Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:34:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Workaround Needed If Possible  (Read 1204 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sea-Monkey
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:59:51 am »

Good morning everybody.

I followed the directions to install Sims2 from DVD to run off the hard drive and everything went fine.  Then I ran thesims2update.exe and it made me put the DVD back in the drive before it would complete successfully.

Now it prompts me for the game disk before it will load the game even though I still have not deleted the C:\Disk Images\Disk1 directory.

Is there a workaround that will let me install updates as needed, and still continue to play from my hard drive instead of having to use the DVD-ROM every time?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Sea-Monkey
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »

If you figure that one out your doing better than me, only one I ever got to do that with was Pets because I bought it from the EA link. Everything else I have to use the cd with to play the game. Which is why when Bon Voyage comes out if I decide to get it, I'm getting it off the link. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:49:52 pm »

Unless you download the game from EA or use methods we can't talk about here, you always have to have the cd/dvd in the drive in order to play the game.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: