Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:21:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macusers Unite!!!!  (Read 2349 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AuntieThorne
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:42:12 am »

LOL!  Crazy, innnit?  Macs have been at the forefront of graphic design forever and now the PC's have it over on us for in game mods and design.  Bummer.  So!  I found a couple of programs... I have never done any meshwork, so I have no real idea of what we need.  One is called Meshworks and the other is Image Tricks.  Anyone have any input on these programs and if they'd work for Sims2 stuff??
tntmac fans7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 02:02:53 pm »

Hey! I think you're absolutely correct! Unfortunately, however, there's no real way that I know of to make objects on a Mac because we need SimPE, and that's only compatible with stupid Windows. I wish somebody would collaborate with the dude or dudes who made SimPE and write a Mac version, but they just don't seem up to the task. I mean, sure, you can go ahead and make meshes, but when it comes down to it, the only way it'll end up on your game is with SimPE.

This moron was, for a very long time, seemingly working on a "SimPE for Mac," called "WooHoo for Mac." The guy got cold feet and disappeared off the face of the planet, so now there's a difficult-to-find, half-functional version floating around that doesn't even do what it was written to do. Retarded, but whatever. The best we can do now is get an Intel Mac, run SimPE on Windows and move the files to our EA Games folder on Mac OS X. Due to the rediculously high prices for Windows opporating systems, however, I have been unable to fully test this method, but have heard from other Mac users that it is highly effective.

As for me, I use Wings3D, a simple, free program (downloadable here: http://wings3d.com/) for meshwork, and leave myself to dream about my objects being someday available on my game. I mean, all of the PC users out there are getting the very most of their games by actually being able to create the objects they're ever in need of; we have to depend upon someone to make something and cross our fingers that they won't abandon the project.

I know my news to you wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but it's as far as Mac users have been able to get, to the best of my knowledge. We've also tried PC for Mac, but it's miserable and doesn't work in the slightest. Perhaps you'll have better luck? Of course, that too is expensive.

Good luck to you, AuntieThorne and I sincerely hope we Macs will eventually one day be able to Create as our PC cousins have been doing for so long before us. Macs shall prevail! Cheesy

P.S. I'm a HUGE Mac supporter—as much as I support my High School! Cheesy

Tyler or Tommy Cheesy
web.mac.com/jgilbertproductions

Macs shall prevail!
Apples rule!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: