Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 06:15:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims stories  (Read 6181 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JBfashions

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2007, 11:17:51 pm »

Does anybody know how to make custom content for the sims life stories? People keep leading me to sites like this that only give me customs for the sims2 and nothing for sims life stories! IT'S ANNOYING ME!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:43 am »

the reason people keep "leading" you to sites with content for Sims 2 is because there is no custom content sites for Life Stories yet as far as I know. You download cc for sims 2 base game and use it in life stories. Read the stickies up top and good luck.
FalseZen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:29:04 pm »

Your forgetting about the Life Stories site! It does have a few objects just for Life Stories.

http://sims.yahoo.com/downloads/lifestories;_ylt=AlvZnj74bZueh.eX4QQWsZSEvMsh

JBfashions - When downloading stuff for Life Stories, stick to TS2 based stuff.  Nothing that needs expansions. I have it, and almost nothing that requires an expansion pack works.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:15:19 am »

yes that is true, however there is only like 5 things. there is no site like MTS2 or Insimenator, that I can find, that makes specific content for Life Stories. One can use, like you state, content made for the base game or content made on a new mesh (some of them). You can use Simpe or Simpe Wizards to recolor base game objects, if you know which ones are base game, to use in Life stories and you can use Body shop to recolor hair, makeup, eyebrows, clothes etc. and trial and error will let you know which ones will work in the game. You move these recolored objects into your downloads folder in Life Stories. Objects on Paladin's website seem to all work in the game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:15:57 am by amc462000 » Logged
Pixykid99

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:29:50 am »

Simpe wizards wont work when i try to recolor my objects. Whatta I do?

:lurk:Pixy!:chainsaw:
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

You have to open up the main SimPE program; click on Extras then choose preferences; go to File Table tab. Un-check all the Sims 2 EPs and stuff packs. Check whichever Sims Stories you have. Click OK. In Object Workshop, click Start. Choose the Sims Stories items you want to recolor. However, when you save the recolor (and you won't be able to do everything you want) do not save it to your regular Sims 2 download folder. Save it to the downloads folder in your Sims Stories game. If you are not familiar with SimPE, maybe you can use Wizards of SimPE instead. After you change the settings as indicated above in SimPE, close it and open up Wizards and see if you want is available to recolor. That is all I know.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:43:14 am »

Almost all of the mods/custom TS2 skins that I tried from both InSim sites & MTS2 work.  I've found when they didn't it was usually because I had not loaded the mesh or the mesh updates and skins in the right order, or something like that.

Ironically none of the dl on the sims lifestories website work for me. Including the welcome packs.

Smiley Thanks so much for explaining how to start with SimPE. I'm going to try that Wizard.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:50:01 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: