Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:55:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinstalling EPs: Help Needed!  (Read 1329 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:11 pm »

I had to reformat my pc, so I need to reinstall all my games. I have all 5 EPs. I installed everything up to OFB when after finish installing my pc froze. Usually after finish installing the cd will check for updates and when it's done the shortcup will appear on the desktop, but that step didn't happened. When I restart my pc, I tried to uninstall OFB but I can't. When I click uninstall, it just do nothing. I tried to get into the game and I am able to play it so I assume OFB was installed properly.

Then I continue installing Pets and Seasons. When I tried playing seasons, after getting into the neighbourhood I got something like this: "OFB is uninstalled. If you have any business, you won't be able to play it and all the stuff is no longer available" even though the game is still there on C drive.

So now, can I just reinstall OFB and will be able to play seasons? or do I have to uninstall Pets and Seasons, then reinstall OFB, then reinstall Pets and Seasons back?

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:02:04 pm »

last time i had a problem like that...
(my nightlife was uninstalled by my Uni)

yeah, i just re-installed my nightlife, and it worked....

also....is the machine you install on connected to the net? if it is, next time you have to re-install, try unpluging or turning off yer modem, since it then cant try looking on the EA site for updates ect
(which might explain your lock up)
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:01:36 pm »

I'll try to do that. I haven't do anything to it yet because I'm so afraid of screwing it up Cheesy

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: