Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 12:56:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Undying Love--Chapter 8, The Finale  (Read 10327 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 01:30:50 pm »

I watched as the ambulance took my dad away to the hospital.  I was filled with so much mixed emotions.  I finally had a chance to talk with my dad and find out what happened all those years.  I forgave him, but I didn't get a chance to tell him.  I can't believe that he was shot right here at my home.  It was not fair.  I finally got him back and then pose a good chance of losing him...forever.   Mom and Selah hollered at me through the door and said that a sitter was coming to watch Josiah and that we were going to the hospital as soon as she arrived.

We arrived at the hospital and the nurse told us that he was rushed into to surgery.  We waited for what seemed like an eternity until Dr. James came out into the waiting room.

"Mrs. Montgomery, your husband is in stable condition.  The bullet just missed his heart by about an inch or two.  It did cause one of his lungs to collapse and reparable damage to the muscles around it.  He is on oxygen for now to help with his lung.  He is in recovery for now but he will be moved to ICU within a couple of hours.  You may go in now for a few minutes, but he will not know that you are there.  Although he will be very sore and out of sorts for awhile, he is planned to make a full recovery."

With that news, I just broke down and cried.  Mom and I held each other.  We decided not to go in the recovery room so that dad could get some rest. While we waited, Selah got a phone call from the sitter stating that she had an emergency and had to leave.  Sel was reluctant about leaving but I told her that dad was doing better and that if anything changed I would let her know.

About an hour after Selah left, Dr.  James told us that dad was in a room in ICU and that we could see him.

"Zach, your dad was lucky.  If the shooter had been aiming just a couple of inches to the right, he wouldn't be here now."
"Rick, dad has been lucky ever since he has been gone.  One of these days, I want you to hear him talk about his ordeal.  He's been through hell and back and now this happened...."  I couldn't finish my sentence.  My throat tightened up.
Dr. James put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.  
"You know, Rick, I've been sitting here thinking.  True dad has been lucky because he is here despite all he went through, but I'm really the lucky one because he went through all that crap because of me and mom.  I thought that he hated me and that's why he was gone for so long, but it wasn't.  He was gone to keep mom and me safe from harm and yet he still was nearly killed right in front of me.  If I ever get my hands on whoever did this, I'll...." My cellphone rang and interrupted my thought.
"Zach, hey, I just heard on the news that a man was picked up for reckless driving in town.  While the police were searching his car for alcohol or drugs, they found a gun.  They believe they got the man who shot Chris.  The man was questioned to who he was and he replied, "I'm the last of us."  Do you know what that means?"
"Yes, Selah, I believe I do.  I'll explain it all later, or rather I'll have dad explain it when he's up to it."
Hmm...the last of us?  He must be the last Brother who was supposedly arrested.  Well he IS arrested now.

Dr.  James was talking with mom when dad started stirring.  He was still out of it but he was mumbling something under his breath.  We couldn't make out what he was saying and we decided that he was dreaming.  
"I want to keep an eye on him for a while.  If he is dreaming, he could get upset in his dreams and cause his heart to race.  Why don't you two go get some coffee and we will let you know when he wakes up."
Mom wasn't willing to leave, but I told her I needed to talk to her anyway and so I guided her out of the room.
"What is it Zach, something wrong with the baby?"
"No, Jo is fine.  Selah told me that the police may have dad's shooter in custody."
"Oh Zach, that is wonderful."  With that news she grabbed me around the neck and liked to squeeze the breath right out of my body.
"I'm sure glad we are at a hospital, mom." I half gasped and chuckled at the same time.  Mom laughed and so did I.

Several days passed and dad was sitting up and talking.  He was finally off the oxygen which he fussed about all the time.
"Let me get this straight, Zach, the police found Alexander?  He was the last brother.  I thought that he was arrested or killed or something."
"Yep, I watched the news last night and it was him.  They had a big report on the 11 action news with all the Brothers and said that he was in jail for robbery, at least 5 counts of murder, numerous assaults, and three counts of attempted murder."
"Well, now, I guess it is finally over."
About that time the Doc came in and said that if dad was ready to go home the hospital was tired of him and ready to leave.  We all laughed.

"Why do I have to be in this dadblasted chair.  I can walk perfectly well."
"Dad, hospital protocol states that you leave in a wheelchair.  I guess they want to make sure that you don't fall and break a leg or something and have to spend more time here." I had a big smile on my face which made everyone laugh including dad.

Several weeks later, we went to the jail so dad could make a positive identification on Alexander.
"Chris, do you feel up to seeing Mr. Franks?"
"Yessir, I believe I am."

Dad looked into the eyes of one of the men that caused him so much pain and suffering.
"Alexander, I want you to know that you have not broken my spirit.  You and your brothers hurt me physically, mentally, and emotionally.  You have caused pain for my family for over nineteen years, but I am here to say that you will no longer cause anyone anymore pain.  You did not win your little game.  I am leaving this place while you sit in your little jail cell and think about all the lives that you have broken and destroyed all for the greed of money and fortune.  I want you to take a good long look at this face because you will never see it again."  
With that, dad walked away.  About a year later the man was found guilty for all charges and later executed for the pain he had caused.
2 Years Later

We sat at our kitchen table discussing Josiah's birthday coming up.  Dad was all excited.  He wanted to buy him a pony and everything else that he could think of.
"Dad, Jo will be five.  He's not old enough for a pony and besides we don't have any room for one."
"I guess not.  But, Zach, there is not one day that I done right by you and I want to make sure that my grand son is spoiled rotten."
"Dad, what are you talking about?  You saved me and mom from God knows what and you endured our pain.  I believe you did very right by me.  Although I didn't know it at the time, but you loved me as I loved you."

Dad got up and I thought he was going to leave the room so I got up to stop him.  He grabbed me around the neck and held on tight.
"Son, I am so sorry for everything.  I love you so much."
"Dad, I forgive you and I love you too."
We held each other and cried.

The day came for Josiah's big day.  We were all there cheering him on as Mommy helped him blow out his candles.

He grew up into such a handsome young man.  We had so much to be thankful for.  The doctor had given dad a clean bill of health.  Dad and I had as close a relationship as any father and son would want.

Dad picked up Josiah and hugged him tight.
"Jo, I want to tell you something.  I love you and so does your daddy.  You mean the world to me and your daddy.  When things go wrong, don't be afraid to go to your daddy.  He loves you and wants to help whenever and whatever."  With that he kisses Josiah on the forhead and puts him down to go play.
"Zach, you are a good father.  I'm glad you didn't take after me."
"Well, in some degrees I did, dad.  I would do anything for my son and wife even if it meant being separated from them for a long time.  My dad didn't do too bad himself--AFTER I learned why.  I love ya, dad."
"I love you too, son."

Seven Years later

It has been three years since dad died and one since mom died.  It was really hard for all of us to lose them.  We slowly got on with our lives.  Selah came up to me the other night,
"Zach, we need to go to town tomorrow and buy paint."  
"Paint, since when do you paint?"
"Well, I was thinking about a fresh coat of paint for the nursery..."
"NURSERY?!?  When....how...?"
"Well, I found out on Monday and how?  Now honey, we already have one child, if you don't know how then...."
We both laughed, hugged, and cried.
We told Josiah and he was ecstatic.

I guess my life turned out to be pretty great after all.  I made an amends with my father and spent several great years with him.  I am proud of who I became.  His undying love and devotion for his family is one that I strive to have for my own family.
simfreakkristen

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 03:30:41 pm »

AW! I'm so happy for them having another baby. Dangit, you should show it to us! I hope it's a girl.

:welcome: She's here! Iris Delilah Jones. (I know it's kind of stupid to name a baby partly after a Sim story, but I love Banished!!)
cynthia_1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »

Simfreakkristen:  When I play the family and the baby is born, I will post her/him on this site.  Right now I'm planning a new story which will be a bit more complex--taking many more pictures with a lot more characters.  I also have an after story party if anyone is interested in this mini chapter.  Just let me know.  

Thanks for all the feed back and comments.  I really appreciate it.  It's been really fun writing my first story and am excited for more to come.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: