Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:35:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question of Compatibility...  (Read 1527 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
quillian91

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2007, 11:46:53 am »

My mom needs to use our current computer for work, and I'm a rather horrible computer hog. The sims 2 wont run on this computer or will any other game really (Too slow).

So, my mom and I came to the conclusion that I could get my own laptop. Now the one we are looking at is an HP. I am wondering if the laptop will work with the sims 2 and expansion packs, or if it will cause problems.

I really want a computer that can actually play my games, for once, so If you could let me know. it will come with Windows Vista.

Heres the computer info:::

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8404194&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050028&id=1180743304575

Just take a look at that and let me know please!!!! I need to make a decision soon, so fast replies are appreciated!

Thanks!

-Q
calimerina66

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 05:43:31 pm »

I'm not an expert, but nobody else seems to reply...
Ok officially TheSims2 doesn't support laptops. But i do have a laptop and it works. It is just very slow loading the game (25 minutes!) but i have a lot of cc. Vista requires more memory than XP but you have 2 Gb so you don't have to worry. If there will be any problems, it will be with the graphic card. Other people have the same video card and Vista and ts2 seems to work. Please read this post: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=35434
Anyway it seems to be a good and powerful laptop and if you can buy only a laptop you can try it!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:02:49 pm by calimerina66 » Logged
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:47 pm »

I have both Uni and NL on my laptop (with XP, not Vista) and but my load time is 12 minutes.  I think your only issue will be what calimerina66 addressed, the graphics card.  You have to watch what you load in terms of high poly count, so for example, I like BlooM's sexy feet, but will not put it in my game.
tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:27:44 am »

I've run the Sims 2 on two refurbished laptops. They worked better than the computer I am on now. But, as I said, they were not new. I will assume that it will work well on that laptop, but sometimes laptops don't work that well. So, I bid you adieu and good luck!

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:31:47 am »

I have an hp laptop that's pretty much the same, save for a larger screen size and the graphics card is the nVidia Go 7600, rather than the 6150 in the one you're looking at getting.

I got this laptop for pure portability, so I could do my writing and some playing whenever I visit my mother for a few days or travel back and forth to work on the train. To be honest, I was disappointed, to say the least. I was hoping for something at least comparible to my pc before I had it upgraded, but it was nothing close. Vista is a hog, pure and simple, and if you have alot of eps, you won't get much in the way of being able to customize the graphics options in game.

Needless to say, I took the sims off the laptop and stick to playing it on my pc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: