Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:52:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Resetting a Sim  (Read 4572 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Zach

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:41:24 am »

I don't really know how or what to ask here, so I'll just describe the situation.  I will say, though, that this is no "OMG! My favorite Sim is ruined!!!11!!" situation or anything. :-P  I'm just curious if it's fixable.

Background

Just for fun, I decided to create a fat, lazy Sim and play with him for a while.  I set his Neat and Active traits to 0 and maximized all the rest evenly (with the points I had left over).

My goal was to have him never clean or exterminate and then hopefully see him attacked by a swarm of flies or something.  Instead, he complained 24/7 about the environment, and boy does that 15 Sim-minute animation get aggravating after seeing it for the fiftieth time!  (I didn't get that.  What's the point of being a slob if all you are going to do is complain about the mess??!? :brain:)  

Needless to say, it became very annoying and absolutely no fun to play, so just using the boolprop cheat, not SimPE, I readjusted his traits to more of a normal Sim which, in turn, changed his Zodiac sign.

Problem

Now that his traits and Zodiac sign have changed, his attraction-related features are out of sync.  When he sees someone he's attracted to, he gags; and when he sees someone he finds disgusting, he swoons. :lovestor:  And sometimes the attraction-enabled Pie Menu options become instantly available even though there's one or more red x's on the other Sim's portrait.

Bottom-line, it's all completely out of whack. :happy8:

Solution?

Would there be any ill-effects if I deleted him (in boolprop cheat mode)?  (I know he'll just reappear at the mailbox the next time I load his house.)  And would this be different than just doing a "Force Error" on him and then resetting him?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:46:31 am »

If you have simpe, you can use it to change your characters attraction flags to be what you want them to be. There's also a "don't scream at me" mod on More Awesome Than You that will stop your sims from doing that annoying whine. I'll track down the link for you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:55:05 am »

You can also change the attraction meter by using the "aspiration" module of the Insim.  If you change the zodiac sign of your sim, for sure it won't be attracted to the same sims as before since zodiac sign plays a part in attraction.

BTW, good luck in having a sim actually die by "death by flies" it is really hard to achieve.

And even sims with neat level at zero will still clean and complain about the environment thanks to Maxis poor programming.  Thank god for people that make mods to fix that partially, the one cafeniated offer should do part of the job.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:08:12 am by MissDoh » Logged
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 02:56:14 am »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;868580
If you have simpe, you can use it to change your characters attraction flags to be what you want them to be. There's also a "don't scream at me" mod on More Awesome Than You that will stop your sims from doing that annoying whine. I'll track down the link for you.
About the hack on MATY, I look forward to the link.  Thanks!

But about the attraction business, I'm not talking about the flags.  Those haven't changed.  Those flags (hair color, fit/fat, etc.) are just one small factor in how the game engine calculates an attraction score.  It's also based on Zodiac sign, traits, career, and aspiration.

What I'm saying is that because I cheated after his initial creation, the game engine is now confused.  For some features (character reaction animations for instance) it uses his new traits and Zodiac sign to calculate it, and for other features (bolt icons, pie menu options), it is still using the old values.  It's out of sync.

I'm just wondering if deleting him will sync him back up again, or if not, is there any other way.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:58:03 am by Zach » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 03:02:26 am »

You can use Twojeffs college adjust to "sync genetic" accordiing to its new zodiac sign, that mod can be found on the Inteen site here:  College Adjuster
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 03:05:26 am »

Quote from: MissDoh;868594
You can also change the attraction meter by using the "aspiration" module.

You mean with Insimenator?  Yeah, I don't have that installed, but if it comes to that, I suppose I'll just change it in SimPE.

BTW, good luck in having a sim actually die by "death by flies" it is really hard to achieve.

I suspected that going in, just like after all these years I have never been abducted by aliens nor killed by a satellite, and Lord knows how many hours of my life I have wasted trying. :-P

And even sims with neat level at zero will still clean and complain about the environment thanks to Maxis poor programming.  Thank god for people that make mods to fix that partially, the one cafeniated offer should do part of the job.

That's no joke.  I mean, come Maxis, slobs don't care about messes.  That's why they are slobs for Pete's sake! :smt120
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 03:05:54 am »

Found it! You have to register, but it's free, and there's a lot of lovely mods there.

Don't wave at me!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 03:10:02 am »

Ummm unless it changed, you do not need to register to download mods from MATY site.

And yes, I was meaning the aspiration module from the Insim, I just corrected my post. :tongue:

Maxis/Ea just love teasing us, didn't you realize that yet :tongue:

I have never been abducted by aliens nor killed by a satellite, and Lord knows how many hours of my life I have wasted trying.

At the inteen site which I gave you a link to already you can find mods made by Twojeffs increasing the odds of those happening.  It is in that same section I linked you too.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:12:26 am by MissDoh » Logged
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 03:11:44 am »

Quote from: MissDoh;868600
You can use Twojeffs college adjust to "sync genetic" accordiing to its new zodiac sign, that mod can be found on the Inteen site here:  College Adjuster

You know, I was thinking about that, i.e., that the engine was using the genetic traits for some attraction features and the "current" traits (what the boolprop cheat adjusts) for others.

Could Maxis really be that short-sighted?  I mean, if my Sim-mom raised me to be neat, I'm neat.  Genetics should play no part in this attraction calculation.

Interesting idea, though.  I'll go sync his traits up in SimPE and see if that fixes the problem.
Zach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 03:14:08 am »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;868604
Found it! You have to register, but it's free, and there's a lot of lovely mods there.

Don't wave at me!

You're a lifesaver!  Thanks!  I visit MATY a lot, and oddly, I've never seen this hack.  I'm forever in your debt! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:22:13 am by Zach » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 03:16:54 am »

Could Maxis really be that short-sighted? I mean, if my Sim-mom raised me to be neat, I'm neat. Genetics should play no part in this attraction calculation.

The "sync genetic" part is mostly useful because it will pass on the right zodiac feature to its kids if the sims do have some in the feature, it does not really play a part in the attraction but it is always good to do when you modify a sim zodiac sign.

Could Maxis really be that short-sighted? I mean, if my Sim-mom raised me to be neat, I'm neat. Genetics should play no part in this attraction calculation.

What caused the attraction change was the new zodiac sign actually, it does use it for its attraction calculation.

EDIT:  I edited my post above and added an important info in case you did not saw it yet.

EDIT2:  I don't know what each of these factors play in order of importance but I do know that to determine weither the sims are attracted to each other or not it will check all of these 3:  attraction meters, aspiration compatibility and zodiac sign compatibility.  There are charts about the zodiac signs compatibility available Here I thought they add one about aspriation compatibility too but I guess there is only one at the Sims 2 site in the "about nightlife" section.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:27:49 am by MissDoh » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:02 am »

You're welcome. That's one of my favorite mods there. That and the Perfect Garden hack and the marriage hack. You're right, you don't have to register to download, my bad. I was typing by reflex, since so many sites these days make you register to download anything. *laughs at self*

Zach

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 03:29:46 am »

To rephrase, I guess what I am trying to say is that for all the attraction-related animation & reaction BHAVs, the engine is still using my old Zodiac sign somehow, but for the lightening bolts and pie menus, it's using my new Zodiac sign. Smiley

I'm just wondering if there is a way to make the game engine stop using the old Zodiac trait altogether.  (Going the other direction--new:=old--is easy, I know, with either Insim or SimPE, but I don't want to do that.)
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 03:30:24 am »

That and the Perfect Garden hack and the marriage hack

BTW, just for your info, those cannot be found there anymore since Twojeffs has moved all his mods to the inteen site now.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 03:33:17 am »

To rephrase, I guess what I am trying to say is that for all the attraction-related animation & reaction BHAVs, the engine is still using my old Zodiac sign somehow, but for the lightening bolts and pie menus, it's using my new Zodiac sign.

BTW the changes are not instantly happening, you might need to talk to the Sim in person before the attraction will change according to the new feature of the sim.  With the FFS lot debugger find at the maty site you can clear attraction meters with it, it might help but what you are experiencing seems normal to me for now.  Here is a direct link to it:  Click here  That is a must hack debugging tool in everyones game.  The feature I was talking about can be found under the "memory" menu.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 03:40:59 am by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: