Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:17:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy windows broken  (Read 2243 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kab75

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:39:57 am »

Hi all,

I've had this problem for some time now and can't seem to find the cause of it. My original maxis "privacy windows" do not work anymore.

When I place them, one side looks normal while the other side is just an outline of the window. They also let no light in.

I have used a conflict detector and it finds none. I do have a re-colour in there which I cannot seem to delete though, it doesn't give me the delete option. Could this be the problem? And if so, how could I delete it if I don't know the file name lol. (I think installed the recolour before I realized you could organize your files!) I have searched for every file with window in it but none of them are the privacy ones.

I've attached a pic of what happens. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Kab_

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:44:58 am »

That can happen when you have the snapobjects cheat on (boolprop snapobjectstogrid false).

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Kab75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:48:54 am »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;873990
That can happen when you have the snapobjects cheat on (boolprop snapobjectstogrid false).

Oh cool, I don't have any cheats on though that's why it is stumping me.
Thanks though! :smile:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:58 am »

If you want to delete the recolor of the window, go to build mode on a lot you have the window.  Then click the design tool (the one that allows you to change the recolor you use).  Highlight the custom recolor, and you should have access to the trash can.
Kab75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:12:08 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;874039
If you want to delete the recolor of the window, go to build mode on a lot you have the window.  Then click the design tool (the one that allows you to change the recolor you use).  Highlight the custom recolor, and you should have access to the trash can.

Thanks for this. I removed the customs and restarted but my windows are still the same as in the above pictures. :smt120

It's only the privacy windows, all others work fine.

Any other ideas? lol

Kab_
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 10:37:16 am »

I would remove all my download files (not delete just remove and put it on the desktop), then I would go back into the game and see if it's still conflicting.

If it's conflicting then you should reinstall your game.

If it's not conflicting then it must be a bad file.

Try replacing groups of files in and then restarting the game. Check and see if the problem is still there and if it is, then the problem lies within the recently placed files.

Depending on your DL folder size try grouping them in a/b/c/d/e/f/g...

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Rayea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 12:56:54 pm »

have you tried grabing the window and moving it?

i sometimes get what you do, when my privacy window is facing the wrong way (i can never tell if its in or out)
my window is fine on one side, but like yours on the other.
usually, for me, at least, grabbing the window and ttying to make it face the other side usually works....
Shpookiecat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 01:28:20 pm »

I've had this happen to both windows & doors if I have "moveobjects on" cheat. But, that usually happens to all of them, not specific objects.

Kab75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:04 am »

Quote from: xoxk9;874416
I would remove all my download files (not delete just remove and put it on the desktop), then I would go back into the game and see if it's still conflicting.

If it's conflicting then you should reinstall your game.

If it's not conflicting then it must be a bad file.

Try replacing groups of files in and then restarting the game. Check and see if the problem is still there and if it is, then the problem lies within the recently placed files.

Depending on your DL folder size try grouping them in a/b/c/d/e/f/g...

Yay, lol.

Ok so this worked. I'm glad I don't have a million downloads and they are in some sort of order!

It was a custom parsimonious window that had a completely different name and looked nothing like a privacy window which was causing the problem.
No wonder my privacy window searches weren't solving it!

Thanks very much for your help, it is nice having my privacy windows back!

Kab_ :smile:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: