Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:34:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had problems starting the game after the second seasons patch.  (Read 5388 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 06:33:11 pm »

Quote from: Zirconia Wolf;818943
I was just about to cry for help about this very problem & am going to try your advise first! (I have been playing just swell with all-packs-up-to Seasons/Celebrations + the "3rd" Seasons patch until my PC just quit reading my disk! )

So..er...where do I find the cache files?

-ZW

The cache files are in your : mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/(groups.cache ,accessories.cache, there is one other cache file but I cannot remember the name of it but it has to do with pets).

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 07:09:39 pm »

There's also the "cigen.package" file that may also need to be deleted.  It's basically the thumbnail file for Bodyshop, but there are some times where that particular file will get corrupted.  :angel:

LauSim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 04:19:30 pm »

Definitively, my .cache files seem they can not last more than a couple of starts... After that they get inexorably corrupted and make my game to not start.

Waiting and hoping for Bon Voyage to solve this irritating problem...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 04:23:22 pm by LauSim » Logged
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 04:08:45 pm »

I have experienced 3 "not-starting game" (since last year) and I needed to desinstall and reinstall all the game with loosing my neighborhoods because if I reinstalled them the game refused again to start... Sad

Too bad I'm not at home now to test with the cache files deletion (sorry for the english) but... my favourite neighboorhoods are saved so... maybe I will be able to replay with them. Rah ! It's a great news !! :blob6:

:happy3:
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 07:04:33 pm »

Yep!, I have problems with the cache files too - especially 'Groups.cache' if you're in & out of Bodyshop, and the game itself a lot - this is the one that seems to corrupt the most. So make a back-up!, it'll save ya a lot of time - not having to re-install the game and all your packs again!. Wink

I find simply renaming it to 'oldGroups.cache' so that the game ignores it & creates a new one is quite useful - just in case there's a problem with the new content, and your game crashes on exit!... :O
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:13:28 pm by DocFX » Logged

Just one more go!.. Wink
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 10:25:18 pm »

I just go ahead and delete them altogether.  The game and Bodyshop will regenerate those files just fine... unless your game is freaky and doesn't do that.  :shock:  Then a backup would probably be best.  :lol:

dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 06:41:01 pm »

I delete mine regularly as I am always deleting custom content and adding custom content to my game. I have never had trouble with the game deleting them as they just regenerate after you restart the game.

Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 05:13:47 pm »

For me, with both the first and second patches, after installing it my university neighborhoods would not work. It would pull up but run so slow that even just moving the mouse took it ten minutes to process, all the rest of the game was find just not university. For both patches, I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game leaving out custom content and all downloads and it still did not work with the patch. Doing the same thing, it works fine without the patch. Being as last time I apparently forgot to backup my game, I lost everything and will NOT be trying the patch again.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: