Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 04:11:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: For the Super Heroine Fans.....  (Read 15043 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xenos

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 09:03:49 am »

All of my various heroine meshes are based upon base meshes from the original Sims game. (I think - MAYBE one of them is a University mesh - but I don't think so). So, basically, any texture that works on a base game mesh can easily be converted in bodyshop to work on the heroine mesh. (I never created any custom skins for my meshes except for the black swimsuit and black bodysuit outfits - all the rest are just coverted game skins.)

Here's how to do it yourself...

1) Download one of the hundred nude skins that show up as clothes in your game.

2) Open up bodyshop and copy that nude mesh as if you were going to recolor it. Give it a project name like "BaseNude".

3) Find one of the skins for my heroine "swimsuit" mesh - (or get it here) - and clone it as if you were going to edit that skin. Give it a project name like "XenosNude".

4) In Windows Explorer, copy the images from your "BaseNude" project into the "XenosNude" project.

5) Look at the XenosNude project in Bodyshop again and it should now have a nude skin rather than the swimsuit or whatever other skin it originally had. (The swimsuit mesh and nude meshes are really the same thing within the game).

True, this won't actually replace the actual base nude skin for the sim, but they can wear this nude skin as underwear or sleepwear (if you check those off when you package the file in bodyshop).

This technique can be used for all of my meshes since I didn't remap anything - all base game skins can easily be converted to Heroine mesh skins. You can even take other people's skins that are designed for base game meshes (at least the several that I have already made) and apply them to my meshes, too.

----

I still have my deformer presets to make new conversions for this game. It takes me about 40 minutes to convert a mesh. My main problem with these meshes (other than the lack of a replacement default nude for these) is that if I spend all my time making new meshes, then I don't have time to convert base clothes to apply to the meshes. IF someone feels like taking the initiative to convert some base game skins to apply to my meshes (no artistic talent required), then I could very well be inspired to rekindle this project and convert some of the base meshes that have been released more recently. There are a lot of new ones, but it's silly for me to spend 40 minutes per mesh if there is only going to be one or two outfits available for that mesh.

Soooooo - if anyone is into it, please do do some recolors. Once you have a half dozen or so, put 'em up somewhere. (I'm not sure you can submit files here unless you are one of the in-house posters, if not - MTS2 would be fine). Lemme know that you put them up and if you'll also do some converting for another new mesh, I'll let you request any of the other in-game meshes and I'll make the base for you. (Full bodies only - because the hips and abdomen sizes are changed, the heroine mesh doesn't work on Tops/Bottoms base meshes).

Sound like a deal?

X.

P.S. Persephone - you've pretty much already paid your dues on doing recolors, so if you have a specific mesh you'd like converted to the heroine mesh, lemme know and I'll make it for you. Other custom meshes that other people have made could probably work, too - but not ones that already have bigger busts/hips, etc. And, of course, we'd need permission from the mesh creator to be able to use it. I don't want to spend time making something I can't share with everyone.
Persephone

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 09:36:49 am »

Xenos, I would love to have a miniskirt with heels if possible. I think if you asked Marvine she'd let you use her alpha skirt mesh as a base. It is the most versatile mesh, the skirt can be any length, and the heels are great. It can also be used with no skirt for lingerie. Your super heroine is one of my favorite meshes, the only thing she's missing is a great skirt and some heels. Ok, I'm sure the guys all think she needs to be able to shower nude lol. I'd be very happy with a good skirt and heels.
svetlana_sew

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 04:15:42 pm »

Thanks,
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: