Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 05:20:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Face replacement issue  (Read 2640 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2007, 05:49:37 pm »

So I have a problem with my default face replacements. They work fine on sims created in Bodyshop or CAS, but they don't work right on sims born in game.
No matter what the replacement face looks like (and what the base face looks like), sims born in game have the same unappealing face. Does anyone know why this is or how to get rid of it or anything?
Unfortunately, I've had this problem with every set of default face replacements I've used. I've tried removing all the hacks and all the downloads, as well as reinstalling.
I have the base game (obviously) and all the expansion packs through Pets. It would be great if anyone could help me, because I'm totally clueless!
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 05:57:06 pm »

hey mate...  have you got only ONE set of default face replacements??? in your downloads..

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:01:17 pm »

Yeah, just one set. I've tried it with multiple, but only one at a time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:01:53 pm by qadsjlkahsdf » Logged
murfwithjess

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:43:34 pm »

are the sets the you are using a full set of faces.. cause i do know that you can get alot of default faces where they have only done like 5 or 8 faces and the rest are normal maxie ones... that will make new born's have maxies faces.

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:59:49 pm »

It's a full set of faces, and the default face replacements affect the toddlers that are actually created by me. So I really have no idea what's going on with that. Thanks!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 08:01:43 pm »

If you read the instruction coming with default face replacement set it is mention that it will NOT affect existing sims only the ones you create from the moment you had them.

Nothing is wrong, that is totally normal.

EDIT:  What I mean is that the parent of those new born sim where not affected by the new templates therefore their kids are not either.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:05:06 pm by MissDoh » Logged
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:12:42 pm »

Er, no, the sims born in-game that I'm referring to were born to sims who were created with those new templates. So shouldn't they be affected by the templates or am I really confused? They're second-generation new template sim kids.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:16:48 pm »

Humm they should indeed, it is really weird.  I am wondering if the fact you changed them in the process did not affect that.  When it first happened, were you using the same set since the time you created them?

Did you try to post about that problem in the thread where you got those templates?  Maybe others mentionned that problems and came up with solutions for that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:18:57 pm by MissDoh » Logged
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:50:31 pm »

Yeah, I was still on my first set.

It's been all the templates I tried, so I didn't think it'd do any good, but I should do something. Thank you very much for the help! Hopefully someone else has experienced the same problem...
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 08:57:11 pm »

Come to think of it, some mix and match can still make sims look ugly even with default replacement in, it cannot totally prevent that, it might depend what genetic of the parents is transfer to the kid and there is no way for us to control that.

Aging them up to adult stage will give you a better idea of what the sim will look like, sometimes at toddler and kid stage they do look weird but once grown up they are ok.
qadsjlkahsdf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 09:32:20 pm »

Very good point - unfortunately, the adult sims look just as bad. They all have the same odd face, too, which is... really bizarre.

Maybe I'll just have to learn to adapt to the weirdness. Bleh. I'm going to try reinstalling one more time, and then I guess I'll post a comment on the default face replacement thing.

Thank you very much for your help!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:32:55 pm by qadsjlkahsdf » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: