Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:50:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: **The Tragedy of Lilith B. Pleasant** ~ Updated 6/12 - Chapter Two: Part Six  (Read 94983 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2007, 10:43:46 am »

Finally! All the server issues are resolved and I wrote my first novel ever (If anyone was interested in the beta read, here it is), and now I am free for Lilith.

@vickylougrl: I only got a few "update please" e-mails from here, but I was talking about going back and forth with my webhost. The site was down for close to a day and I use for about a half a dozen things, so it was a really big problem, especially since I pay for the service.

A note to all: The story-to-image ratio is getting kind of ridiculous on my part, so in the future, I will try to take more pictures to go along with what I have written. The story is also starting to shift a bit and I just want to reiterate that this is The Tragedy of Lilith B. Pleasant. Wink

Without further ado....

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 10:44:31 am »

Chapter Two (Part 4): Troubled Teen Years

Time moved forward in the Pleasant household though little had changed. Mary-Sue and Daniel still slept in the same beds, yet on the farthest sides of the bed and kept conversation to a minimum when they were not both delving into their own careers. Angela used success as her defense mechanism to the troubles at home and progessed to new academic and social heights. By the time she and Lilith entered their last year of high school, she had claimed the crown for Homecoming Queen, become captain of her varsity volleyball team and was well on her way to achieving class valedictorian at the school year's end.
Lilith, too, kept her focus away from her home. With Dirk at her side, she became nothing short of sty on the eyes of the Pleasantview populace. She and Dirk stole anytime they wanted, regardless if they needed anything and used their evenings to plan more devious machinations on the town. Their greatest feat was beheading the paper machee statuette that was created for Angela's Homecoming float just minutes before the parade, and, though no one held any evidence that could prove it, they had also held up a liquor store just to see if it could be done.

Eventually, Lilith found herself spending more time in juvenile detention than at school or home and which also meant time spent time away from Dirk. Each time they were caught, they were sent to separate detention centers and could only talk to one another for minutes at a time every other day. After an incident involving eighteen cans of spray paint, Lilith and Dirk did not see or hear from one another for a month. Lilith, having developed something nearing a friendship with Officer Briggs after being constantly brought home for truancy, was let out of the detention after only three days. Dirk received close to a month.
Throughout Dirk's longest incarceration yet, Lilith could only find snippets of time to talk to him as Daniel and Mary-Sue had point-blank refused to get her a cell phone, the money from the liquor store heist was tainted and Angela spent hours on the house phone instead of her cell simply because she was privy to Lilith's plight. When she was able to talk to Dirk, she noticed a change in everything from the words he said to his demeanor in general. He spoke constantly about the programs available for kids like him who did not have the best of upbringings and talked about the "help" with school work he was getting from tutors. To her complete surprise, he even mentioned the thought of going to college, an idea neither had considered, thinking that college was simply a breeding ground for people like Angela.

When he was finally sent home, Dirk appeared to be a completely different person. He still looked and dressed the same, but was a definite shift in his personality that became more profound during his first few days out of juvenile detention. Lilith sometimes found herself bored by his constant descriptions of all the things he had learned from tutors while in detention and how he thought the world held a wealth of opportunities for the pair of them. Lilith had wanted everything to go back to normal between the two of them once he got out, but more and more often, Dirk said and did things reminiscent of Angela. He had an inquistive look in his eye in regards to anything relating to math and art and much to Lilith's annoyance, he began to take her to art galleries to just stare at the artwork which he had recently learned to appreciate.
At one point, she even had to remind him of their plans of a future together when he dropped a question out of the blue.
"What are you planning to do after high school?" he asked.
Lilith stared at him for a long time, hoping that he was only semi-serious. "We're supposed to be getting married. Remember?"
"Oh...well, yeah, but what about other than that? I mean, we can't go on heisting convenience stores, right?"

But, the question left her uneasy at best, almost as much as a new friend he had met while in detention. Allison Holland was new to Pleasantview and volunteered to tutor "disadvantaged" kids in juvenile detention. Lilith and Dirk spent a few evenings hanging out with Allison and her older brother, but lilith was bored almost instantly. While Allison seemed nice enough, she had an air about her that suggested she thought she knew what was best for people and often offered to help "fix" Lilith's appearance. The fact that Allison had once called her "Angela" did not help Lilith warm to her either.
Dirk's new friend notwithstanding, Lilith still looked at Dirk with stars in her eyes and even indulged his newfound enjoyment for school and things like Scrabble and chess. She soon saw an improvement to her grades and Mary-Sue used the fact to aggrandize Angela's tutoring efforts as ingenious, though Angela had long since abandoned Lilith for her own scholastic endeavours.

"You should be happy," Mary-Sue would say. "Your sister has pulled out all stops to bring up your miserable grades."
The suggestion that it was Angela, and not Dirk, who had helped her, aggravated Lilith to no end.
"Would you just stop already! Your precious Angela hasn't done anything for me!"
"She's the reason you may actually graduate!"
"No, she isn't. The boy you people refused to let me see is the only one who has done anything for me. He cares about me and whether or not I do well in school, unlike you and Daniel."
"I don't know why I even bother with you! I just wanted to give you the only compliment you've ever deserved and you're just screaming for no reason."
"I'm not screaming for no reason! I'm screaming because I'm just as much your daughter as Angela and you treat her like she's plated in gold! Why!"
"Because you're nothing but an ingrate and shouldn't have been born. Just get out of my sight and go to your room!"
Lilith was ready to strike her mother. "Don't tell me what to do! You should be spending less time bothering me and more time trying to piece together you marriage!"
Before Mary-Sue could retaliate again, Lilith tore from the house to spend the night at Dirk's with his crazy father. That night, Mary-Sue cried herself to sleep as Lilith's words echoed in her head.

When she and Daniel had taken time to speak to one another, he reiterated that there was nothing going on between him and the maid, but Lilith knew better. The sparkle in his eyes when he stared at her had long since left and with each day that passed, Mary-Sue became more and more certain of Daniel's infidelity.
"They'll break up for sure when she finds out," Angela said standing in Lilith's doorway. She had taken to standing the doorway to vent her frustrations about their parents, much to Lilith's displeasure. "It's only a matter of time at this point. I can see it now: Mom will come home and then she'll catch Daddy and that woman and then everything will be ruined."
"Well, everything's never been all peaches for me anyways. Anyways, I'm sure she'll let him stay just out of habit even if she does catch him at something."
"No, she won't," Angela argued. "Mother's a strong woman. She won't allow that."
"A strong pain in my ass."
"Why don't you care about your family!"
"I don't have to. They're just your family. Go away. I've already told you, I don't care."
"Yes, you do," Angela said. "You would care if it happened to you."
"It's not going to happen to me."
"If that boy you like cheated on you, you'd be on your knees and crying your eyes out."
Angela's last comment had her dodging the flying boot Lilith had thrown toward the door and she did not bother Lilith again for the rest of the night.

The next day, Mary-Sue came home from the office early and frustrated. Despite all of her valiant efforts, Congressmen Michaels was not going to be re-elected to another term and to make matters worse, her car axel had broken, causing a multi-car pileup on the expressway to bring the perfect end to an already miserable day.
Daniel's car shined in the driveway directly next to Kaylynn's van and a light calm came over her.
"Well, it's almost time for the girls to come home," she thought. "Surely, he would not try something when he knows they'll be home soon. Maybe he was telling the truth."
She stepped through the front door to find the house oddly quiet. When she called out "Hello?" to see if anyone was home at all, her only response was a hissed whisper, "Quick! Get out!"

Mary-Sue ran toward the bedroom she and Daniel had shared for years and let out a howl of a scream.
"YOU!"
Pain ripped through her as she stared at Daniel and Kaylynn's half nude forms shifting out of her bed. Images flashed through her mind of the first kiss she shared with Daniel, exchanging vows of forever and all eternity, and the day she first learned that they were going to become parents at long last. After all their troubles with Lilith and joys with Angela, Daniel lay before her, in their bed, with the help.
Moments later, all inhibitions wiped from mind, Mary-Sue threw herself at Kaylynn and hit, bit and scratched at every orafice within reach. Though rage cascaded over her, time had taken its toll on her body and Kaylynn's twenty-six-year-old frame easily trumped Mary-Sue' s, but not before she managed to drag Kaylynn, still half-dressed, out the door and down the steps, throwing her maid's uniform and belongings after her.
Mary-Sue then turned her rage toward Daniel. "You! I trusted you!"
"I'm sorry..." Daniel said, cowering under her rage.

He pleaded with her for more than an hour as she berated him over and over and over again. The moment they had stepped off the bus from school, Lilith and Angela heard the raucus and ran into the house to see Mary-Sue screaming at Daniel. Angela burst into immediate tears at the sight, but Lilith, feeling that they had received their just rewards, fell into a fit of laughter.
"P-Please, Mary-Sue," Daniel pleaded with open arms. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I was weak."
Yet, his cries fell onto a hardened heart.
"Get out!" Mary-Sue yelled. "Get out now! I never want to see you again. You can go live with your whore!"
"But, my whole life is here. Please! I never meant for this to go so far! I just want to make a fresh start!"
"You can make a fresh start with your whore!" Mary-Sue yelled and pointed toward the door. Go!"
With a heavy heart, Daniel packed his things and left the house in which he had raised his perfect Angela, and then Lilith, to live with Kaylynn on the other side of town.
"Please take him back, Mom!" Angela cried after Daniel had gone. "I'm sure he didn't mean it and he sounded like he was geniunely sorry."
Mary-Sue would only shake her head. "I don't want him in my house."
"She'll cave," Lilith said once Mary-Sue had retreated to cry in her now empty bedroom. "He'll be back because she's weak and she'll cave."
"God, I hate you," Angela seethed. "I can't believe you laughed at them."
"It was funny! They spent all this time pushing me down as low as I could go and their marriage fell apart in the meanwhile. I think it's funny as hell."
Angela glared at her sister, and for the first time ever, she ran away from home to spend the night at Dustin's house.

Days turned into weeks and before anyone knew what had happened, a month had passed since Daniel's departure. Mary-Sue cried openly for her broken marriage and Angela, much to Lilith's delight, spent an exhorbant time away from the house, especially after noticing Mary-Sue drafting divorce papers in her office. Lilith viewed the entire event with the annoyance held with constantly bickering children.
Two months to the day that Mary-Sue had come home to find Daniel in bed with another woman, Daniel came home from his retirement party to a surprise of his own. At first, it seemed a mistake.
"How can this be?" he kept asking himself, but he knew the answer before the question had left his lips.
Kaylynn did to him with a young, green-eyed medical school student, exactly what he had done to his wife of thirty years.
"How could you do this to me!" Daniel screamed at Kaylynn, who could only respond with "I...I don't know..."
Dumbfounded and heartbroken, Daniel left the small apartment and returned to the only place he called home. He confronted the old house on his hands and knees and begged Mary-Sue to allow him back home.
"I want to see Angela graduate and I want to see her off to school," he pleaded. "Please. Let me spend these last few months with her in our house."
Mary-Sue's eyes bored into his, yet she finally sighed and opened the door wide enough to him let him back into the house.
"This doesn't mean anything for us," she reminded him. "I just don't want you sleeping on our front door step and giving the neighbors something to talk about."

"With Don Lothario?" Angela said, speaking to her father with a slight smile on her face, just happy that he was home. "Ooh! He's hot."
Daniel glared at her, and she quickly responded, "Think of the bright side. It could've been just anybody, but it was Don Lothario."
"That's not comforting," Daniel said with red eyes.
Though Daniel had moved back into the house, he and Mary-Sue no longer shared a bed and the living room became his makeshift bedroom.
"Why doesn't he just get an apartment and live like a normal, single divorcee?" Lilith asked one day after watching pausing by the television in front of which Daniel slept soundly.
Angela crossed the room and shoved Lilith angrily. "Maybe because he still wants to be with his family! Maybe because he cares about us!"
A fight ensued, which Lilith quickly won, and with a flip of her hair, she stormed from the house. "I told you!" she yelled as she left. "You're just mad because I was right!"
"I'm just mad because you don't care about anyone, but yourself!" Angela screamed from the front door. "You won't care until this happens to you!"
Lilith gave her sister the finger and laughed as she ran towards Dirk's house.
"It's never going to happen to me," she thought. "I love Dirk and he loves me...and always will."

Next Part
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:28:04 pm by kaitco » Logged

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2007, 12:42:51 pm »

riiiiight:Huh?:... i can see it coming. the tutor, right?

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »

Great update!  Lillith is as bitter as you could expect.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2007, 12:49:20 pm »

Great update!  Daniel had it coming, he really did.  What goes around comes around.  I have a really bad feeling about Dirk and Allison, though.  I can't help but feeling Lilith's last line is foreshadowing something.  I hope Lilith comes out okay in the end.  Looking forward to more.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Rekaboo93

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2007, 03:20:11 pm »

I really like this story. please write more!

Being a [sim] mother is the best thing in the world!
nikki.g

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2007, 05:07:06 am »

Quote from: jjsmith;968367
i can see it coming. the tutor, right?

i definetly agree with jjsmith please dont hurt Lilith anymore i feel so very sorry for her she doesnt deserve it!!! But other wise AWSOME story. Keep 'em coming!!!:D

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality i accept!
[/SIZE]
jojoryanmadden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »

Aaah yet another wonderful update.
I love the update,
Daniel had it coming and i cant help but feel bad for lilith. I can see and understand her pain and i just wished Angela wouldent be such a bitch.
Love the story and looking forward to the next update!

Check out:
*~>Jojo's Hood<~*
R.I.P.
[/SIZE]
Tupac Amaru Shakur
[/COLOR]
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2007, 08:45:10 pm »

great update..... i hope this story wont turn into what i think itll be....
::hopes for a happy ending:: maybe.

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
simfreakkristen

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2007, 10:54:58 am »

NO! I am not allowing you to let Lilith find Dirk and Allison kissing or something.

:welcome: She's here! Iris Delilah Jones. (I know it's kind of stupid to name a baby partly after a Sim story, but I love Banished!!)
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2007, 11:16:04 am »

Wow! Sorry peeps! I admit I totally forgot all about Lilith!

October was a really rough month for me personally and simming was the last thing on my mind. Into November, I was trying to get my book going and that pushed Lilith and co. even farther back from the forefront. I have only now been looking at my website stats and saw that I had all these images linking from here, then I remembered my story. Sorry...

Seeing as how this week I have two papers to write for school, I cannot promise I can make an update too quickly, but I am gunning for next Thursday.

Again, sorry for the lack of updates...

Insomya

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23:59 am »

I
feel
kinda
sorry
for
Angela.
Spoilt
brat,
yes,
but
that's
not
really
her
fault.
Is
it?
Sorry
for
long
broke
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2007, 03:18:54 pm »

I cant wait!!....I love this story!!...its great!!!..keep em acoming!!

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
Darkwolf92

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2007, 11:28:45 pm »

OH MAN!!! That was Sweet!! But dont let Dirk cheat on her...Noooooooooo!!!! LOL Great Story...awesome story. And Lilith is one of my favorite sims in the game. =)
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2007, 12:02:30 pm »

i need more of my sims to cheat on each other i forgot how funny it is Cheesy

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: