Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:24:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skin Changer and Sims2 Running Slow  (Read 2550 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:42:26 pm »

Hey,

I have heard about this Skin Changer and I have been searching everywhere for it, but I just can't seem to find it.
I was also wondering if anyone could tell me why on my mums laptop that reaches all the requirements of sims2 is always running slow? It meets maximum requirements and it's a brand new visita computer?

Somebody help me lol!

Clarissa x

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 07:36:10 pm »

Vista, as I've heard, makes computers lag, though I wouldn't be sure, as I don't have Vista myself.

Christianlov made that, I think.  He deleted all his stuff when he left MTS2 and all other Sims 2 sites.  There's a site that still has his stuff, but it deleted itself from my favorites. :/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:09:16 pm »

Vista is a hog, pure and simple. The requirements for running the Sims on Vista are different (as far as the graphics card, at least) than if you run it on XP.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 06:51:34 am »

Yea on my computer at dads I have windows xp. So my sims works perfectly. Thank you.

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:07:06 am »

Find christianlovs Skintone Changer at The Sims2 Graveyard, the link will take you to the right folder.
Just be aware that there are several versions of said mod, christianlov_SkintoneSelector_severalversions.rar, christianlov_CustomSkintoneSelector13_20061124.zip and an add-on for InTeen users, christianlov_Jase_zzzChristianlov_SkintoneSelector.zip.

Afraid you might have to go for a try and error trip to find out which version will run with your game.

As an alternative, you could use SimPe and its SimSurgery feature to replace a skintone. I haven't got any tutorial links, though.

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: