Promotion related problems causing serious difficulties with LTW

(1/5) > >>

killertomatoes:
First I want to acknowledge the fact that I got such swift, constructive and abundant help from the wonderful moderators here and especially the one and only MissDoh that I decided to post my evergrowing problem about my sims not having any memories of being promoted plus rotating promotion icon no longer appears over their head on their return from work on the day they got a promotion. As you can assume this blows the chance of practically 3/4ths of sims in my neighborhood to achieve their ltws. I digged Simpe's forums yet couldn't come across a similar case. Guess this happened either while I was on a roll of deleting some clutter of memories or when I was struggling to find the missing sims (once I got errors in Simpe about 11 missing sims; I managed to clear 10 of them however (leading us to my second problem:)  within the process I managed to lose grim reaper and Mrs.Crumplebottom: now only scythe of the first and  purse of the latter are visible in the game, hence since Grim reaper cannot be ticked,  sims are no longer able to plead for love ones (LESSON FOR NEWBIES: NEVER PLAY AROUND WITH SYSTEM FILES UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING).
I tried to assign new LTW to some (i.e. 50 dream dates instead of becoming celebrity chef) this worked but I cannot assign the same ltw to everyone. Furthermore I tried to insert memory of being promoted and becoming celebrity chef on the day that the sim actually reached top of his career: yeah sim has the memory yet ltw is still not reached because it is done manually. So I am lost :sad1:and in desperate need for your valuable suggestions.
Thank you

MissDoh:
Killer tomato, I am sorry to say you played too much with simPe and there is no way to make it work.  By deleting the grim reaper and mrs. crumblebottom, you probably modified your objects.package file too, yikes!

If you have a back-up of it before you deleted all those memories use it, if not, you will have to delete that hood and start a new one.  You can extract the sims you want to keep with SimPe prior to deleting it.  But one thing you will need to do is uninstall and reinstall Seasons so you get a normal objects.package file back.

Squinge have many mods stopping some memories from happening like "no met subject" and "no mystery sims".  You can also clear unuseful memories using the FFS debugger.

killertomatoes:
Doesn't sound grim just catastrophic. Well I can't say I miss Mrs. Crumplebottom however grim Reaper I do. It may not have happened while delving into memories but through my blindfolded expedition of sorting missing sims by ID numbers shown in the error mssg box. I tried yet could'nt achieve at the time but still let me ask you: is it possible to retrieve the image of grim reaper from objects package of the original sims 2 and somehow replace the scythe with the full image cos other than being reduced to scythe he functions thoroughly(ehhm). Still now that I have hacked painting and Insimenator I am rather hoping that I will not be honored by his presence (wishful thinking? or no).
Well my more urgent problem is actually relevant to promotions.  I did not delete promotion memories. I just don't know what happened cos for instance dreamdate icon is missing as well, instead there is a green blank box that when pointed w cursor, reads "I had a dream date with so and so". Also when sims congratulate one another about having a dream date, a colorful scratch is visible in dialogue balloon instead of the relevant icon. I managed to destroy many other icons at the time however replaced icon file with that of original sims 2 so recovered those relevant to the original game (Now I don't even remember which file I copied and pasted over which cos I did all of this last year and apparently I am only able to retain recent memories_ I am a sad sad cupcake). By the way, I only have Nightlife ep. Well I'm not bothered anymore about the missing icons. However no automatic memory of being promoted sucks; how am I supposed to realise majority of my sims ltws now*sighs* Uninstalling and reinstalling will cause all mods and patches to be re-installed right? AGGRHH No No I rather throw my computer out of the window. So I'am going to live with it cos a lot has changed since last simpe backup I simply cannot go through that again. Isn't there a way of just copying objects file in the Nightlife installation game cd  and replacing the corrupted one  with that???. So you reckon I messed up the promotion mechanism while I nuked the icons. Snff* Sniff I think I'm going to cry now for a day or so" Thank you MissDoh as always you're a star.

MissDoh:
You could always try to get the original objects.package file from the cd and put in back in c:/programfiles/eagames/thesims2nightlife/tsdata/res/objects folder.

The memory lacking problem is related to that file being modified.

Thing is by placing the original one, I am not sure you will be able to patch the game again and have the new objects.package file coming with the patch therefore the reason I told you to uninstall and reinstall the latest ep you have.

Once you copy that objects.package file, make it a read-only one.  It will help having problems in the future and be very careful of what you do in SimPe.

You will have to use a back-up you made prior to changing the memories still because the problem will happen again if you do not do so.

The scartching bubbles is a sign of an unhealthy hood that is about to explode and being unplayed.  There is a fix for that though I think since you only have nightlife at the MATY site made by Pescado but it cannot repair what is already broken.  That problem is related with missing memories and it is almost impossible to found which one.

I am sorry but I think you are in a dead end right now.  Let's hope before you started to play with SimPe you kept a copy of your hood.

One last request, could you do more paragraph when you write about your problems, it is a bit hard to read.  Thanks.

miros1:
Since it looks like she's accidentally deleted stuff from objects.package, I'm thinking that needs repaired first...

1) Backup your hood as it is now.  
2) Reinstall NL.  I've forgotten the exact procedure.
3) See how much of your problems are fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page