Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:54:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: too large sim2pack file  (Read 2166 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tanenen

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:38:47 am »

I ve made a sim by bodyshop & its of tremoendous size even after compressing it is of 88 MB.
wat should I do now as the sim is very good & I ve done a lot of work on him?
& where ve I gone wrong ??

Don't worry about me,Bcoz normal people already worry about me!!!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:46:17 am »

The only reason you may need a Sims2Pack is if you plan on sharing the sim.  Right now it is in your SavedSims folder and will be in the Custom Sim Pool in CAS so you can use it in your game.

If you did get it into the Sims2Pack, you can open it with CleanInstaller, then see what all is included.  I think I heard Seasons Bodyshop will package meshes with the sim, so if any custom hair or clothing was used, that may be adding all the "bulk".
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 02:04:08 am »

Yep, if the sim file is so big it is because you used a lot of cc when you creatied it.

You did not do anything wrong, you just used a lot of cc when you created it.  If you are planning on sharing it, make sure to give credits to the all the  talents that made the cc coming with it. To make it easier for you, you can use a screenshot while you have clean installer open and you would try to install that sim in your game, that way, it will give a list of all the cc coming with it.

If you do not have the clean installer, it can be found on the MTS2 site.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:26:01 am »

88Meg?  That's huge!  I kind of suspect the packager added some stuff that you tried and changed to something else.  Check it with Clean Installer!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
tanenen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 06:36:58 am »

I ve clean installer.& it is showing that my sim ve 17 cc.
r they too much ?
here's a screenshot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53744177@N00/1016999198/" title="Photo Sharing">http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/1016999198_2d03afeabd_o.gif" width="1024" height="768" alt="sim2pack  CC" />
plz help me too reduce the size as I desparetly want too share my sims.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 07:16:12 am »

Ok I would remove the 2 skintones and link people to the specific skintone. I would also remove the hair and link them to the hair as well. When you save you will need to save the file as like sim1a so as it doesn't screw the entire thing up. After you have removed those 3 put it in a rar file and lets see how large it is.
tanenen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:22:40 am »

I know I m being dumb but I dont how too remve them can u plz give me a link or tell me the way to do so Huh?

MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 06:10:46 am »

To remove items, uncheck the boxes infront of a line and when you're done, make a new file by clicking the "Save as..." button.

Like Kathy said, don't overwrite the original file or you'll risk ending up with an empty package.

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: