Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:29:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Child/Preteen  (Read 22907 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wademilner

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:40:55 am »

Does anyone know where to find or is anyone willing to make a preteen body for the child age? It would be for 10-13 year olds that haven't hit that last growth spurt, are not awkward little kids anymore, are not in high school and cannot work yet. I'm thinking the standard teen body, A top and shrunk to child height. Or am I just spending way too much time thinking about this?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:31:19 pm »

I don't think it's even possible, since you can't make the meshes taller/shorter outside the game without totally messing with the skeleton and animations... also since the game doesn't support another age category I'm not sure how you'd even get it into the game.  I don't work with the children meshes at all though, so I can't really be sure.  I know it's not something I'd be willing to work on though... I prefer to stick to the adults.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
wademilner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:32:22 am »

I wasn't thinking of a different height. I can change that with SimPE. Just a teen mesh shrunk to a child height.
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:31:04 pm »

So a child mesh with small boobs is what you are looking for?  :smt120

May be possible but no one is currently working on such a thing......

Teens have A-D Cup obviously (although I'd love to see a Ren teen mesh for chunky teens) and can be shrunk to about 80% adulkt size of. Might be your best bet.

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
wademilner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:05 am »

Kinda. I want to then use SimPE to change their height to somewhere between child and teen. Children look about 7-10 and teens are 15-19. I was looking for the 11-14 range where they are still kids in a lot of respects. The point was to have them be the child, act like a child, and not have all the actions and/or responsibilities of a teen.
Keyaira107

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:27:20 pm »

someones made it before but i can't remember where or who but it did show that the child had some chest if i come across it i'll put a link

Like my sims check out more pics of themhere
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 07:10:57 pm »

There have been 2 meshes arround of a child with breast's, both alpha meshes, they have been removed as they also had very high heels and were just too.....much.

No longer active
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »

Actually I stand corrected.  I've come across a few curvier child meshes now (generally in the hips) at a variety of sites.  I'll send you a pm and try to locate them again if I can. Pm me anyone else if you are needing. They work great as is or stretched to 1.10 - 1.15 height. Great for tweens.

djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 02:54:32 pm »

Haven't run into any new ones in awhile but there are a couple out there.

danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 03:02:58 pm »

Why not just use the "stretch skeleton" cheat to "adjust" the height of the child/teen to taller or shorter?  Or making them a bit more chubby in body/face by using "change appearance" for that in-between child and puberty age?  You can then make them thinner and less full in the face when they mature....  just a thought... Wink

(Or am I missing the point somehow- which knowing me- is totally possible!)

THIS is a gripe of mine as well...

I'd LOVE to see new age groups for the Sims!!! Cheesy

How ideal would it be to have:

Baby to Toddler
Toddler to Preschooler
Preschooler to Child
Child to Preteen
Preteen to Teen
Teen to Young Adult

WHOO HOO

I'd be a happy camper with this much "realism" added to my sim-world...

I really hate that there's no "in-between" ages for the kiddo's.  Sad

*hello Maxis are you listening?Huh?*

LOL

ANYhoo... now I'm rambling and in danger of hijacking your thread... so I'm going to shut-up now.

Hope you find something that works for you. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 03:05:54 pm by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 07:02:13 pm »

Nah i agree with you completely.  Age and bodyshapes could have been done so much better than Maxis did.  Thank god for Warlokk and meshers who gave a wide range of adult sizes.  Not as many for the younger sims but there's quite a few options for height adjustments w/stretching and with a few meshes out there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: