket case.

"Zach, honey, what's wrong?" Selah asked concerned.
"Selah...I promise you and Zach that I will be the best husband and father that I can be....unlike..."  I tried to finish, but the tears took over.

"Oh hun, I already know that you a wonderful husband and I also know that you will be a great father.  Zach, where is all this coming from?  Why are you so upset?  I'm scared to death about being a mother to our little Josiah, but everything will fall into place, I promise."
"I know, Selah, I know.  It's not that...well, I mean, I am scared about being a father, but that's not what I'm upset about."
"Then what is it?"
"It's...just...nothing, ok.  You don't need to worry about me, I'll be alright.  Now you just go in the livingroom and get you a cup of hot tea and that book that you have been dying to read and get some rest.  I'll take care of the little rugrat for a while,"  I teasingly told her as we hugged.  I knew that she would question my feelings later on, but for now she gladly took the opportunity to rest.

As I put my son in his crib and watched his eyes slowly drift in and out of sleep, I promised him and God that I would be the best dad he would ever know.  I promised him that I would love him no matter what happens and that I would always be proud of him.

"Is he asleep?" Selah asked not looking up from her book.
"Yes, his little eyes finally lost the battle to the Sandman," I chuckled as I watched her read.  

"Zach, come, sit and tell me what has been bothering you."
See I told you she would try to get it out of me.
"I'd rather not.  Some things should just be left unsaid.  It's not important, anyway.  What's important is you and the baby."
"Zach, I and the baby are fine, it's you, I'm worried about."  She did look worried so I sat down beside her and started my story.
"Well, I had a pretty decent childhood before my 10th birthday...." I started.

"Dad was not a happy person.  Sometimes he would cause trouble and then just sit back watch the repercussions unfold.  Anyway, it was getting close to my birthday and I was getting excited.  I knew that he and Mom were in the bedroom discussing plans for my party.  I snuck by the door to listen in hopes of getting a tip of what my present would be...

'Chris, what are we going to do for Zach's birthday?'
'Well we don't have any money to buy the kid a present if that's what you mean!' Dad replied rather irritated at the whole idea.
'That KID just so happens to be OUR son and he deserves the very best that we can give him.' Mom's voice was very irate, but how she managed to keep her voice down, I still don't know to this day.
'Hmph...All that kid deserves is a big bundle of switches and a handprint across his.....'
'Christopher Michael, I will NOT have you talk about Zachery that way.  He has done nothing but work his fingers to the bone with his schooling so that you would be proud of him.  The only other thing he has done is love you with everything he has!'  Mom was shouting by this time.

I was absolutely horrified.  I knew that my dad wasn't really all that nice most of the time, but I didn't realize that he HATED me.

The next day Mom was bustling around in the kitchen, humming to herself and making plans for my birthday.

While Dad sat reading his paper.
'Sue, I don't know why you are making such a fuss about the boy's birthday.  If you ask me, it's just a waste of time and money.'
'Well, Chris, no one asked you.'

The big day was here and I was very excited.  I jumped from bed and hurriedly got dressed.  I had high hopes that Dad would be nice to me for once, after all, I had been in his life for a whole 10 years.

Everything was set up for the party.  Mom had worked all morning on the decorations and my favorite kind of cake.  I noticed that she had several small gifts wrapped up and sitting on the table.  Everything looked wonderful.

'Mom, thanks so much for the party.  It looks great and I know that Jordan and I will have a lot of fun."  Jordan was my best friend...my only friend.  Dad knew his father and that was the only reason why we could be friends.  Dad didn't trust any of the other kids that I knew.  He wouldn't allow me to bring anyone home from school.

I looked around for Dad, but I didn't see him anywhere.  I decided that he had left to get me something, maybe the switches.  Anyway, I waited until about an hour before Jordan was expected to be there and I asked Mom where Dad was...

'Mom have you see Dad?  I thought that he might be here.'  
'Son,' she said with a hagard breath, 'Your father is...'  She couldn't finish her statement.  

'Is what, Mom?  What are you not telling me?' I was really worried.  I knew he wasn't there, but there was something more to it.
'Son, your father left this morning.  He didn't tell me where he was going or if he was even coming back.  I'm sorry, I thought you wouldn't notice him gone until after your party at least.'

Those words really upset me.  I'm not sure why I did, but I cried when she told me.  I knew that my Dad and I didn't have the best relationship...well, really no relationship at all, but I loved him because he was my dad.  I wanted him to be there with me and Mom to celebrate my day, but he wasn't...  

...He was Gone.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:34:07 pm by cynthia_1 » Logged
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:37:16 pm »

Aw...How sad...Why did he hate him so much? Sad
Medagic

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 06:38:42 pm »

Well, to not give too much away of the story, Zach's father was not very nice to him.  he was very angry with him all the time and besides he left him on his 10th birthday.

Btw, thanks for reading and commenting.  I really appreciate it.  It's my very first story.:toothy7::
dnj121006

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:55:10 pm »

i like it
sad though
great job

Live Life to the fullest because, there may never be a tomorrow.
ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 08:13:33 pm »

I like it too very well writen

Sims Addict
xHannaHx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:41:19 pm »

awesome story. i like the feeling of sadness..lol 'how wierd did that sound?' lol

great job, keep it up. pics are amazing too!

Planning a sim wedding? In need of the perfect gown? Your search shall be no longer. Check out my set of 3 wedding gowns:love8:
Click here To get me in your game. You know you wanna :dance:
[/FONT][/SIZE]
satsoveranddone
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 06:29:54 am »

i more than like it i love it its a great way to start the story
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:35 am »

That was amazing. Great Job.

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 08:46:09 am »

I really appreciate all the comments.  It makes my day.  I will be updating with chapter 2 soon--probably today.   Thanks again.
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 09:26:44 am »

"Zach, you mean to tell me he left on your birthday?"
"Yes..."  I turned from her to wipe a fresh tear making its escape from my eye.
"What happened?  Where did he go?  Did he come back?" she asked quizitively.

"I don't know where he went.  Mom told me that they had a big fight and he told her that he had to get out.  She thought he meant just for awhile, to get some air...Not forever."

'Zach go on and enjoy your party.  I'm sure your dad will be back soon.'  I didn't believe her and I knew she didn't believe what she was saying, either.
'I doubt it.  I'm not sure I want him back if that's the way he feels.'

'Zachary David, what on Earth are you talking about?  Your father loves you.' Mom spoke with anger that fell through to sadness.

'I know what he said the other night about the switches and how he wasn't very proud.

'Now Zach, you father did not mean those things that he said.'  Mom tried to somewhat take up for dad.

I pulled away from her embrace, anger so strong I could hear my heart beating in my ears,
'Oh yeah, then why did you get angry?  I heard what you said to him.  I was standing right outside your door.'

I expected a smack across my face and sent to my room.  Instead mom stood there in front of me, broken, with tears streaming...no flooding down her face.
'Your right, Zach, I was angry.  Actually hurt and devastated that your father would talk about you that way.  What I didn't know was that you heard it.  That makes it worse and I'm sorry.'
'No, Mom, I'm sorry.  I wish that you hadn't heard it either.  What I don't really understand is why dad is doing this to me...to us.  Doesn't he know that I love him?'

That night I prayed, 'God, would You help me understand why my dad did this to us?  Please help him to stop hurting and let him know that we still love him...even me.

That night as I was drifting off to sleep, I could hear my mother's soft sobs as she cried herself to sleep.
'Happy Birthday to me'
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:28:23 am »

Just to let you know that if you want another udate, I could probably do so later on today.  I would like for it to get to the second page so it won't take too awfully long to load.  Just let me know.
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 11:24:46 am »

Yay! It was good.

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 11:39:47 am »

Thanks Cookie.  I didn't really know how my first  story would go over, but I really appreciate your comments and the others as well.
ryannrules86

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:33 pm »

MORE MORE!!!! Another update Please!

Sims Addict
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 10:38:41 am »

I'll be updating either later on today or tomorrow.  Thanks for all the support!! I really appreciate it.  You guys have made me get my brain working toward another story.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: