Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 09:42:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: crashing and freezing  (Read 4544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kendra

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:44:23 pm »

I have a small problem, I just got a new 19 inch lcd monitor with the res. 1440-900 I think, I changed the setting in game. I make my sims, put them in a house, decorate it, but when I go to save, the game freezes and then crashes, my graphic card is a radeon 9250 and I have all the expansion packs I have more than enough memory to run the game just fine, it has never been a problem before, but now everytime I save, it's freeze then crash. Again the picture is beautiful with the lcd, but do I need to update my driver (directx) if so being that I have windows xp and radeon 9250, which one should I download. By the way I install all my custom content with clean installer.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:03:22 pm »

Is it just one house, or is this a problem with every house?

I upgraded my video card and all my flaky stuff went away except for one house, which promptly started crashing the game and rebooting the computer.  Had to evict my frat!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:45:14 am »

that I don't know, maybe I will move my family out of that house and try to save in another. But do you think that I should still update my video card.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 12:18:57 pm »

I've got the 9250 with a 19 inch lcd and have no problems with it.  I run with the resolution set at 1280x1040 though.  The resolution you are using looks like what a widescreen would use.  If your monitor isn't WS, try changing that.

Run dxdiag and attach the results if you still have the problem after changing resolutions.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:19:36 pm »

Okay so I updated my drivers, I haven't tested to see if it works yet, but hopefully this will stop my game from crashing and freezing. I don't have a option to change my res. in-game to 1280x1040, I have the 1280x1028 option.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:30:04 pm »

hehe, that's what i meant.  these fat fingers decided otherwise.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 11:40:52 pm »

Okay so I did all of the above and my game still crashes after two hours of play. I move my downloads folder out and still the game crashes after a while playing the game.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 08:28:48 pm »

PLEASE, does anyone know what I should do, or does anyone have any answers, or suggestions for me.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 04:52:54 pm »

SOMEONE pleaseeeee help me!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 05:38:57 pm »

did you try reinstalling?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kendra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 10:09:09 pm »

I manually uninstalled seasons and reinstalled it, but after three hours of play the game crashed again, It said application has crashed and will now terminate. Do you or any body out there think that it might be that my disk is dirty and needs to be cleaned, or maybe there is a scratch, but I don't see any, but just before it crashes the music in the game will repeat like a scratched record or a cd skip.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 10:34:20 pm »

The game only check the cd when it starts to make sure it is a valid copy of the game that you have, once in game, it never checks it again so for sure the cd is NOT the problem.

I am wondering if your videocard is not overheating after awhile and it makes your game crash.  Try to check if the fan on it does work properly.

Open your computer, clean it up, and try to play without the casing to see if it can help in any way.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 11:35:30 pm »

Go into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs and look for an exception file. It should be titled something like "Sims2Exception 2007.08.18" (or whatever date you played last and got the error message). Open it up, and copy and paste into a message in this thread the information after "Exception Code" (should be the second line down). Depending on what that code is, someone may be able to give you a hand.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:38:14 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

kendra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 10:32:06 pm »

I am not that good with computers, so I don't know how to do what you(caffeinated,joy) told me to do, I found the log file and the exception code,I copied it but, I do not know how to paste it here.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:03:26 am »

Just highlight the code, right click and select "copy". To paste it into a new message, just right click and select "paste" or hit ctrl+v on your keyboard.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: