Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:20:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Bodyshape Tops  (Read 5968 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:20:18 pm »

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I am having problems being able to see and use any sizes above 34A in the tops. Meaning: I can only see 34A tops. It shows the default white top in the other sizes. I have followed the organized list by themysticalone and downloaded all the top size meshes and tops. I was wondering if anyone can take a look at my list of sizes and meshes and see if I am missing anything.

Excuse the dates on some and none at the bottom. I copied it from modlist and deleting all those dates would have just been too much. I'm lazy like that. Sometimes. :?

But anyways....I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

ETA: It does show the blue/white, green/white and pink/white Jersey Tops in all sizes.

* MyBodyshapeList.txt (116.91 KB - downloaded 366 times.)

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 08:39:07 am »

Hmm, well it looks like the meshes are there for all the various sizes... it really doesn't make any sense that you could see the A's and not the other sizes, they're all made and used the same way.  I'm stumped, unless I'm overlooking something.  Maybe try sorting things out into separate folders for each size, so it's easier to see if everything is where it should be.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:31:43 am »

Unless TMO used the same 34 a mesh/outfit setup for all others?(maybe without linking them?)
Cant imagine, nobody would be able to see the others then, not even TMO himself..
Were can i all download them?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:35:23 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:24:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm stumped. I can see everything fine in mine...

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 01:53:14 pm »

InvaderC1: If it was corrupt, as I've dealt with in the past, I wouldn't have been able to extract the file from the Rar. After I did the above things. I took all the meshes out, then the skins and replaced the meshes. I even went back to where they are just to make sure I had everything. Then I put the skins back in.

ETA: Ok, this is odd. They cannot be in a subfolder of another folder. I had them in a HiResBodyshop folder inside another folder called Clothing and Hair. I had put them in seperate folders by size, but left the folders in the Clothing and Hair folder (not in the HiRes folder). I moved the sized folders to the Downloads, and now I can see them. But that messes up my organized folder...LOL!!! Oh well, I'm going to move all Bodyshape sized to their own folder because I can't see the Rio sizes. I figured I was having the same prob with those as with the bodyshape size issue. If I can fix that, I should be able to fix Rio too.

Thanks to you all.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:38:06 pm by PiperK1980 » Logged

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 04:23:37 pm »

Oooh yeah, the game will allow subfolders to the Downloads folder, but you can't go any deeper than that.  Fortunately you can make as many subfolders as you like... I have a lot, as you can imagine Cheesy

themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 04:56:37 pm »

That's odd.... all my stuff is in Downloads\Bodyshap\Bodyshape Clothing\Adult A (or B or C...) and Downloads\Bodyshap\Bodyshape Meshes and works fine.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 05:44:44 pm »

Hmm, maybe it depends on the EP you have... although I never tried going any deeper than one level, always assumed it wouldn't work.  Nightlife introduced the subfolders, one of the later ones may have added more.

themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 05:54:55 pm »

I feel like I've always gone deeper, but then I got OFB almost right after I got NightLife, maybe I just had too narrow of a window to notice.

In any case, if this fixes it for him, Awesome!

Fodi is my comic.
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 05:33:35 pm »

Ok, with them in a seperate folder in Downloads, I could see everything so I put them their own folder by size. 34A in 34A Folder....etc, etc. Now I can't see the tee's. I can see the long sleeved tops. I even tried putting them back in the same folder when they worked from post #6. I can now see Rio sizes.

I've included a text file of the sizes. They are seperated by size to better see what could be my problem. I must have deleted something. I could see them before, but not now? If anyone see's anything missing please let me know. I have all EP's and SP's if that helps.

* BodyshapebySize.txt (60.18 KB - downloaded 327 times.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:38:09 pm by PiperK1980 » Logged

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 02:38:07 am »

I found that I could not subfolder items too much in my downloads folder because things would not show up in bodyshop or the game. I waisted a whole day going through files and matching them up (mesh and recolors) just so things didnt show up.

I read an article at MTS2 saying it was fine to put bodyshop items in your saved sims folder.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU12

Now I keep almost all sims bodyshop items in my saved sims folder. It might be me but my game loaded faster once I done this. Very few exceptions are kept in the downloads folder. You can not have subfolders in the saved sims folder.

I use Delphys download organiser to look for missing files. You can use it to scan both downloads and saved sims folders.

Heres the link for the program.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Delphy%27s_Download_Organiser

Good Luck
CC
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 02:33:56 pm »

I have all sizes in their own folder in the Downloads. They are not subfoldered anymore than that. When I first put them in, they were in Downloads/Downloaded Today/Hi-Res. After not being about to see any tops, I moved them to Downloads/Hi-Res. THEN I could see them. I sorted them by size and moved them to Downloads/34A, Downloads/34C....and so on, but couldn't see them in game. I moved them back to Downloads/Hi-Res and now I can't see any short sleeve shirts.

I have Delphy's proggie and when I scan for orphans and such there are sooooo many files, I'm not sure what to do. I know I can't possibly have THAT many missing meshes. I backup my downloads once a mth to disc. I went through my backup (I make one once a mth) to find the missing meshes, but when I tried to put them in the downloads folder it always asked me to overwrite. It was there, but the proggie thought not.

The only clothes I can not see are the bodyshape short sleeve tops. Sorry so long. I thought a better explaination to what I did might help.

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: