Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:42:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: **The Tragedy of Lilith B. Pleasant** ~ Updated 6/12 - Chapter Two: Part Six  (Read 94989 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2008, 01:41:01 am »

'Lo all!

No! I'm not dead after all; just rather busy and a little stunted creatively as far as this story is concerned. Outside of having a few bits of writer's block and spending a month getting my game in working condition again after installing FreeTime, I had to take a whole month away from ALL extracurricular fun to focus on school and follow my sims in graduating from a university...(insert more lame excuses)...but all that said, I'm back! And, for the record, I am very much a she/her.

This is the last part of Chapter Two and is rather depressing, but there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Though I feel I must press (and press hard) that this is supposed to be a tragedy, Lilith will experience some happiness soon. I am not completely evil. Smiley

And so, for those of you who still care at this point....

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2008, 01:41:39 am »

Chapter Two (Part 6): Troubled Teen Years

"Look, we're just going in different directions. When we were in the park the other day, it finally dawned on me that we aren't the same people we used to be. I mean...I've been doing so much better in school that I actually have a shot at going to college, but you don't seem to want to go anywhere with me."
"What are you talking about?" she said. "We were fine just the other day. I thought you said you wanted to start over."
His eyes fell to the ground. "I don't know how to say this, but...I've been talking to some friends of mine and...well, Lilith, I just don't think this is going to work out."
She felt her eyes burning, but she looked toward the navy sky in hopes of keeping the tears at bay. "How long have you felt this way?"
"A while. A long while actually, but I just didn't know how to say it to you."
She turned away from him. Despite all her efforts, tears had escaped her eye brims and she did not want to let him see her cry.

"Lilith," he said touching her shoulder, but she shrugged his hand off of her.
"Don't touch me."
"Please don't be like that. I still want us to be friends."
She clenched her hands, but still kept her back to him. "Friends? Friends like that Allison girl?"
"Let's not bring her into this," Dirk said. "It's not her fault that we grew apart."
"Grew apart!" Lilith yelled as she turned to face him. "What the hell do you mean grew apart? Don't you know that you're the only thing that's given me any hope? You know what life is like in my house. You know my sister. How can you say this to me?"
He only blinked at her and at that, she allowed the tears freely stream down her face.
"I'm sorry," he said finally. "I don't know what else to say."
"What about me, Dirk? What about me! How am I suppose to live without you?"
He stared at the ground and began to leave. "I don't know. You'll figure it out."

The next few weeks went by in a torrent of tears and depression. Days had gone by where Lilith would not even get out of bed and instead, spent the day staring at the ceiling in her bed room and thinking about Dirk. Many times she would find the strength to stare at the telephone wanting to call, but something between pride and anger kept her from doing anything more than dialing the first six numbers and hanging up the phone.
Angela's insults and the constant bickering of her parents did nothing to Lilith's mood. At any other point in time, the rush of Angela's laughs about seeing Dirk and Allison together around town would have sent Lilith into a tizzy of rage, but without the thought of being with Dirk any longer, she simply let the harsh words fall against her with no reaction.

Daniel and Mary-Sue began new sets of arguments when Lilith came home with a notice from her truant officer that said the parents were due in court to explain their daughter's actions. Mary-Sue accused Daniel of starting Lilith's spiral when he first confronted Dirk. Daniel, taking any side that was not Mary-Sue's blamed his ex-wife for not being more understanding of their "other daughter." Neither parent concerned Lilith any longer. There was nothing else that could be said or done.

May came into Pleasantview very suddenly and with it came no ease to Lilith's depression. Aside from catching Dirk and Allison on what was once "their" bench during one of her long, aimless walks, Lilith watched as the college acceptance letters came in from around the country for Angela.
"We're so proud of you," Mary-Sue said as she pulled Angela into a hug.
The letter from the Simvard University, the nation's highest ranking undergraduate school, had come in the mail claiming not only Angela's acceptance, but also her full-ride scholarship to the school.
Lilith watched with a heart that could take no more trauma as Mary-Sue and Daniel came together to fawn over their child and went to her room to cry on the floor. Her eighteenth birthday was nearing, but she was all alone. Angela was going off to college, as was Dirk, and Lilith knew that soon she would be out of high school and left with nothing. Everything that Angela had said was about to come true.

As night fell, Lilith pulled herself to her knees and prayed for the first time in her life. She did not know to whom she was praying, but she was just trying to obtain some sense of hope or peace; something that would give her reason to think the future would bring some peace to her tragic, young life.
Tears came harder as time passed and just when Lilith was ready to give up, she heard a sound from her door.
Angela was in the corner of the room...laughing.
"You are too much," Angela said. "I told you that boy of yours was cheating on you, but you didn't believe me. I told you, you'd never amount to anything. You didn't believe me and here you are, on your knees and crying for something that's never going to happen. Why don't you just do the world a favor and go drown yourself in the pool."

To Angela's surprise, Lilith did nothing but pull herself up and into her bed. Angela, fully expecting an onslaught of fisticuffs from her twin, stared in awe at the now sobbing person who had once shared an egg with her.
That night, Lilith's tears poured from her eyes and did not stop. Not when she rose in the morning, not when she was sent home from school in the afternoon, not when she put herself to bed again. At times, she would simply stop mid-step and allow the tears to fall, yet her family still ignored her.

As the pain began to finally subside, Lilith's tears started to dry and, she made up her mind to do whatever she could to end high school on a positive note. She hit the books as she had once done with Dirk and tried to make up for lost time, but soon realized it was too little, too late. The day before their eighteenth birthday, Lilith appealed to her sister for help, but Angela, who spent her days beautifying herself without a shred of ethics or morality concerning those around her, scoffed at Lilith's request.
"Are you kidding me?" she said. "Help you? Honestly! I'm graduating in the top of our class in two weeks and I'm much too busy. And, even if I wasn't, I'm not lifting a finger for a reject like you. My time's too valuable and I know it'll just be wasted."
Lilith did not bother to respond.

The third of June came and left as a joyous celebration of an eighteenth birth and also accomplishment for Angela Pleasant who was showered with gift upon gift, from a brand new car to two thousand dollars worth of American Express gift cards to be used at her leisure. Mary-Sue and Daniel were so cheerful that it seemed like old times for them...and also Lilith. For her, the day was spent in the dry tub of the upstairs bathroom, the only room in the house that remained dark throughout the day and sufficiently filtered the buoyant noise from Angela's party downstairs. She did not want to see any of her family, who never bothered to congratulate her on pulling up her grades enough, in just one month, to graduate from high school, and Lilith was in no mood to deal with Angela's friends and admirers. With no Dirk to commiserate, she simply wanted to be left alone.

August came as quickly as May and June had come and gone and, with it, all noises throughout the house regarded Angela's preparation to leave home for school. Dorm accessories had been purchased and books had been gathered for her first term at school. The night before she left her happy childhood home, Angela noticed a figure lying on the sofa. Truth be told, she barely had had time to think about her twin throughout the summer, so when she saw Lilith on the sofa staring at the blank television, she was caught a bit off guard.
If Angela was a nicer person, she might have said some words of encouragement to Lilith at that moment. If Angela was a more sincere person, she might have asked for her sister to come visit her at school, in hopes that she might want to make something of herself. If Angela had even been a moral person, she might have acknowledged that if she was the one born six minutes later, she would have been the one who was hated and emotionally abused throughout her life. Yet Angela was not nice or sincere or moral, and snickered at the sight before her.

"It's just like I said," Angela laughed. "I'm with Dustin. That boy wised up and dumped you, and you're here all alone." With those last words, Angela left Lilith to her thoughts.
Sighing on the sofa, Lilith still stared at the blank television screen, but it was not a completely empty sigh. Though Angela's premonitions had come to fruition, Lilith thought she could see a vision of herself in the darkened TV set. She saw herself married to a man who loved her and with children she could raise in a happy, love-filled home.
She nodded to herself as she heard Mary-Sue and Daniel shower praise on the daughter they wanted.
"I'm going to leave this house," she thought to herself. "I'll find someone who loves me for me and I'll leave here...and I'll never look back."

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:46:09 am by kaitco » Logged

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

phishfood1301
The Shrink

I will shoot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:13 am »

finally! *jumps in happiness* I love your story!:worship:

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2008, 08:58:15 pm »

Yay, update!
2 thumbs up, golf clap, whatever you'd like.
I've got popcorn, if anybody wants some.
hanster

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2008, 03:06:01 pm »

ahh you're back at last!
i love this story
Cheesy
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2008, 07:33:52 pm »

oooo ill take some popcorn SecretAgent!
im so happy to finally see an update, great chapter.
It's about time for Lilith to leave the house, time to start a new life.

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2008, 11:27:04 pm »

Yay! I'm glad people are still interested in this story.

mpb4l1fe

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 08:31:01 pm »

Same here! Smiley
carlotavaldes

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »

Ah, come on, to be continued? I hate that line. Well I guess I can wait

Judy: If I let you change me, will that do it? If I do what you tell me, will you love me?
Scottie: Yes. Yes.
Judy: Fine. I'll do it I don't care anymore about me.
CLMeow

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2008, 02:47:34 am »

I can't wait to see the next installment.  Good job!
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2008, 03:14:28 am »

finally!! great update, but the tbc part is just a bit... annoying.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
cloudy_cml

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2008, 03:30:31 pm »

It's just awesome!! I started reading it today, and I just can't wait for the next chapter!
Poor Lilith... After reading this story, I sympathize her a lot, although I almost never I play this household.
Actually, in my households all the family's members are really closed to each other, with high carrier level and family balance, excellent students and with a lot of skills and badges. But I guess the perfect life stories are the most boring! =-)
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2008, 04:24:56 pm »

Quote from: cloudy_cml;1285249

Actually, in my households all the family's members are really closed to each other, with high carrier level and family balance, excellent students and with a lot of skills and badges. But I guess the perfect life stories are the most boring! =-)

Oh, you got THAT right.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2008, 04:19:15 am »

Angela needs to die, or at least get badly hurt and traumatized...seriously.

:blob6:
GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2008, 01:52:15 pm »

Quote from: CynaraBlade;1285679
Angela needs to die, or at least get badly hurt and traumatized...seriously.

Too true.Lilith should kill her...and her f***ing parents.:redface:

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: