Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:37:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done with your default sims?  (Read 57941 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 01:31:26 pm »

Quote from: MissLoaf;877240
Who's Hector, the wunderkind?

Sorry, for the late reply. I'm just in the habit of looking at the last post. I didn't even realize there were post before that before.

I made him up; he's a young adult sim that's suppose to be Mortimer and Bella's first son and favorite. His name also follows his siblings' name scheme- children of Priam and Hecuba from the Iliad: Cassandra (the daughter that has the gift of prophesy because she agreed to sleep with Apollo, but cursed so no one would believe her after she backed out of the deal), Alexander (Not many people know but Paris was often called Alexandros in Greek (including the Iliad). He's the one that was left out to die because he was suppose to bring ruin to the land, found and raised by a poor shepherd, chosen by Zeus to judge a beauty contest (only because Zeus didn't want to get his own hands dirty), readmitted by the has father (Priam the king of Troy) as a prince, ran off with the king of Sparta's wife during a diplomatic meeting (that's a great way to establish good relations...), started a ten year war, and brought ruin to the kingdom), and Hector is Priam and Hecuba's favorite and often seen as the true tragic hero of the epic.
I made him up back in Sims 1 and brought him to Sims 2- He was suppose to be in school abroad during Sims 1.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:31:46 pm by AjaAja » Logged

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:35 pm »

Funny, I just recently started to play Pleasantview again after a 1.5 year break.  I also plan on playing RiverBlossom and Strangetown but not just yet.

So far, I have brought back to life Darleen Dreamer, Skip Broke and Michael Bachelor (so easy with the Insim).  

Cassendra broke up with Don, they are not meant to be.  Maybe she will end-up with Michael Bachelor since I made him an adult again (thanks to the insim again, a few clicks and it is done)  Though I needed to fix Michael DNA in SimPe because he is flag with grey hair even as an adult, he now has really nice blonde hair.

I also made the Oldie an adult couple again, they are more fun to play as adult.

I will try to make the Pleasants stay together but it will mostly depend on Daniel's behavior :tongue:

As of who will end-up with who exactly, I did not plan anything yet and will see what will happen.  I send my sims to community lot very often and so many things can happen there. :tongue:

I now have 4 romance males (Don Lothario, Skip Broke, Herb Oldie and Daniel Pleasant), they should keep the ladies in that hood pretty busy. Cheesy

Poor Nina is all alone as a romance Sim.  I wonder if Lucy Burb would make a good romance sim.  Ummmm.
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 08:16:12 pm »

oh wow, this is giving me alot of great ideas. i used to play the pleasantview familys all the time til i recently got bored of them and starting creating my own sims. but, now im getting back into the mood of playing default families. well heres what i usually do:

Pleasantview:

-Mary-sue divorces Dan after seeing him cheat with the maid. but, Mary-sue leaves and Dan gets married to Kaylynn. usually i make them have 1-3 kids, which only makes Lilith more angsty and inspires her to move in with the Dreamers. but, Angela being the angel that she is loves her new step-sib(s) and stays with daddy and step-family. not until she gets preggers with Dustin Broke and they have to move out when they find out she's expecting twins. plus, later, Lilith and Dirk have twins. (runs in the family, i guess =D).

-as for the Goths, Morty marries Dina but soon dies to leave her his fortune (precisely what she wanted). then Don breaks up with Cassandra after a nice night of woohooing and she later finds out that she is pregnant. After having the baby she either moves in with the Dreamers and has a kid with Darren, or buys herself a bunch of cats. she always struck me as a cat lady type.

-Dina and Nina are a little more complicated. First, Dina gets pregnant with Morty before he dies. Afterwards, both sisters get pregnant by Don Lothario, and its fun to make them woohoo within the same day so that both sisters are pregnant with the same man at the same time. IRONY? but i usually make Nina have trips, just to add to the drama.

-as for the Brokes, Beau grows up and goes to college but i usually forget about him. Dustin moves out with Angela after finding out that shes pregnant. and Brandi usually has a baby with Don Lothario just to add more to her stressful little plate. i dont usually move them out and into a big house like i guess most people do. i love the drama that comes with that little trailer home.

-at this point, Don Lothario has:
1 child with Cassandra Goth
1 child with Brandi Broke
1 child with Dina Caliente
3 children with Nina Caliente
but, he doesnt stick around to take care of any of them, hes not really the settling down type of man. so, to teach him a lesson, i make him get abducted and have an alien child to raise by himself, to let him know what all those women went through. whos laughing now, Donny?

Strangetown:

-first i move Stella Terrano into town from college and make her marry Pascal Curious. Viddy marries Chloe Singles and Lazlo marries Lola. an alien wife for each of them. i change the number of kids they all have every time.

-Loki beaker dies in a freak accident in his science lab (just because his deformed face scares me). Then Circe gets abducted one night while shes "experimenting" and gets pregnant.

-usually i also make Ophelia Nigmos and one of the Grunt boys marry and make them have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. 1 girl and 1 boy are named for Ophelia's dead parents while the other girl is named for the Grunt boy's dead mother. aww.

but i dont really play Veronaville too much, i dunno why. also, Riverblossom Hills hasnt really proved to be one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:19:02 pm by mieley » Logged

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
MayorofSimcity2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:30 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;879461
Funny, I just recently started to play Pleasantview again after a 1.5 year break.  I also plan on playing RiverBlossom and Strangetown but not just yet.

So far, I have brought back to life Darleen Dreamer, Skip Broke and Michael Bachelor (so easy with the Insim).  

Cassendra broke up with Don, they are not meant to be.  Maybe she will end-up with Michael Bachelor since I made him an adult again (thanks to the insim again, a few clicks and it is done)  Though I needed to fix Michael DNA in SimPe because he is flag with grey hair even as an adult, he now has really nice blonde hair.

I also made the Oldie an adult couple again, they are more fun to play as adult.

I will try to make the Pleasants stay together but it will mostly depend on Daniel's behavior :tongue:

As of who will end-up with who exactly, I did not plan anything yet and will see what will happen.  I send my sims to community lot very often and so many things can happen there. :tongue:

I now have 4 romance males (Don Lothario, Skip Broke, Herb Oldie and Daniel Pleasant), they should keep the ladies in that hood pretty busy. Cheesy

Poor Nina is all alone as a romance Sim.  I wonder if Lucy Burb would make a good romance sim.  Ummmm.

Uhhh, u said u might make cassandra end up with michael bachelor, thats her uncle, Bella's brother
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 12:56:34 pm »

Miss Doh, Mayor already said this but Cassandra and Michael are related... just in case you didn't know. I change Herb Oldie a lot (which I tend to do to most of the default sims): I change him to family aspiration, change his stats around a lot, and make him a retired Captain Hero.

Mieley, I'm glad we could give you some ideas. Don's karmic baby is really funny. Now that you mention it Cassandra does seem like a cat lady. I can't bear to have Morty die for some reason- I have to admit, like Brandi, I have a real soft spot for him. Dina divorces Morty after being caught cheating with the male maid (Remington Harris). She also has the nerve to stay there and to marry Remington and move him in. I move Brandi into a new home, but it's still a broke-down one (just in a broke-down neighborhood to match); she and Angela have never gotten a job. Beau is goes up almost perfectly, but has a thing for Dustin! He manages to get that to work out! Dustin divorces Angela and moves out with Beau (who goes to college). Brandi ends up accepting her sons' lives as Beau is a good influence on Dustin (he goes all the way in the business career path). Angela still lives with Brandi and they become good friends. So Angela, who was suppose to have a bright future becomes a bum; meanwhile, Lilith moves in with Dirk and Derrick Dreamer, and Mary-sue accepts it as she becomes an overachiever over there. Dirk changes to family aspiration and Lilith changes to fortune aspiration and goes to college. She becomes a successful business woman while Dirk becomes an excellent stay-at-home father.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 08:28:54 pm »

Quote from: MayorofSimcity2;880084
Uhhh, u said u might make cassandra end up with michael bachelor, thats her uncle, Bella's brother

Oh yes you are right, I forgot about that.

Well then I will see what will happen.
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21:12 pm »

Please tell us what you decide to do.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 11:56:18 am »

I played yesterday and here is the line-up in my Pleasantview if I may express myself this way.  

I already mentionned that I ressurrected Michael Bachelor, Darleen Dreamer and Skip Broke.  I also age down to adult the Oldies and Mortimer Goth. Smiley

The line up for now is pretty predictable but it can change any time, it will all depend on what they will do on their own (free will is at on in my game).  I also go often on community lots and many things can happen there. Cheesy

So here we go:

The Pleasants are still living together for now and Daniel develop a new passion for his wife, they are in love again and still married for now.  The twins should go to college soon.  They might have other kids since I gave them extra days to live with Insim.  Though how long will the new passion last, who knows. :tongue:

The oldies, which are also young again, are in love with each other and still married for now.  They will probably have a kid of their own soon though they have an eye on other sims in the hood.

The Burb are still happily married though Jennifer have an eye on Skip Broke and Herb Oldie and John seems to like Cassendra Goth and Brandi Broke a lot.  For now, Lucy is still a kid but she should go to college.

After ressurecting him, Brandi quick Skip out of the house.  I ended her pregnancy and age up to kid Beau Broke.  Then she met Michael Bachelor.  They fell in love almost instantly.  They seem to be all over each other though they do like other sims too.  Michael recently moved in with her and the rest of the family.  They are not engaged for now.  Dustin should go to college soon.  Same for Beau when he will become a teen.  Both kids seems to agree on this union.

Daren Dreamer also quick his former wife out of the house (ok, I simply moved her out of the lot), he asked Cassendra Goth to move in with him and she agreed too.  They are in love and are not engaged for now.  Dirk should go to college too.  Dirk is not sure if he should approved the new union or not now that his mom is back to life.  Though they like other sims, Daren and Cassendra seem to have eyes only for each other for now.  Darleen has not given up on Daren yet.

What better partner than Nina Caliente could Don Lothario have?  They are both romance sims so they should understand each other.  Nina recently moved in with Don.  They are in love but not engaged for now and I doubt they will get engage with anyone.  Don got trapped once by Cassendra, he swore this will never happen again to him.  Jealousy is at off on that lot so they can do almost anything they wish.

Dina Caliente always had an eye on the rich Mortimer Goth, he asked her to move in with him which she accepted.  Him being an adult again is less interesting for her though, she seems to have an eye on John Burb and Michael Bachelor her former husband.  As for Mortimer, he seem to like Coral Oldie a lot.  Dina is starting to regret moving with Mortimer after being scared by ghosts 2 times so far.  The ghost must know abouth her and are trying to protect Mortimer. :tongue:  They are in love but not engaged for now.  Alexander is a bit puzzled by this union and he is secretly wishing for his mom to come back from the sky (though this will never happen).

Since I had plenty of romance sims already, I made both Darleen Dreamer and Skip Broke pleasure sims.  They feel in love and are now living together.  They are not engaged either.  Though Darleen is still interested by her former husband, Skip couldn't care less about Brandi.  He is keeping contact with his kids though.

Now that all of them are in love, I will let the drama unfold by itself and lmao I am sure at their misery.  I did not send any of them yet on community lots so they did not met any townies or downtownies, and they do not know all of the playable sims either.  When this happens, things will surely become more interesting. Cheesy

I will keep you in touch of the next events if any is worth mentionning.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:07:59 pm by MissDoh » Logged
pandasan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 12:22:05 pm »

I actually used to almost exclusively play the pre-made maxis families until I became active in the InSim community. I had a tendancy to make boring sims who looked alike, and I was amazed by all the unique sims I see people make on this site, so I've been practicing at making sims and play mostly my own these days.. but I digress~ Anyway, I have played Pleasantview, Riverblossom, and Strangetown sims. I stopped playing strangetown mostly because I learned their genetics were all messed up. I used SimPE to fix them so my couples could have kids with the correct genetics, but ended up losing interest. I've probably done more with Pleasantview than any other..

Concerning the Goths, I first used SimPE to bring Bella back. Bella and Morty had 1 more daughter before he kicked it. Bella re-married to the gardener and had another girl. I ended up killing Bella and the Gardener off because it was too weird having her the same age as Cassy (and Cassy's kids had an Aunt younger than them..) Bella's last child was raised by Cassandra.

I let Cassy marry Don, they had 2 beautiful kids together, and Cassy divorced him later after catching him in the act. She re-married to Darren and had another daughter Smiley It took me a long time before I could let Cassy age to elder, I grew quite attached to her. Her oldest daughter now has a baby, so she's a grandma! It's going to be hard to let her die.. I almost always stop playing families before they get past a 3rd generation.

I ended up killing Don off, he was causing too much trouble Tongue

The Pleasants lead a pretty typical life.. I didn't let Daniel cheat on Mary-Sue (I liked her a lot!) and Angela and Lilith became friends in college... Angela married Dustin, and Lilith married that pale faced townie teen from NL (That dude grows up ugly, not very good genetics!!)

I brought Skip Broke back before Brandi died, so their third child ended up being a girl. Beu married some girl he met in college, and pretty much the same with their 3rd child. Brandi and Skip are also elders I haven't let go of yet...

I married Dina Caliente to Malcom Landgraab, and Nina married a downtownie. Malcom makes some pretty ugly babies, but their oldest girl grew up pretty cute. The had 2 girls. Nina + townie guy had a set of twins who were fairly attractive, and Nina just gave birth to a girl before I stopped playing.

I brought Darleen Dreamer back, but she and Dirk died in an unfortunate fire accident.

I haven't had time to actually *play* the game in a long time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:24:06 pm by pandasan » Logged
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 05:37:17 pm »

MissDoh, I've never resurrected the dead sims before, but the interesting combinations that happened were so unexpected and quite interesting. Please do keep us informed; it would be greatly appreciated.

Pandasan, I agree that some of their genetics are horrible and one that looks fine as like a teenager becomes butt ugly as an adult go figure. I completely know what you're talking about getting attached to one of your sims, and the whole age thing. I guess for me, I've allowed myself to pretty accept sims halting aging in some sims and having different aging rates for different sims, i.e. so I could have one sim be an adult and their child grown up to an elder. I like Mary-sue too (though I change her stats quite a bit)! I have her marry a cop ncp (Dorian Kauker; though I tamper with his stats a lot- I love the insimenator!)

MayorofSimcity2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 10:15:20 pm »

Goth- I brought back Bella and they had another kid named Tristen I also aged Mortimer down to adult Cassandra got married to one of my CAS sims and has a son named Zachery, Alex went to college and married Lucy Burb and had twin girls.

Lothario- Don broke up with Cassandra and married Dina and they have two sons that are now teens.

Dreamer- I ressuructed Darlene and Dirk married Lilith and they had a son named Daniel.

Pleasant- Angela married Dustin and shes pregnant, Lilith married Dirk and has a son.

Broke- I ressuructed Skip and Brandi had her baby, who turned out to be a girl, named Alana. Dustin married Angela and she's pregnant and Beau is a teenager going steady with one of my CAS sim's adopted daughter

Caliente- Dina married Don and has two sons, Nina is now living alone

Bachelor- ressuructed Michael, not much after that
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 01:12:10 pm »

I think I read that Brandi can only have boys on her original lot, but I also remember Pandasan saying she resurrected Skip and the child was a girl, so does that mean resurrecting Skip makes her child a girl?

MayorofSimcity2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:30:47 pm »

Yeah i think its  only if you ressuruct skip
FridaRudd

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 11:13:07 pm »

I've kept a few of them, such as the Goths, Smiths, Dreamers, and Pleasants. Morty and Bella are still together and young on mine, Pollination Technician #9 changed his name to Roy, Darren Dreamer is like Ike Turner, and the Pleasants are two-timing each other behind their backs!

All the other default families are dead. I killed them. And I enjoyed it. Mwahahahaha!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:14:35 pm by FridaRudd » Logged
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 03:57:20 am »

Frida, how nefarious yet completely understandable. Dealing with the sims aren't completely like dealing with people in that we're probably less inhibited. We can act out fantasies and probably become a bit more sadistic; however, getting to release those dreams and tensions into the game (and not real life) may not be a bad thing at all. I also have to admit that some of sim sadism is because they act stupid or one that complains to me too much - at a certain point, I'm like fine, deal with it yourself! Also, I apparently have no problem killing someone for the sake of a storyline.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: