Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:22:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done with your default sims?  (Read 57931 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 05:07:17 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;879461
Maybe she will end-up with Michael Bachelor since I made him an adult again (thanks to the insim again, a few clicks and it is done)

Michael Bachelor is Bella Goth's brother, making him Cassandra's uncle so if Cassandra hooked-up with Michael that would be.... very soap opera-ish.

As for the pre-made sims (I only really play Pleasantview):

-Pleasants: Mary-Sue caught Daniel with the maid and divorced him. (He moved into a small mediterranian-inspired condo by himself) Angela moved in with Dustin in college (on-campus lot). Lilith moved in with Dirk (They're both still teenagers. Darren moved in with Goth family)

*More to come. Have to go eat supper*

New account --> 2*B~Weird
collin152

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 10:10:24 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;881956
Oh yes you are right, I forgot about that.

Well then I will see what will happen.

Oddly enough, sims can get it on with their parent's siblings. :devill:
lilyfae

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 03:50:49 am »

I've loaded and reloaded Pleasantview many times in my course of playing, and there are a few things that generally always happen, but then sometimes I try to mix it up a bit:

Goths: Mortimer I have never married to Dina, he married Nina once which was surprisingly a good match and she actually fell head over heels for him, wanting to get married and have his babies etc (which was surprising for a romance sim) Usually though he gets a hot blonde from CAS with money/family aspiration depending on my mood at the time
In last few games, Alexander has ended up fighting Dirk for Lilith and winning coz hes got money in Liliths eyes, though last time I had him cheat on her in college and marry the new girl. Although once I made Mort's new wife move in with a little boy and Alex fell for him when they were teens.

Cassandra I am awful to because she has such ugly babies in my experience, she has married Don before, but usually has one baby catches him in the act and runs off to Darren who happily lets her in. However there have been times that she has been fed up with Mort's new missus that she dumps Don and goes for Darren.
ALthough this game they are not together and Darren is now an elder alone.

Dirk Dreamer I like him so he gets a nice ride usually take to college and make him excel, I let him marry whoever he really likes best male or female (3lightning and they are sold!!) and they have a nice house and kids. This time hes got a lovely girl despite her obsession with exercise.

Don Lothario is cool, he usually becomes a Knowledge sim and an Adventurer so his house looks like he could be Indiana Jones, (can't wait for the new EP so he can really go on adventures) normally he marries some townie or a CAS, although, he wooed the wife of that big family in Seasons and had some pretty kids with her. But this time hes married to Dina who is a family sim now.

Nina Caliente has been ignored or played to death, depending on whether I am bored with her or not, shes been scraping a living selling furniture to pay bills, and been living the life of luxury as Mrs Goth. This time I've made her a Pleasure sim and shes going to go on holiday and come back with a surprise to look after.

The Brokes are a favourite of mine, and usually I get Brandi remarried to a suitable townie and having more kids (she has had girls on the homelot before), Dustin and Beau get their names changed to Zack and Frankie, Dustin  has married Angela Pleasant if I plan on him becoming a regular guy, if I make him rich, he snubs her and gets a huge house.
However this time I've not let her remarry and is working hard, shes saved enough by now to move to a nicer home so I'm proud of her.

My relationship with the Pleasants is weird, I don't like Mary Sue or Angela and adore Lilith and Daniel (even though I disagree with his morals) I've kicked Daniel out before and moved the Oldies in, Mary Sue has a makeover and bags a much younger college man who when she died ended up with Angela.
This time I aged Lilith down to child, had Daniel kick Mary Sue out and she moved in with the Oldies Angela ran away and went to live with her, and Daniel married Kaylynn and had a baby...
However whats interesting is that he has dreams of Mary Sue, and constant wants to ring her, talk to her, play with her etc!

SO thats what happens to my characters!
Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 04:26:45 am »

They've all died and gone to Sim Heaven a long time ago and I don't remember much about what happen to them. But I remember that the Pleasants family got really messed up and Daniel was really having the time of his life.
I think the only one I’ve got left from the pre-made families is Brandi’s youngest son (in my game she only had one kid except for the ones that were already in the game). Can’t remember what I’ve named him. My neighbourhood is so crowed it’s a miracle I can actually have more Sims in it; the old people don’t die fast enough. :muahaha:
drsalvador

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 02:34:16 pm »

how do i reset the neighbourhoods without reinstalling?
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 04:49:29 pm »

My all dead and gone to sim heaven or in my case back up folder which comes in handy. I do my own neighbourshoods.

AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 10:00:24 pm »

Quote from: drsalvador;932778

I think if you delete the EA games folder in your My Documents folder, when you start the game, it generates the neighborhoods over again. Make sure you take out or back-up things that you want to keep (like things in your Downloads folder for example).

I hope this helps.

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 10:43:07 pm »

Quote from: drsalvador;932778

I think if you delete the EA games folder in your My Documents folder, when you start the game, it generates the neighborhoods over again. Make sure you take out or back-up things that you want to keep (like things in your Downloads folder for example).

Quote from: collin152
Oddly enough, sims can get it on with their parent's siblings.
:shock: Is that really true? I had no idea... I may actually have to test this... though, none of my stories have yet to do an uncle or aunt thing... I wonder who I'll test this on... :evil4:

Quote from: Ferdrya747
Michael Bachelor is Bella Goth's brother, making him Cassandra's uncle so if Cassandra hooked-up with Michael that would be.... very soap opera-ish.

As for the pre-made sims (I only really play Pleasantview):

-Pleasants: Mary-Sue caught Daniel with the maid and divorced him. (He moved into a small mediterranian-inspired condo by himself) Angela moved in with Dustin in college (on-campus lot). Lilith moved in with Dirk (They're both still teenagers. Darren moved in with Goth family)

*More to come. Have to go eat supper*

I've never seen American soaps, but from the Korean soaps (which they call "dramas"), I've never seen something like that happen though there was something that almost happened between two people that didn't know they were brother and sister, but that dissolved before something really serious happened.
But if Cassandra and Michael is soapy, then what happens in mine is outright Greek tragedyesque; no, there's no son kills father marries mother, but well... Dustin marries Angela (everything seems fine so far); they have two children (okay, so now we've acknowledged they existence of "woohoo"), BUT Dustin divorces Angela (a bit more scandalous); then, well, backing up a little bit, someone actually had a bit of a crush on Dustin... and well, that crush is realized as Dustin ends up happily ever after with Beau, his brother (the one with the crush).
Angela on the other hand becomes like a younger version of Dina (having MANY babies with many babies' daddies); when Dustin and Beau's younger brother, Jacob, goes to college, things between him and Angela start heating up, and they get married, and she has two babies with him too. She eventually catches Jacob cheating, and divorces him... so Angela has married and divorced two of the Broke brothers (brothers 1 and 3), and has two kids with each of them (totaling four kids). She and Brandi become good friends, and both of them never get a job (those two just don't strike me as working types. Angela's too lazy and more interested in get rich quick type schemes, and Brandi just isn't that bright). That's as far as I've ever gotten, but I suspect there are more babies and babies' daddies in Angela's future; Brandi has yet to get her groove back, and I'm not sure she ever will...
Uh... you went to go eat supper, but never came back!

Quote from: lilyfae
Don Lothario is cool, he usually becomes a Knowledge sim and an Adventurer so his house looks like he could be Indiana Jones, (can't wait for the new EP so he can really go on adventures) normally he marries some townie or a CAS, although, he wooed the wife of that big family in Seasons and had some pretty kids with her. But this time hes married to Dina who is a family sim now.

Wow, it's so hard for me to imagine Don as a knowledge sim! And Dina as a family sim for that matter!

Quote from: lilyfae
My relationship with the Pleasants is weird, I don't like Mary Sue or Angela and adore Lilith and Daniel (even though I disagree with his morals)

That's funny, because I also like Lilith, but I like Mary-sue too. I'm okay with Angela, and I kind of make Daniel a bum who moves in with his one of his sons (the only one in the Pleasant family that doesn't hate him; his sister, Jennifer doesn't hate him either, but she's a Burb now).

drsalvador

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 11:58:01 am »

Quote from: asaasafighting;936746

I hope this helps.

thanks ill just have to dlete the premade nhood folders!
drsalvador

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 12:00:58 pm »

Quote from: asaasafighting;936746

I hope this helps.

sorry but how do i backup saves?Huh?
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:53 am »

Here's what happened to my Pleasantview simmys:

The Goths: Mortimer married Dina and she moved in, Cassandra and Alexander were not to happy about this as they had some idea about Dina's 'plans' - they hated her. Poor old Morty passed away while sleeping he left Dina with all of his fortune, which she was very happy about indeed, but also left her with another suprise - a baby. Unlucky-in-love Cassandra still hasn't found the 'one' to this day, and is living alone in her perfectly maintained but lonely flat with her three pet cats working on her successful career - she hopes that one day she will have a family of her own. Alexander has had a drastic makeover and the once geeky, chess playing Alexander is now Alex - the uber cool, hearthrob of Pleasantview, he hangs out with Dustin Broke now which has given him a bad influence.

The Caliente's: Dina continues to live in the Goth household with her and Morty's baby after giving it a Caliente makeover and getting rid of the Goth ancestors, they creeped her out. She has a no-strings-attatched relationship with Don and later falls pregnant. Nina has had a long-term relationship with Don for 4 years, she has had 3 children to him and recently found out about his affair with her sister, the once close relationship between the Caliente sister's is no more - she no longer has any contact with her sister and Don later dissapeared when he heard she found out.

The Pleasant's: Mary-Sue finds out about Daniel's affair with the maid but chooses to keep the affair a family secret, she doesn't want her family's squeaky-clean reputation in Pleasantview tarnished by her husband, this later leads to Mary-Sue's breakdown. Daniel leaves the unstable Mary-Sue for the attractive but very young maid. Lillith and Angela still remain like 'chalk and cheese' but suprisingly 'goody-two-shoes' Angela falls pregnant to Alex Goth at just 16, her plans to go on to college are ruined, this only makes Mary-Sue worse. Lillith is still with her boyfriend Dustin Broke and tells her mother that she want to marry him - Mary-Sue is more guilty then worried for her young daughters plans as she is having a secretive sexual relationship with Dustin (Mary-Sue has officially gone crazy).

Don Lothario: Don has recently dissapeared from his family home as his wife Nina has found out his dirty secret about impregnating her sister. He is probably going to carry on impregnating most of the women in Pleasantview. He has said to be seen entering the Pleasant's home on numerous occasions...

The Broke's: Dustin reveals his plans to marry his girlfriend Lillith and Brandi is over the moon, she believes that marriage could sort her off-the-rails son for good... she is wrong. Beau grows up to be an inspiration for the rest of his siblings - he is intelligent, charming and good-looking, Dustin is envious of him. Brandi marries Darren Dreamer and him and his son Dirk move in, she now has a army of children in her over-crowded trailor home. Heartbroken Nina seems to be spending a lot of time with Brandi recently...

The Burb's: John and Lucy want the best for their only daughter Lucy but when they found out that their princess was dating Alex Goth they were not impressed, they tell her on numerous occasions "That boy is bad news, he is no good for you Lucy! Ever since his dad died he has gone off the rails". Lucy is planning to move in with Alex when she is old enough.

As usual Pleasantview is oh so pleasant. :smile bi:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 04:27:03 pm by BrokenPrincess » Logged

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 08:41:42 am »

Quote from: drsalvador;958995
sorry but how do i backup saves?Huh?

You just copy the folder (the Sims 2 folder) and save it somewhere else safe and away from your EA Games folder (I keep it in a folder called "Sims 2 back-up" in MyDoc's, but that's just me); so you will now have an extra copy of the folder (which is your back-up), so if something ever goes wrong in your game; instead of having to go through too much trouble, you can just copy the back-up and paste it over your Sims 2 folder. You should update your back-up as much as possible - especially if something important happened that you don't want to lose. Just save your current Sims 2 folder (in EA Games folder) and save it over your back-up to create a new back-up.

*Basically, a "back-up" is just an extra copy that you create so you don't have to go through all the trouble doing things over again or reinstalling your game in case something bad happens to your game. Also before making a back-up, make sure you game actually is in fine working condition, because if you make a back-up of a bad game, your back-up is going to be bad (remember, a back-up is just a copy). Some people like to save back-ups onto CD's or flash memory.

*When I say "save over", that just means when you save it, "it will tell you that file already exists and if you save it, it will save over the old one (basically replace it), and ask you if you still want to save" - just say, yes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:51:01 am by AjaAja » Logged

AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 08:46:12 am »

Quote from: BrokenPrincess;965070
Here's what happened to my Pleasantview simmys:

The Goths: Mortimer married Dina and she moved in, Cassandra and Alexander were not to happy about this as they had some idea about Dina's 'plans' - they hated her. Poor old Morty passed away while sleeping he left Dina with all of his fortune, which she was very happy about indeed, but also left her with another suprise - a baby. Unlucky-in-love Cassandra still hasn't found the 'one' to this day, and is living alone in her perfectly maintained but lonely flat with her three pet cats working on her successful career - she hopes that one day she will have a family of her own. Alexander has had a drastic makeover and the once geeky, chess playing Alexander is now Alex - the uber cool, hearthrob of Pleasantview, he hangs out with Dustin Broke now which has given him a bad influence.

The Caliente's: Dina continues to live in the Goth household with her and Morty's baby after giving it a Caliente makeover and getting rid of the Goth ancestors, they creeped her out. She has a no-strings-attatched relationship with Don and later falls pregnant. Nina has had a long-term relationship with Don for 4 years, she has had 3 children to him and recently found out about his affair with her sister, the once close relationship between the Caliente sister's is no more - she no longer has any contact with her sister and Don later dissapeared when he heard she found out.

The Pleasant's: Mary-Sue finds out about Daniel's affair with the maid but chooses to keep the affair a family secret, she doesn't want her family's squeaky-clean reputation in Pleasantview tarnished by her husband, this later leads to Mary-Sue's breakdown. Daniel leaves the unstable Mary-Sue for the attractive but very young maid. Lillith and Angela still remain like 'chalk and cheese' but suprisingly 'goody-two-shoes' Angela falls pregnant to Alex Goth at just 16, her plans to go on to college are ruined, this only makes Mary-Sue worse. Lillith is still with her boyfriend Dustin Broke and tells her mother that she want to marry him - Mary-Sue is more guilty then worried for her young daughters plans as she is having a secretive sexual relationship with Dustin (Mary-Sue has officially gone crazy).

Don Lothario: Don has recently dissapeared from his family home as his wife Nina has found out his dirty secret about impregnating her sister. He is probably going to carry on impregnating most of the women in Pleasantview. He has said to be seen entering the Pleasant's home on numerous occasions...

The Broke's: Dustin reveals his plans to marry his girlfriend Lillith and Brandi is over the moon, she believes that marriage could sort her off-the-rails son for good... she is wrong. Beau grows up to be an inspiration for the rest of his siblings - he is intelligent, charming and good-looking, Dustin is envious of him. Brandi marries Darren Dreamer and him and his son Dirk move in, she now has a army of children in her over-crowded trailor home. Heartbroken Nina seems to be spending a lot of time with Brandi recently...

The Burb's: John and Lucy want the best for their only daughter Lucy but when they found out that their princess was dating Alex Goth they were not impressed, they tell her on numerous occasions "That boy is bad news, he is no good for you Lucy! Ever since his dad died he has gone off the rails". Lucy is planning to move in with Alex when she is old enough.

As usual Pleasantview is oh so pleasant. :smile bi:

That was quite pleasant and an exciting story line. :clap:

BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 08:55:22 am »

Why thankyou Aja. :smile bi:

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 02:49:33 am »

I love the Strangetown Pre-made character set.  

I have done several story threads, the best of which was wiped out when my husband tried to "fix" a problem with my old computer.  

In that thread I got Tank Grunt through college and he went into politics.  He ended up married to the gorgeous blonde Nightlife townie in the little black cap.  In virtually every reset of my game I hook them up, because Tank always makes a lot of money and she is a money aspiration sim.  They have great chemistry.  

Then I created a character, Joey Jones (who is uploaded somewhere in Sim Hunks). He also has incredible chemistry with her.  Joey is a pleasure sim whom I keep modestly employed.  In one thread he and she had an affair right before she married Tank and their first baby was actually Joey's.  After the Grunts had a couple more kids, blondie got abducted by aliens.  It inspired me to kill her, and presumably, Tank as well.  I removed their last baby with SimPE, and replaced him after the tragedy.  I also moved Joey onto the property at the same time, and I got a gorgeous set of pics of Joey picking up this infant off the lawn by the mailbox.  He ends up raising the kids alone, finally connecting with his own child.  It will be the story I eventually finish for upload (someday) but making good stories is a bit beyond my talents at the moment.  

I also love to get Nervous a job as a cop, and have him marry Loki's sister Lisa Singles.  He almost always ends up having an affair with Circe.  Both Loki and Lisa move out to start life anew, with Loki vowing vengence on Nervous, who by this time is usually a swat team leader, or higher.  Circe and Nervous had a baby in one of these threads.  Interesting dynamics when they all become "friends" again.  Oh! and a Lisa-Joey romance could develop.  

I will continue playing these threads until I get enough great photos in my storytelling folder to put the saga together.  I want it to become more than just a love story.  I want it to become a major Alien War with Polination Tech Nine, and General Buzz having to work together to defend innocent earthlings from a new, aggressive group of aliens.  

Pascal Curious always has a daughter, and she sides with the bad guys.  Drama, drama.

Joey, the real Star of this epic, transitions from pro party guest to killiing machine.  The rest?  It's my secret.

Happy Simming, everyone!

Michele
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:08:42 am by mhahse57 » Logged

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: