Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:18:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error Code 0xc0000005?!  (Read 4357 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2007, 11:16:47 pm »

Um... so I was on a deleting and organizing rampage in my download folder and I went to open Clean Installer when it gave me a funny error.  I took a screen shot.  Is my computer going to explode?  I hate when stuff like this happens.  Oh by the way, I uninstalled and reinstalled it and still same error.  AAAA!  Help please... Sad

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:15:21 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:37:20 pm »

Do you have the most current version?
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:13:54 am »

yes.  actually... now i cant keep itunes open either.  oddly enough my music splicing application is fine.  ive killed my computer.  i just know it.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:36:51 am »

okay... i looked up the error but im so confused still.  help!
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:48:02 am »

It's been a long time ago now, but I think that might be the same error I got when I installed the program on the administrator account of my Windows Xp.  Then I switched to a "non-administrator" account to actually play my game and every time I tried using installer it would give me an error message.  I asked and was told multi-user (account) support was not available unless both accounts were on administrator.  Just a thought, not sure it it will help or not...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 01:22:58 am »

i only have one account.  ive been looking up this problem for the last hour and it seems to be caused by a million different things.  i hate computers.  thanks for the advice though.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 06:07:05 am »

try uninstalling and reinstalling it

timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:31:03 am »

tried it, thanks kim for responding.  i also unistalled itunes and reinstalled it.  its definitely not just a clean installer problem.  my avast virus detector wont open either.  but my sims game runs fine along with firefox. so if anyone is extremely computer savvy and can tell me what a 0xc0000005 error is then i think im screwed.  i just looked all over google trying to figure it out.  bah!
xMizzesSimmerx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 01:02:42 am »

Well here's a few things it could be, not garunteed, because I can't really scan through you event logs, but try searching through the knowledge base and see if there is a fix.
I had funky error codes for some of my Sim programs and it was due to bad drivers/ect. But I fixed it. YAY
Here's a few links to get you going, it may just be one of these:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217134/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297272/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920316/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936648/en-us
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 01:50:33 am »

It can be faulty RAM, a bad driver or even spyware/malware. If you have a spyware detection program, I would first try running it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 01:23:32 pm »

sounds like it has to do with my RAM... i just installed new ram a week or so ago.  xmissessimmerx or caffeinated.joy... i have windows xp... what do you think i should do?
Chinami

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 01:37:45 pm »

Caffeinated.joy is right.. My dad got me RAM for my birthday ^_^

I'd run a spyware cleaner like Norton Internet security, it helped my computer ALOT!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 02:56:48 pm »

If you don't have a spyware program, and can't afford to buy one, I would recommend downloading AVG Free or spybot (I have both). With your RAM, it could be a simple matter of it not being seated properly, so I would check that. Microsoft also has a utility you can download to check your RAM, but I don't have the link handy at the moment.

timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 07:47:37 am »

thnaks alot.  ive had avg before.  ill run a scan today.  and i found the ram tester hopefully that comes up with something.  uploading sims is a pain in the a** without clean installer.

EDIT: uhoh... i can't get avg to work nor the windows ram checker.  but i did remove my ram manually and the error still occurred when i rebooted so im assuming its not that.  hmm... i would love to find out if it's a virus but the error wont let me run a scan or get a new anti virus program.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:44:03 am by timberario » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:22 pm »

OK...this may be time consuming, but it could be worthwhile in the end. Try uninstalling AVG, then run a disk cleanup and disk defragmentor. Another good program to install and run, if you haven't already, is Ad-aware free edition (another program I have). If this is the first time you've run it, don't be surprised if it finds a lot of spyware on your computer. Finally, run your error-checking utility. (If unfamiliar with the process), click Start>My Computer, right click on Properties, select the Tools tab and, under Error Checking, click "Check Now" right at the top. Select both "automatically fix file system errors" & "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors". You'll be told you need to reboot to start the scan, so do so.

If AVG isn't working for you, another good program to try is Avast! antivirus

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: