Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:14:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: You have been playing the Sims 2 for too long...  (Read 141352 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
StJost

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2007, 12:06:08 am »

You Know You Play 'The Sims 2' Too Much When...

1. ...You're somewhat confused as to why you have to actually go looking for things instead of pulling them out from behind your back.

2. ...You get a letter that's not a bill, and you just look at it, wondering what to do next.

3. ...You accidentally set your kitchen on fire and instead of running for a pail of water or getting the kids out of the house, you stand dangerously close to said fire, jumping around and panicking.

4. ...You have a group of friends over, and you notice that they rush to the bathroom at once, all of them refusing to leave so another can finish their business.

5. ...You simply hang up on a friend halfway through a phone call because you figure your social must be all the way up by now.

6. ...You work on a painting, but can't seem to figure out what happened to your creativity progress meter.

7. ...Your friends ask you why you didn't dress up for Halloween, and you reply, "What are you talking about?  I'm an NPC."

8. ...You get a hair cut, realize you look awful in short hair, then complain loudly when they hairdresser says she can't just make it long again.

9. ...You rearrange your bedroom and think to yourself, "The bed's three tiles, so it can go against that wall..."

10. ...Your friends actually begin to understand what you say in Simlish because you do it ALL THE TIME.

11. ...You try going to MTS2 or InSIMenator for new clothes.

12. ...You step outside on a frosty winter day, jump in the air and do a spin, and your friends and family all laugh at you when you slip on the icy step and plummet onto the lawn.  After all, they've seen you do this at LEAST twenty times.

13. ...You're alarmed by the fact that you can't look at your relationship panel to see how people feel about you.

14. ...You go to a restaurant and ask them what the hunger fulfillment rating is for their stove.

15. ...People can easily blackmail you with the threat of uninstalling your game.

16. ...Your husband is convinced you are having an affair with some guy named "Mortimer."

17. ...After finding that all of your trash won't fit into the trash can, you simply leave it in a heap on the floor.

18. ...You try to make a recolor of your favorite jeans, only to remark to yourself, "Oh, that's RIGHT!  I can't just recolor these, I need to clone them for a new pair!"

Yeah...so I didn't have much to do tonight.  Hope at least one of these made you guys laugh!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:55:10 pm by DangermouseDavs » Logged

"Just help me out.  I'll help you around the house, I'll-I'll clean your rain gutters!"
"We don't have rain gutters."
"YOU'RE LYING!  EVERYONE HAS RAIN GUTTERS!"
StJost

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2007, 02:20:05 pm »

Quote from: fleeter;879169

3- you draw motives on your tummy

I LOVE that!  I think I'm going to hunt down my Sharpies and wait for my little brother to fall asleep!

"Just help me out.  I'll help you around the house, I'll-I'll clean your rain gutters!"
"We don't have rain gutters."
"YOU'RE LYING!  EVERYONE HAS RAIN GUTTERS!"
soundandfury
Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa!

WOOBIE DOOBIE WOOBIE DOOBIE SPA!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2007, 09:46:35 pm »

Quote from: midnightsnackcake;16955

- When you hum songs from the game.

I still sing that one commercial from the original Sims. . . it went "Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa! Woobie doobie woobie doobie SPAAAAA!!!!"

Man, that was catchy. Anyone else remember that one?

-When things aren't going your way, you wave your hands above your head and scream "I'm sonicking!!!" (Pretty sure that's what they said in the original. My friend and I both do that).

- When you have entire outfits based on sims' outfits. . . and feel like someone should get the joke when you wear them (I'm also guilty of this).

- When you learn to smustle. (Not me, but worth watching).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ACcvAG8FI I hope these girls don't mind me posting this. . . .

- When you honestly consider dressing up as Bella, Goopy, Mortimer, etc. for Halloween (you guessed it, guilty).

- When you want to meet new people and decide to order a pizza, or set the house on fire.

- When you talk to everyone who comes to your house (especially maids, firefighters, robbers, etc.) because you think their genes might be good for your legacy.

- When you're pressuring your six-year-old son to become best friends with the maid, because he's obviously your heir, and she's hot.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:16:13 pm by soundandfury » Logged

She wishes her boyfriend looked more like Noel Fielding. She wishes her boyfriend looked more like a girl.
She wishes her boyfriend had cheekbones that cut ya. It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world.
"Androgynoel" - FDA
sarajernigan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2007, 10:20:43 pm »

1. When you say forte night instead of goodnight.
2. When you wonder why you have to style your hair every day because it should already be styled automatically after sleeping, showering, and swimming.
3. When you physically see (or look up to the left hand of your vision and expect to see) every action you plan to do in the near future.
4. When you are angry at someone, you hold out your arms, make an x, imagine it's red and make flame noises if you are really angry...
5. If the person you did #4 to knows what the heck you are doing.
6. When you have a good interaction, you make a little plus sign (+) with your fingers and hold it over your head. If you have a really bad interaction with someone you hold out two fingers above your head as a --.
7. Are extremely jealous of your self sim and had to quit playing the family because their life was too good and it made you depressed.
8. When you think, wouldn't it be cool if my Sim could do that. And then proceed to frantically check every site for a hack of it and wish you knew how to create one (putting that as your new aspiration Smiley ).
9. When you have a Sim folder in My Favorites Site
10. When you have a back up of a backup of a backup of your download folder...just in case! (and store one in a fire proof lock box.)
11. When you install something and it messes up your game so you have to reinstall your back up game from 3 days ago and you've already made a new family since then.
12. When something bad happens you wish you could just not hit save, go back to the neighborhood, and re-enter your household.
13. When you have copied for yourself a hairstyle that you downloaded for your Sim.
14. When you get upset wishing the Try For A Baby and actually conceiving was so easy in real life.
15. When you pride yourself on not only knowing Sim dances, but also teaching your spouse so you can do the dances at the next party you attend.
16. When you have memorized the intro to the game and copy the actions of the Sims....or worse yet when you can do the actions without looking at the screen, just hearing the music. lol.
17. When you are worried about looking into a telescope because Mortimer Goth might come and pummel you for spying and make you cry.
18. When you avoid cheesecake if you think you are pregnant so you don't have twins.
19. When you constantly need more memory for your computer because of all the custom content you downloaded.
20. Instead of saying "I'm tired" you say "my energy bar is low"
21. When you buy a lap top and one of the tv trays that slide under the couch just so you can be comfy during your many hours of gaming or browsing for custom content.
22. You scream when you see anyone naked, even your spouse.
23. When the honest to goodness highlight of your day is when ReginaS posts a new Sim.

I am guilty of most of the above. Especially the last one. lol.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2007, 02:39:23 pm »

LOL That smustle video's awesome :laugh: Hey, why not mimic sim dances? They have better moves than I do Sad (Mind you, I have a lot of good dancers in my game ^_^)

No requests please
renagade 676

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2007, 06:00:04 pm »

You know when you've been playing The Sims 2 too long when....

You start comparing your "real life" kid's developement to your "sim" kids. Why is it taking SO LONG to potty train?!?!?

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
SusieSmacktard

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:44 pm »

You drive past a really bloated new McMansion and think, "wow, that lot would never run on my old computer".
Bloody_Tears

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2007, 10:13:45 am »

Those smustleing (sp?) girls frightened me. My boyfriend came back from the pub on Sunday and found me at the computer sobbing hysterically "she's dead!! Oh my god she's dead!" and was most peeved when he realised I wasn't talking about a "real" person but my most faveourite sim I ever made!

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds" Oppenheimer, taken from The Bhagavad Gita.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2007, 03:13:18 pm »

When you're chatting with a group of friends, and find yourself forming a picture in your mind of which aspiration/how many personality points to give them as sims :oops:

No requests please
soundandfury
Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2007, 06:25:57 pm »

Quote from: sarajernigan;933426

7. Are extremely jealous of your self sim and had to quit playing the family because their life was too good and it made you depressed.

What's even worse than that is when you introduce your mother to her sim grandchildren. She was a bit freaked out when I told her she had nine of them, but then I explained that that was between my self-sim married to my Chase Utley sim, and self-sim married to Fireman Sam. Since then, she's started asking me about her "sons in law" and "grandbabies." :-P

Quote from: Sadie79;955773
When you're chatting with a group of friends, and find yourself forming a picture in your mind of which aspiration/how many personality points to give them as sims :oops:

Most of my close friends play, so we discuss stuff like that sometimes. We did it at a party once. . . we probably had too much fun with that.

You know you've been playing sims 2 for too long when you've put off going to the grocery store for 3 hours to look at pictures of/talk about sims instead. I'm hungry.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:43:20 pm by soundandfury » Logged

She wishes her boyfriend looked more like Noel Fielding. She wishes her boyfriend looked more like a girl.
She wishes her boyfriend had cheekbones that cut ya. It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world.
"Androgynoel" - FDA
aimsme15me
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2007, 12:44:26 pm »

1. When you make yourself in the game and create actual clothing that you own for yourself.
2. When you think your life will be played out better in the sims but in turn your real, sorry life actually occurs instead.
3. When all your skill bars are full and you wonder why you still failed that test in chemistry.
- When you start comparing yourself to a sim.
- When all your sim's stuff looks better than yours.
- When you create a hack that lets you export things out of the game and into real life.
and I can go on forever....

Lol yeah- think I've done all of them. Except number two- my sim's life rocks, while mine... doesn't.

Oh yeah, and to that 'introducing your mother to sim grandchildren' thing, mine wasn't too bothered. Actually, she thought my sim kids were quite cute. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:49:54 pm by aimsme15me » Logged
soundandfury
Spa! Spa! Spa! Spa!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2007, 01:11:06 am »

- When you make yourself in the game and create actual clothing that you own for yourself.

Guilty! I spent an entire day making my clothes into clothes for my self-sim. Haha, and she doesn't even wear them anymore. I wish I had a picture of her wearing my Pepsi-on-acid shirt though. That one turned out amazing, if I do say so myself.

"Androgynoel" - FDA
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2007, 07:06:12 am »

LOL!  I need to post here.  I know that I've been playing too long when, I gesture, dance and have reactions just like my sims. When talking to people you consider what aspiration they are, and treat them in that respect. I catch myself all the time. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
indigoshadow

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2007, 04:29:36 pm »

You know you've been spending too much time when:

You wish you had never made yourself a sister in CAS
You wonder why you installed the university EP
You think that you can play every instrument on earth because you maxed out creativity
You wish that the little bar over your head would go away when your doing homework
You wish that getting a girlfriend was as easy as hitting control+shift+c, typing in a cheat and clicking on the relationship bar.
You start to convert your country's currency to simoleons
You wish you could mute the volume when your newborn starts crying
You wonder why little sound waves don't come from your phone when it rings
You are afraid that if you don't complete your aspiration you'll head for the nearest mop.
You realize that you hate your house so you use your computer to create a new one.

They're not safe for those with a weak stomach but you can find my stories here: http://writing.com/authors/indigoshadow

:smt104::yummy:
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2007, 05:00:41 pm »

I know i have been playing BonVoyage too long , when i go to help make dinner tonight and start siging the sea chanty song !

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: