Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 01:00:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With Flashing Red Objects and Deleting Things in the Downloads Folder  (Read 1665 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
amysparkles
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:25:13 pm »

hello!  i have two questions for you helpful bunch!

1.  i have two houses with flashing red objects in them when i'm at the neighborhood screen.  i know they're caused by moved or deleted items in my downloads folder, but i don't know how to delete them because my computer freezes/crashes when it's loading either of those lots.  i don't know what the objects are either - is there a way to fix this problem?

2. while backing up my files last night, i realized i had somewhere around 15GB of downloads.  it takes me about 20-30 minutes to fully load my game [from clicking on the icon to entering a lot] and i'm running out of things to do while i'm waiting so i want to delete as much as possible.  BUT my files are extremely unorganized and i can't differentiate between the objects/sims/features i'm using and the ones i'm not.  is there a way to get a visual of an object/sim/feature outside of the game if the only information i have to go on is the file name?  alternately, is there a way to find out which files i'm actually using in the game [objects/sims/features that are on lots]?

3.  will decreasing the size of my downloads folder make the game run [not load] faster?  or is my game slow because my lots have too many things on them?

any help is appreciated!  please and thank you!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:11:37 pm »

1. If it makes your game crash, the best would be to bulldoze those lots since you do not rememeber which items are missing on that lot and cannot put them back.

2. You can use Delphy download organizer tool. With it, you can scan your download folder and it will tell you if you have orphan cc or duplicate files (like missing a mesh or a mesh without any recolors). You can also sort all your downloads by type with it, a very useful tool. It will also help you organize your stuffs by category since you can move stuff from folder to subfolder or subfolder to subfolder.  You can get it here:  Delphy's Download Organiser

3. It should definetely help on loading time, as for playing time it might not unless many of the stuff you delete were used by sims.  I suggest once you are done deleting all you want to go in c:mydocuments/eagame/thesims2 folder and delete the groups.cache file and the cigen.package, that last one will only appear if you use bodyshop.

One last thing.  Welcome to Insim. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:21:12 pm by MissDoh » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 02:26:09 pm »

kipedo that is most likely the case - try updating your video card's drivers; if this doesn't solve it, then you will either need to uninstall the EP that you most recently installed -OR- get a better video card

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:50:51 am »

When I make a family in TS2 sometimes when its loading the neighborhood the family will be posing but there will be a red pentagon around them. I found this rather strange and after 2 years of playing... annoying. |:-(

alice is love .:twilight:.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: